The Car Shopping Thread

We saw quite a few doing 0% on 72 months. I had not seen that in the past. In fact one place had 0% on 72 months and 1.9 on 60 months. Very surprising.

The deal I got on my Kia was astounding, especially since I was under on my Mazda at the time. No wonder my sales guy was fired by the time I came in for my first oil change 3 months later. I almost felt bad.

hey JRod, I know you are not a VW fan, but what do you think of the jetta TDI? and what about the cruze diesel, is it worth 4-5k more?

I am thinking of replacing my golf

hey JRod, I know you are not a VW fan, but what do you think of the jetta TDI? and what about the cruze diesel, is it worth 4-5k more?

I got the Cruze deisel and love it. Fully loaded with leather seats, seat warmers, sunroof, backup camera. Basically all the bells and whistles. I do 80% highway driving and am averaging 43MPG. Just a sweet sweet car.

We saw quite a few doing 0% on 72 months. I had not seen that in the past. In fact one place had 0% on 72 months and 1.9 on 60 months. Very surprising.

Low interest programs can be very good, always ask the dealer whether its better to take the low interest or rebates because usually you give up a lot of rebates to take 0%. In many cases I have customers who will pay less if they take full rebates and we get them somewhere around 2.5% for 60-72 months. That's not always the case, but its always good to look into the options.

Low interest programs can be very good, always ask the dealer whether its better to take the low interest or rebates because usually you give up a lot of rebates to take 0%. In many cases I have customers who will pay less if they take full rebates and we get them somewhere around 2.5% for 60-72 months. That's not always the case, but its always good to look into the options.

Plus you have guys asking you for the invoice on certain cars/trucks........

#GoodManCharlieBrown

I got the Cruze deisel and love it. Fully loaded with leather seats, seat warmers, sunroof, backup camera. Basically all the bells and whistles. I do 80% highway driving and am averaging 43MPG. Just a sweet sweet car.

yes, but I was looking at a cheaper model, with minimal equipment, the cruze starts at 26k here compared to 22.5k for the jetta

yes, but I was looking at a cheaper model, with minimal equipment, the cruze starts at 26k here compared to 22.5k for the jetta

I lucked out and got a used 2014 with 900 miles on it. Got it for 20K and some change after a couple rebates. I will probably drive it until it falls apart.

Volkewagen makes an outstanding diesel. It's honestly the only VW i would own. They get amazing mileage and are extremely reliable. Keep up on the suggested maintenance and you will love it I think.

I don't know who is making Chevrolet diesel but I'd sick with the VW.motor aside gm are just not well built. The interiors are extremely chincey and the body panels are like tin.

I had major sticker shock when I saw the crude diesel price. Same price as a Passat tdi.

I had major sticker shock when I saw the crude diesel price. Same price as a Passat tdi.

I don't wanna offend the guy above who loves his cruze but I would have a real hard time dropping that kind of coin on a cruze.

yes! and choosing between a cruze and a passat for the same price seems pretty easy!

I don't wanna offend the guy above who loves his cruze but I would have a real hard time dropping that kind of coin on a cruze.

He said he walked out with one loaded for 20k... That is closer to wheat I expected.

It's all good man, that's why they make so many different vehicles.. Everyones eyes are different. I have never driven a VW and when I went car shopping I was actually after a Dodge Charger but really liked what I was getting with the Cruze as far as features and mpg's. It's a fun little car for me. I was coming from a Ram 1500 that got me a whopping 18mpg at best.

Had the Cruze been 26K now way would I be driving it, but for 20K I felt pretty good about it.

How real is this in terms of making if to production? I know the article says 2015/2016 but this has been a longtime rumor.

http://bestcarsof2015.com/2016-ford-bronco/

Huge rumor and chances are slim it comes back...as of now. We haven't heard anything and there have been and bunch of April Fools Jokes about it in the past. Would be cool if that one did, but sorry, it's not as of now.

Plus you have guys asking you for the invoice on certain cars/trucks........

#GoodManCharlieBrown

Yeah I've got a bad habit of pulling invoices on Fords and GM vehicles for friends to see, maybe I ought to knock that off.

Yeah I've got a bad habit of pulling invoices on Fords and GM vehicles for friends to see, maybe I ought to knock that off.

Whoa! Lets not get crazy & make rash decisions. :)

In the Great White North, I've been using an awesome service called Car Cost Canada that provides all details on the invoice price the dealer pays for the vehicle and any options/accessory packages you want. It also lays out all of the purchase incentives as well as any behind the scenes rebates/incentives to the dealer that aren't usually public knowledge. The idea is that you take the invoice price paid by the dealer, deduct any applicable rebates/incentives, add a small commission for the dealership (3%-6%) and end up paying below MSRP. I used this method when purchasing a new Tacoma a couple years ago and managed to save about $1,400 off of MSRP which is awesome for that vehicle since Toyota is notoriously unwilling to negotiate on those. I used some of my extra reports for friends (you pay about $40 for 5 reports if I recall), and they all got great deals too. The savings tend to vary significantly depending on the class of vehicle. Obviously, a $20k Chevy will have less commission built into it than a $50k Cadillac. I've read on a local forum of people using the reports, that the savings on nicely equipped full sized domestic pickups (particularly the F150), can be insane.

I was just googling for a similar service in the US and was quite surprised to find that you don't seem to have a directly comparable service. The closest I could find was this though I'm not sure if it's as good: https://ec.consumerreports.org/ec/aps/order.htm. Still, for $20, I would suggest ordering one if you're seriously considering a vehicle. The best thing you can do when buying a car is to be well informed.

My 2007 Altima is getting a little long in the tooth and while it has been a great car, I'm looking at upgrading to something a little sportier. I might pick up a new AWD sports sedan/hatch next year. The new Audi S3 is extremely tempting. The VW Golf R looks like it would be an absolute blast to drive too but that one won't be out until next summer.

Mrs tried out a used kia today. Didn't like it 1 bit said it was extremely loud inside when she got on the highway.

Search continues

You know what to do. Make it happen.
I did leave my beater trade in there and told him to come up with a good junket and that I was hungry and going to get dinner and will come back tomorrow

taking my business elsewhere.

Guy tells me point blank last night that they will issue a quote for our trade in and its the same amount regardless of what is being purchased.

I told him I appreciate that as thats how it should be handled.

Asked for the quote today and he said he had to know what vehicle we were interested in (to be honest, none of what they have right now).

Moving on as its totally the opposite of what he told me yesterday

taking my business elsewhere.

Guy tells me point blank last night that they will issue a quote for our trade in and its the same amount regardless of what is being purchased.

I told him I appreciate that as thats how it should be handled.

Asked for the quote today and he said he had to know what vehicle we were interested in (to be honest, none of what they have right now).

Moving on as its totally the opposite of what he told me yesterday
Such garbage. It should t matter. we went through the same garbage 2 weeks ago. People wonder why so many are labeled shady.

Yep...we didn't care for much there anyhow. I'll get a rough idea hopefully what my trade in is worth-ish and go elsewhere

Yep...we didn't care for much there anyhow. I'll get a rough idea hopefully what my trade in is worth-ish and go elsewhere

Why not just sell it yourself? With your penchant for negotiating seems a win win.

Why not just sell it yourself? With your penchant for negotiating seems a win win.

Transmission issues, just dont wanna deal with it. I know what its worth running, what its worth banged up adn the cost for them to fix the tranny so we will see what they come back with

Back