The Car Shopping Thread

Big shock dealership 2 was 2k higher than other ace and that was before I said a word about what I was looking to buy.

Good dudes to work with will be getting our business one way or another

Thats awesome dude.

How's the Optima working out JB?

Nice ride FK! Keeping your lovely wife in a style.... Well done buddy

How's the Optima working out JB?

Its as close to the Infiniti as we have test driven and love it. Surprised we love it as much as we do actually.

Thats a beauty brother. Got in one 3 weeks ago while checking out the CLA and was impressed.

What were your impressions of the CLA? I haven't been in one yet but I have pondered going to check one out.

What were your impressions of the CLA? I haven't been in one yet but I have pondered going to check one out.
Considering it comes pretty stripped of features we were uninterested. Once you start tacking on features price goes up substantially. Also prefer screen more built in rather than that tablet looking thing.

Yeah that tablet screen seems kind of odd when I look at pictures of the interior. As far as being stripped of features that's kind of what I was wondering when I have looked at some online but so many dealers have very limited info online in order to get people into the dealership so they can box close them.

I drove it yesterday, took my wife's GL in for normal maintenance and it was the loaner car. Was underwhelmed by it, felt like a stripped MB, dang thing even had leatherette - vinyl!

I drove it yesterday, took my wife's GL in for normal maintenance and it was the loaner car. Was underwhelmed by it, felt like a stripped MB, dang thing even had leatherette - vinyl!

mbs leatherette is really good. But the CLA did nothing for me .

We are thinking of selling my wife's car and picking up a lease. Wife's car has over 100k and the money we get furniture would cover a big chunk of grad school. We could pick up a decent lease for 300 and once grad school save to let her get what she wants when her lease is up.

While we aren't sure what we are getting I had to take 1 last pic with the deanvoy. It's been with us through the birth of all 3 kids and all 3 of our moves as well as countless golf trips.

74a95e5d217f43070e42c23d010f631a.jpg

Careful one more clinch and that door falls off.

Its as close to the Infiniti as we have test driven and love it. Surprised we love it as much as we do actually.

Kia is making some great cars these days. Some of the prettiest on the road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Kia is making some great cars these days. Some of the prettiest on the road.

The look is definitely Audi like. Which makes sense considering who is designing their cars now.

My fathers 911 Turbo had vinyl. In certain areas of the seat it's actually much better than leather.

My fathers 911 Turbo had vinyl. In certain areas of the seat it's actually much better than leather.

I hear ya, I've owned a 911 in the past and it had the seats you referenced. The CLA in my view is cheapness from top to tail, the leatherette had a stiffness to it that lacked comfort and turned me off to the car. I love cars, have bought dozens over the years and the fit and finish is what draws me in or pushes me away.

The look is definitely Audi like. Which makes sense considering who is designing their cars now.

That's very funny that you said that JB. The first one I ever saw was all black and from a distance I knew it was something new and I thought maybe the new A7 at the time, but I could never get quite close enough to get a good luck. Once I got a good luck I was very surprised it wasn't European. Great looking car inside and out. I often see them parked alongside BMWs and M-Bs at the local Capitol Grill and they look right at home.

Fine choice.

We took a 2013 Mazda CX5 for a test drive. Nice car. Waiting on the manager to see what they can do.....

We are starting to look for the Wife, early contenders are Optima, Jetta, Accord, and maybe small suv's as well.

Definitely open to any options at this point. Thinking we would lease but would buy for the right deal as well.

Back