The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure the best thing I can do to represent the company that invested in me and the place that made all this possible is to proudly display it on every gof course or driving range I set foot on. It only seems fair to me to give that back to Callaway and THP. No way this stuff stays in my house. Some of you guys just don't get it.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

which is why my train of thought has been changing over the last few months

which is why my train of thought has been changing over the last few months

Thats why I'm going to put the Morgan Cup staff bag in my house, and then buy a Taylormade Staff bag that I'll use on the course. I'm going to rep my incredible sponsor, but I don't want my once in a lifetime bag to get wrecked out on the course.

I like happy TC, where did that guy go?

Sorry buddy, those ahole Paradisians piss me off. They're so petty and annoying.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Thats why I'm going to put the Morgan Cup staff bag in my house, and then buy a Taylormade Staff bag that I'll use on the course. I'm going to rep my incredible sponsor, but I don't want my once in a lifetime bag to get wrecked out on the course.

Yeah, those are my thoughts as well. My home course doesn't have paved paths so it gets rather dusty. I would much rather keep my TMC bag nice and crisp and just buy another TaylorMade staff bag to use as a gamer.

Sorry buddy, those ahole Paradisians piss me off. They're so petty and annoying.

don't let them get to you TC....oh wait

Yeah, those are my thoughts as well. My home course doesn't have paved paths so it gets rather dusty. I would much rather keep my TMC bag nice and crisp and just buy another TaylorMade staff bag to use as a gamer.

I use an adidas staff bag now and will continue to do so. They get beat up. Especially the way I've seen some of the cart monkeys toss my ish around. It's annoying.

I really want to keep the staff bag pristine though like some of you guys. Like I've said in the past, Taylormade has a fan and customer for life.

I use an adidas staff bag now and will continue to do so. They get beat up. Especially the way I've seen some of the cart monkeys toss my ish around. It's annoying.

I really want to keep the staff bag pristine though like some of you guys. Like I've said in the past, Taylormade has a fan and customer for life.

Precisely! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Taylormade has a fan and customer for life.

Well said, I'm now a TaylorMade customer for life as well, not just for the quality of products that they make, but the way they have treated us in the Morgan Cup makes me a customer from now on.

Totally agree with DD and biggsy, TaylorMade will always be the company I look at first when it comes to equipment in the future.

That's exactly my thinking with both the bag and the clubs to be honest. It is real easy right now to say that we're all going to use this specific equipment and this staff bag forever, but I know that when they release their new lines later this year or into next, I'll be looking hard at them as well. Now, when I do replace something, I will be keeping my MC clubs, and 95% of what I buy from here on out will be TaylorMade. I fully plan on buying a TM or Adidas cart bag to use as my main bag, but this Staff Bag is too special.

I would hope that you would look at your sponsor company as your company of choice for the future. That would seem kind of obvious to me. No need to justify what you do with you equipment to me. I guess I'm just a bigger picture kind of guy. To me, this is another form of long term testing, but much cooler and a one of a kind experience. To me, the bag being provided is just as similar as the putter, the irons, the wedges, the woods, it's something that should be used and reviewed and my thoughts and feedback needs to be shared. I guess I just look at it differently. Who knows, maybe it's b/c I know how much hard work and planning went into this. Feel free to do with your bags what you want, they're yours, and you're entitled to your opinions on the matter the same way I am. I'm just sharing mine and it happens to be different from most everyone else's.

Staff bag will take a while to get used to. Here is a question, after the morgan cup, will you use your Morgan Cup staff bag, as your everyday golf bag, or will it be sort of a souvenir that will be in the corner somewhere?

Mine will be going in my office and probably be filled with some of my favorite putters. I walk and carry my own clubs far to much to use a staff bag on a daily basis, but I have already picked up a sweet Callaway carry bag that I've be using this summer and will likely continue to use after the event!

Haha...thanks biggsy...new term to me.

So in everyones opinion who has the bigger advantage? The people who got their irons first or the people who got their woods first?

I honestly don't think it will matter. At this point, I think we will all likely have our equipment in plenty of time to adjust.

Have you guys asked if a duplicate staff bag could be made at a reasonable cost to commemorate the event so those who chose to continue using the bag they get can have one of pristine condition? I'm in the same thought as TC here in that I would want to continue using my staff bag post MC and get some "war scars" on it. Then I'll have a duplicate showpiece at home for a memento.

