The Golf Chick Project

I have my lesson tonight, so maybe we can work on wedges or hybrids or my 3w. We shall see :)

I hope it goes well for you tonight! keep us posted.

GC you are really rockin this game. Awesome you have such dedication to this. Always look forward to your updates!

:crying: My lesson has been pushed back to Friday :crying: But at least its still a go this week instead of waiting until next Tuesday!

I'll post an update after my lesson on Friday :D

i need to get back on the lesson train... my game is a wreck...
its awesome that youve had a consistent lesson plan especially from the very beginning

The weather is still 104* out and I was a trooper. Was out there for my lesson in the heat with my instructor. I started hitting with my 9iron, then driver, and then we worked on my SW. I can hit a half swing with my SW 30 yards. Mental note for myself for when I'm out on the course, around the green and know my SW distance with a half swing :good: We worked on chipping and pitching, high lofts and low lofts. And that how I ended my day. I figure, we can start working on my short game and since we were working with my SW, my arms and shoulders were together which is how THEY SHOULD BE with my irons. Where he does his lessons on the range, there's a fenced area with a sand trap where you can practice sand shots, but with my SW, I was hitting them over the fence and onto the "green" next to the sand :clapp: Maybe next week we can work on hybrids and my 3 wood and then putting will be last. Its hotter than hot out. The BF and I each had our half frozen bottles of water. The BF has been getting more attention, I have 2 more lessons up on him and you can def. notice a difference. Today was grass at the range and normally our lessons are on mats, and I was able to hit off the grass with my 9 iron and tee it up quite well for my driver. We'll get out and play this weekend, but its night golf tomorrow as its in the triple digits around here...Great lessons, worked on something new: SW. I just need to remember weight is on the left side, arms/shoulders together!

Until Tuesday....

thats a good thing when the bf gets more attention from the teacher... means youre doing better... lol! awesome job gc

We have our golf lesson tomorrow, lesson #8 :clapp: I think its time to work on putting!! After that, hybrids and 3w. And that's all of my clubs...so once everything is well and learned, what's left for lessons?!?!?!

Golf lesson tonight, maybe we can work on putting :)

Love to hear the lessons going as planned. Can't wait to see the real deal in August.

Love to hear the lessons going as planned. Can't wait to see the real deal in August.

I still have a lot of work to do haa haa

I still have a lot of work to do haa haa

Not as much as I do. You'll see for yourself in a couple of weeks, lol.

BTW, your progress is great GC! :thumb:

Tonight's lesson, we worked on putting. Nothing but putting for a full hour!! My instructor had the alignment sticks out for me, then I replaced them with tees on the green so if I hit the tees, not good. I still have a lot of putt work to do...putting is my weakest part of my golf game. The long putts are what get me, I end up 3 putting them. Well, I guess the BF will have to be my caddie for a while until I can get the alignment right on my own :nono: Next week it'll be hybrids and 3 wood. I'll have to stop by the range and just practice putting. It takes a whole lot of concentration just putting. :)

putting is always good to practice! idk if i could do a solid hour lol but it will pay off for sure!
goodluck!

This is actually great motivation because I can't have the BF be my caddie, but until I can line up those putts, he'll be helping me out (Yikes!!)

I like to putt in my living room while I watch TV. Great practice IMO.

I just started doing that... It has really helped those shorter putts. Really gives you confidence. May not give you great read on speed but helps with alignment and such.

I just started doing that... It has really helped those shorter putts. Really gives you confidence. May not give you great read on speed but helps with alignment and such.

It has really helped with my stroke. I would watch the Tour and see what they were doing and then I would emulate the player I was most impressed by (which would be Tiger).

Im gonna try that next time I'm watching some golf. Would be great to try and match tempo with some of those guys.
It has really helped with my stroke. I would watch the Tour and see what they were doing and then I would emulate the player I was most impressed by (which would be Tiger).

I have a putting mat I roll out in my living and practice while watching dvrd golf on TV. When the cat isn't sitting on it, I've found it really helpful.

GC, your lessons are going awesome and I am looking forward to golfing with you next trip out to my LA clients!

Not the best role model for putting lately my friend!!!

Back