The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

Today could prove to be significantly life changing for the wife and me. I'm revisiting a home and community that just seems right, and expect to make an offer that will begin the process of relocating. I'm almost as nervous as on a THP event sign up day!

I hope things work out according to plans. New chapter in your life and sounds like a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today could prove to be significantly life changing for the wife and me. I'm revisiting a home and community that just seems right, and expect to make an offer that will begin the process of relocating. I'm almost as nervous as on a THP event sign up day!

That's fantastic Ken! Hope everything goes well today and throughout the whole process for you and your wife!

Awesome Ken, where are you headed?

Nice buddy, coming down the off the mountain? Hope it works out for you guys.

We're under contract far selling our house. Close is early may. Haven't found anything we've liked yet

We're under contract far selling our house. Close is early may. Haven't found anything we've liked yet
Pressure is on.

Pressure is on.
We are actually pretty lucky. Worst case scenario is we put most of our stuff in storage for a month or two and move in with my parents. They spend most of the spring/summer down the shore anyway so we'd have the house and pool to ourselves almost every weekend.

Awesome Ken, where are you headed?

Have been looking in the Florida panhandle from Destin to Pensacola. Found a beautiful golf community. In Pace, a suburb of Pensacola. Our daughter lives in Perdido Key, so we'll be reasonably close.

Have been looking in the Florida panhandle from Destin to Pensacola. Found a beautiful golf community. In Pace, a suburb of Pensacola. Our daughter lives in Perdido Key, so we'll be reasonably close.

Oh wow Ken! This is awesome news and I hope it works out for you man. I loved living in P'Cola and Pace is simply charming. Keeping fingers crossed for you buddy. Keep me in the loop and I'll throw my clubs in the trunk the next time I pass through on business!

JM

Oh wow Ken! This is awesome news and I hope it works out for you man. I loved living in P'Cola and Pace is simply charming. Keeping fingers crossed for you buddy. Keep me in the loop and I'll throw my clubs in the trunk the next time I pass through on business!

JM

Thanks, JM. I really like the area. I wish there were more THPers here. I know lockman is in the area, but, haven't noticed anyone else. Pace is growing a little bit. If you're familiar with Stonebrook, that's where I'm probably going to end up. It's the nicest golf community I've found, so far. If I join that club, I also get full membership to Tanglewood and Marcus Pointe as well. So that's cool. All are semi-private though. There are very few private clubs in NW Florida.

Happy for you buddy. I never got to play Marcus Pointe, but did get to play the Moors years ago.

Fingers crossed Ken!

JM

I'm guessing stonebrook? My whole family lives in pace, looks like we will be enjoying some rounds together in the future. I'm there a couple times a year. One set of grandparents live up off 90 near Florida town Rd and the others live off Berryhill just a mile or two from stonebrook.

Edit: I skimmed, stonebrook is a nice neighborhood, you will like it.

I'm guessing stonebrook? My whole family lives in pace, looks like we will be enjoying some rounds together in the future. I'm there a couple times a year. One set of grandparents live up off 90 near Florida town Rd and the others live off Berryhill just a mile or two from stonebrook.

Edit: I skimmed, stonebrook is a nice neighborhood, you will like it.

Yeah, by the time I got to Stonebrook, I had blown through Destin (too conjested, even in off season), Navarre/Hidden Creek (pretty nice), Perdido Bay CC (too old), Lost Key (not my cup of tea), Marcus Pointe (nope), oh, and Tiger Point (afraid of flooding). Stonebrook felt like home when I drove through the gate. It's looking like I'll make an offer this weekend. We'll see.

Yeah, by the time I got to Stonebrook, I had blown through Destin (too conjested, even in off season), Navarre/Hidden Creek (pretty nice), Perdido Bay CC (too old), Lost Key (not my cup of tea), Marcus Pointe (nope), oh, and Tiger Point (afraid of flooding). Stonebrook felt like home when I drove through the gate. It's looking like I'll make an offer this weekend. We'll see.

KellyBo and I said were joking this morning about moving down to your new neck of the woods. We would have to hit the lottery first :D

My wife and I have a home we love. We completely remodeled it last year so we love all of the interior, it's on a great 2/3 acre lot in an awesome neighborhood. The landscaping and exterior of the home still needs alot of work, and that is something I enjoy working on little by little.

But I feel like the house ups my wife's stress level 1000% sometimes. She constantly feels like she needs to be cleaning, the unfinished projects worry her non stop. I sometimes wonder if she lived in an average home that she didn't love quite as much, and didn't feel had to be perfect if she would stress less.

Our payment is really reasonable, we can afford it pretty comfortably, but we have a large amount of equity in the home thanks to the improvements we've made. Lately I have been wondering if we wouldn't be better off selling, this, making a large down payment on a town home, keeping a small amount of our equity for a rainy day and having a very small down payment .

Probably won't happen, but it's a thought.

My wife and I have a home we love. We completely remodeled it last year so we love all of the interior, it's on a great 2/3 acre lot in an awesome neighborhood. The landscaping and exterior of the home still needs alot of work, and that is something I enjoy working on little by little.

But I feel like the house ups my wife's stress level 1000% sometimes. She constantly feels like she needs to be cleaning, the unfinished projects worry her non stop. I sometimes wonder if she lived in an average home that she didn't love quite as much, and didn't feel had to be perfect if she would stress less.

Our payment is really reasonable, we can afford it pretty comfortably, but we have a large amount of equity in the home thanks to the improvements we've made. Lately I have been wondering if we wouldn't be better off selling, this, making a large down payment on a town home, keeping a small amount of our equity for a rainy day and having a very small down payment .

Probably won't happen, but it's a thought.

There is a LOT to be said for low stress. Talk about it together. I wish I could do a few things over again. Talk about it.....

She he may just surprise you bud!

JM

There is a LOT to be said for low stress. Talk about it together. I wish I could do a few things over again. Talk about it.....

She he may just surprise you bud!

JM
We talked about it tonight, we will think it over.

I don't stress, it's just not in my nature. They say opposites attract and it's certainly true here.

BTW, I LOVE your remodel pics and I was talking about HER stress. We all know the man doesn't count :act-up:.

JM

I just bought a house across town from where I live now. I absolutely love the negotiating process during the buying phase and selling of my house. However, I never realized exactly how much crap I have until I started packing things up. I have to be out of my current house by Friday and I still have a long way to go. I'm starting to wish I would have just stayed where I was. It would have been much easier.

Well, after talking with a financial advisor last night, I'm ready to start searching for a home to buy in earnest. We can save a lot off our monthly bills, and be in a good position to go to one income in the future. Now where to look...

Well, after talking with a financial advisor last night, I'm ready to start searching for a home to buy in earnest. We can save a lot off our monthly bills, and be in a good position to go to one income in the future. Now where to look...

Good luck dude, if I can help out at all let me know.

NOo uber familiar with the places up that way but im sure a few peeps on here are.

Good luck dude, if I can help out at all let me know.

NOo uber familiar with the places up that way but im sure a few peeps on here are.
Yeah I'm sure Colin will chime in at some point. We are hoping to stay in Ohio City, but it is slim pickings over there. Starting to look further west and into Lakewood looks promising. Higher property taxes but lower home prices.

I really want to buy something so I can stop dumping rent payments in the toilet, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna be planted here long term so I'm hesitant :/ I hate paying rent, but I don't want to put myself in the position of buying and selling after a year or two.

Good luck. I hope it all works out for you buddy

Back