Have you guys asked if a duplicate staff bag could be made at a reasonable cost to commemorate the event so those who chose to continue using the bag they get can have one of pristine condition? I'm in the same thought as TC here in that I would want to continue using my staff bag post MC and get some "war scars" on it. Then I'll have a duplicate showpiece at home for a memento.

We don't know anything about the staff bag on the Taylormade side. Definitely a thought after we see what it is.

I haven't thought about anything like that Spank. I think it's a good idea though but who knows what they have in store for us. All I know is that I'm sure I'm being pegged as a dick, but my point is, to me, the bag is just like another piece of equipment they're providing, and to me, this event isn't about the equipment, it's about being a part of something historic, ground breaking, and a first of its kind. I feel inclined to give it my all, especially with my participation and feedback (and that includes all equipment provided).

I haven't thought about anything like that Spank. I think it's a good idea though but who knows what they have in store for us. All I know is that I'm sure I'm being pegged as a dick, but my point is, to me, the bag is just like another piece of equipment they're providing, and to me, this event isn't about the equipment, it's about being a part of something historic, ground breaking, and a first of its kind. I feel inclined to give it my all, especially with my participation and feedback (and that includes all equipment provided).
I wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts on the bags dude. I just hope it fits on my push cart and I'm gaming that bad boy.

I wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts on the bags dude. I just hope it fits on my push cart and I'm gaming that bad boy.

I hope it fits too dude.

We don't know anything about the staff bag on the Taylormade side. Definitely a thought after we see what it is.

I hope it's made available for you guys. I'm sure most would jump at that opportunity. I could see where the walkers wouldn't game it. I guess living in FL and playing non-serious golf in a cart 99% of the time it would be a pretty tough decision.

I hope it fits too dude.
If it turns out not to work great on the push cart I'll have absolutely ZERO problem with having the staff bag in my garage ready to be called on when I know I'll be riding a cart. I've envied staff bags for a long time, I'm excited as hell to actually have one myself. I can't wait to see the total Callaway package all together, bags, woods, irons, wedges, putter, then pulling out some Callaway balls to boot....hells yeah dude.

Speaking of Callaway balls. I FINALLY have a sleeve of each the Tour i (s) and Tour i (z) to compare side by side. I putted with both tonight and while the s is definitely a lot softer I wouldn't call the z a rock by any means. Putting both through the motions to see what works best for me, I'm looking forward to the testing.

If it turns out not to work great on the push cart I'll have absolutely ZERO problem with having the staff bag in my garage ready to be called on when I know I'll be riding a cart. I've envied staff bags for a long time, I'm excited as hell to actually have one myself. I can't wait to see the total Callaway package all together, bags, woods, irons, wedges, putter, then pulling out some Callaway balls to boot....hells yeah dude.

Speaking of Callaway balls. I FINALLY have a sleeve of each the Tour i (s) and Tour i (z) to compare side by side. I putted with both tonight and while the s is definitely a lot softer I wouldn't call the z a rock by any means. Putting both through the motions to see what works best for me, I'm looking forward to the testing.

Good luck with the testing man. The i(s) is a bada%$ ball man that I could game any day of the week.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Callaway balls P4B. I did a similar side-by-side test of the i(s) and i(z) so I know it can be difficult because both balls are outstanding.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Callaway balls P4B. I did a similar side-by-side test of the i(s) and i(z) so I know it can be difficult because both balls are outstanding.
I read your thoughts on the balls with great interest. You came away preferring the softness of the i(s) right? I have a feeling that's the direction I'll be leaning but after putting the i(z) some tonight I expected it to be harder feeling than it was so we'll have to see. I'll definitely post my findings.

I do prefer the i(s), mostly because of the great feel off the putter and wedges. Both are very long, with the slight edge going to the i(z), but I was willing to sacrifice the small difference in distance for more greenside control with the i(s).

I think having the staffbag would.be a great conversation piece at home and on the course. Except for the golfers who only think low handicaps should carry them. I'm going to rep it anytime I go out unless I walk. That's the plan. It'd be cool if they offered a second bag but no.worries.

Id love to tell everyone about the MC, THP, Reunion, TM and Callaway. I'm a talker anyway :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back