The Golf Chick Project

I'm a bit confused about something GC. I would think your driver swing should be the same swing as your 9-iron. We have a mini-tour player at our practice facility who has a beautiful swing, hits the ball solid and you can't tell if he is hitting a pitching wedge or a driver. His swing with all his clubs is exactly the same. That's one of the things I'm working on.

I think the reason the driver is so hard to hit for most of us is we apply a different swing. Just my opinion though.

Its sort of the same swing, but different hee hee

For example with my 9i, the body and arms are kind of together and you shift your weight at the same time when you turn to hit the ball. With my driver, my body is shifting its weight to the left before the arms are coming down and the arms are closer to the body. I think that makes sense :) I think with the driver, its more of a shift in weight type of thing and not as much for the irons.

For example with my 9i, the body and arms are kind of together and you shift your weight at the same time when you turn to hit the ball. With my driver, my body is shifting its weight to the left before the arms are coming down and the arms are closer to the body. I think that makes sense :) I think with the driver, its more of a shift in weight type of thing and not as much for the irons.
Such an easy game, eh?

===== QUOTE Golf Chick ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Such an easy game, eh?

Lol! Its frustrating as heck!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

So I went to the range today, used my 9 iron, 8 iron, 7 iron, 6 iron and 5 iron and hit them FLAWLESS :clapp: Then, I used my driver...didn't miss a shot and they went straight, every single one of my shots 9 iron and everything, including my driver :joy: It was a good day. I had maybe 4 bad shots but I knew exactly what I did wrong. The BF and I shared an extra large bucket of range balls so I would say I had about 80 or so golf balls...It was a GREAT time at the range...now, I just hope I can be consistent this weekend!!

Glad to hear that you had such a great day today!! It really seems that your hard work is paying off.

We worked on my arms staying connected to my chest
I'd prefer that as well to be honest. Think I'll skip the driver lessons all together if that's an issue. I'd hate seeing 'em fly down the range. :tongue:

Glad to hear that you had such a great day today!! It really seems that your hard work is paying off.

We're playing night golf tonight at a par 3 course, so hopefully my short game will be ok. We'll be playing golf all weekend long :clapp:

We're playing night golf tonight at a par 3 course, so hopefully my short game will be ok. We'll be playing golf all weekend long :clapp:

night golf is so much fun! i'm jealous, you get golf all weekend, and i have to go to a family reunion (and yes it's more than just 3 of us)

I'd prefer that as well to be honest. Think I'll skip the driver lessons all together if that's an issue. I'd hate seeing 'em fly down the range. :tongue:

It took some getting used to, but one way to actually make sure that your arms are closer to your body is to put a headcover under your arm. But I guess its working for me, they golf balls are going long and straight :confused2:

night golf is so much fun! i'm jealous, you get golf all weekend, and i have to go to a family reunion (and yes it's more than just 3 of us)

4...if you include One-T hee hee hee :D

We were supposed to night golf a few times already but haven't as things came up, so hopefully tonight its a go :good:

4...if you include One-T hee hee hee :D

We were supposed to night golf a few times already but haven't as things came up, so hopefully tonight its a go :good:

haha, nice one!

have a great time tonight!

So I have a revelation...well, not really :)

Remember that I had asked my instructor whether or not I should investin new clubs and he said for now my clubs are ok. After my great time at the range last night, I'm thinking I'm going to keep my clubs for a while. They seem to work for me, so why change something that's working, right? Now...I just need to work on my hybrids and my 3 wood and we'll be all set to go :clapp: And of course...I need to work on my distances. So right now, my driver goes just a teeny bit further than my irons, which isn't saying much as it should go MUCH further :wink: But right now, still working on that swing with my driver and once I get that down, I'm sure my instructor and I will be working on distances :good:

Keep it up GC. Distance will come soon. Control is way more important, TRUST ME I KNOW. :angry: Sure i can carry my driver 270 but when its 50yds RIGHT it really doesnt mean much!!!

Keep it up GC. Distance will come soon. Control is way more important, TRUST ME I KNOW. :angry: Sure i can carry my driver 270 but when its 50yds RIGHT it really doesnt mean much!!!

They say that hindsight is 2020, so I can now understand that in order for me to get more distance, I need to get my swing down FIRST :)

So I was at the range last night and the loudspeaker say for the players on the range to hold off for a few minutes. A poor guy lost his driver head on the range. It flew off. And there was also a skunk crawling around the range as well, hee hee :)

They say that hindsight is 2020, so I can now understand that in order for me to get more distance, I need to get my swing down FIRST :)

So I was at the range last night and the loudspeaker say for the players on the range to hold off for a few minutes. A poor guy lost his driver head on the range. It flew off. And there was also a skunk crawling around the range as well, hee hee :)

Man I hope it was an old club. Otherwise id be ging after the guy that reshafted it!!

emjoy your weekend of golf GC!

cool just relax and have some fun!

i lol'd

have fun GC

Unfortunately I have no golf lesson tonight, until next week :) But in the meantime, will still hit the range after work today!! I bought myself one of those tall rubber tees that I can use for my driver. I've been looking for one for a while and didn't really occur to me to just take the tees that are on the range. So I spent $1 and purchased myself one to use. Now that my irons and driver are doing fairly well, I def. need work on the wedges and 3 wood and hybrids and putting. Maybe next week once I get my driver swing down, we can work on chipping :) I can finally drive 167 yards, that's my furthest so far!! And that was on the course, not at the range. The BF and I were playing a couple of weeks ago and I had him measure my drive on the par 4 hole that I par'd. I kind of wish I didn't sell my Golf Buddy now haa haa :confused2:

Unfortunately I have no golf lesson tonight, until next week :) But in the meantime, will still hit the range after work today!! I bought myself one of those tall rubber tees that I can use for my driver. I've been looking for one for a while and didn't really occur to me to just take the tees that are on the range. So I spent $1 and purchased myself one to use. Now that my irons and driver are doing fairly well, I def. need work on the wedges and 3 wood and hybrids and putting. Maybe next week once I get my driver swing down, we can work on chipping :) I can finally drive 167 yards, that's my furthest so far!! And that was on the course, not at the range. The BF and I were playing a couple of weeks ago and I had him measure my drive on the par 4 hole that I par'd. I kind of wish I didn't sell my Golf Buddy now haa haa :confused2:

I had the pro at my driving range order and sell me a set of three of the driving range mat tees so I could cut them to size I wanted and never have to scrounge for the right size or deal with the over beat up ones. I sharpied my initials on them and love having my own set. Sounds like you are really coming along on your game! We'll def have to play next time in LA (*not this trip boo-hoo. but I was thinking of ya while I was flying here)

I had the pro at my driving range order and sell me a set of three of the driving range mat tees so I could cut them to size I wanted and never have to scrounge for the right size or deal with the over beat up ones. I sharpied my initials on them and love having my own set. Sounds like you are really coming along on your game! We'll def have to play next time in LA (*not this trip boo-hoo. but I was thinking of ya while I was flying here)

At Golfsmith, I bought the pack of 3 rubber tees, unfortunately, none of them were the right height for my driver. So I've got 4 now :) I'm sure there'll be a next time you'll be out here, we can golf together then :)

Stopped by the range yesterday for a little bit, just hit a small bucket of balls, I haven't golfed/practiced since Sunday, so I was a little bit rusty, but after a few bad shots, I finally got the hang of it again. With my irons, I forgot my hip bump...how could I forget that :dohanim: Once I got my hip bump back
I was back in business :good:

Good job! You are turning into quite the contender.

Back