The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to change the subject, but the Women's US Open is on NBC and it's very compelling. Very tough course and a lot of golfers are in it.

We have a thread on that....Lets keep this to the Morgan Cup.

Can't please them all, Kevi. Im hoping for good things for all of you. With a Hacker victory to sweeten the deal, of course.

Posted via Tapatalk

I understand, but secretly hoped you had a soft spot for a broken down old man who won't stand a chance in the heat against the young bombers.

Kevin

This thread was eerily quiet for an hour. Wonder what's up with that. :D

Kevin - glad to see you are getting all the good swings out of your system prior to the MC! :devil:

Chill buddy. I just joined the site and haven't really meet many people on here except having a small talk session with One-T which was the first reason why i chose Team Paradise, but UNC fans always stick together. The site is great and the personalities on here seem to be great and everyone seems to be knowledgeable about the game of golf. I'm use to playing golf with family who isn't as good at the game as myself and not as knowledgeable so it's nice to find a site like this.

I am a unc fan buddy....don't let those hacker fools talk you into supporting them

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

We have a thread about it. Don't try to fix the damage you've done by talking about something unrelated to the MC.

Posted via Tapatalk
I'm not trying to fix anything. I was just having some fun, like a lot of other folks. If you can't handle it that's your problem I just thought a lot of folks read this thread and might be interested in some good golf. Good grief.

This thread was eerily quiet for an hour. Wonder what's up with that. :D

It was waiting for me to get home from the golf course, where I was, well, you know. Playing golf.

Kevin - glad to see you are getting all the good swings out of your system prior to the MC! :devil:

You're right. At my age you only have so many, so I'm sure I used them up.

Kevin

I'm not trying to fix anything. I was just having some fun, like a lot of other folks. If you can't handle it that's your problem I just thought a lot of folks read this thread and might be interested in some good golf. Good grief.

Hehe. And I thought it was the Hackers were supposed to be wound tight.

Posted via Tapatalk

That's some good playing Kevin. Looking forward to seeing your game in a few weeks.

Hmmm...., and how did that work out for you Esox, you handsome devil?

Second round of the husband/wife tournament at our club.

35-37 for a one over par 72. 4 birdies, 3 bogeys, 1 double bogey. These TM wedges are making me laugh they are so easy to hit close. Today I hit two to 3 feet or so to make birdies, (one of those I hit the R11 over the corner trees on a dogleg that is the #5 handicap hole on the course), another to 10 feet for another birdie, one from 40 yards after having to punch out of the trees to 4 feet to save par, and chipped with the 58-09 from little short sided lies to less than 18" three times. 28 putts with the Corza Ghost, and that includes one three putt on a par 3 for bogey.

My wife and I went from tied for last place to third. Not a great day, but I'm old and don't have much game, so sometimes I have to settle.

Let's play some damn golf.

Kevin

Nice Comeback in the husband/wife tourney Esox.

That's a great round Kevin. It's nice to see the Team Paradise senior rep doing so well. :)

I went to play golf and this thread had like 15 more pages.

Welcome to the team Spank. Glad to have you my friend!

I didn't play great today but I didn't play terrible. The wind out there today was CRAZY. It was at least 18MPH with gusts of 25-30. I had 4 penalty shots today, and I lost a ball 5' off the fairway. (that is irritating) Ended up with an 81, I was +5 after 4 holes, so only +4 on the other 14, so I am not overly happy with that, but I have a tough time in the wind. On #18 (560y downhill par 5), I hammered a driver, then hammered a 3w, and I still had 120y left. The wind was nuts.

I only had 31 putts today, that is shaping up nicely, I am loving the new grip and new stroke. Another thing was my 3/4 "under the wind" wedge shots. They got me in close 4-5 times and I managed to sneak out 3 birdies.

The score wasn't great but I am happy with the putting. Short game is coming around nicely and the new TM wedges are feeling wonderful.

Not bad with all those penalty shots belbin. I too hate losing balls when I know they're in play. Hope it's not windy in FL in August. :devil:

I didn't play great today but I didn't play terrible. The wind out there today was CRAZY. It was at least 18MPH with gusts of 25-30. I had 4 penalty shots today, and I lost a ball 5' off the fairway. (that is irritating) Ended up with an 81, I was +5 after 4 holes, so only +4 on the other 14, so I am not overly happy with that, but I have a tough time in the wind. On #18 (560y downhill par 5), I hammered a driver, then hammered a 3w, and I still had 120y left. The wind was nuts.

I only had 31 putts today, that is shaping up nicely, I am loving the new grip and new stroke. Another thing was my 3/4 "under the wind" wedge shots. They got me in close 4-5 times and I managed to sneak out 3 birdies.

The score wasn't great but I am happy with the putting. Short game is coming around nicely and the new TM wedges are feeling wonderful.

While the Hackers are practicing this morning, Hairy Dolphin pops in here for a very brief appearance and asks CB for ball advice and says NOTHING regarding any banter while he posts in another thread that he is watching the womens soccer game. So, you really want to talk about who is prepared for this???

Well that is probably Team Paradise's problem - there is only one Biggsy and he can only do so much for his team. Please explain to me how a Team Paradise member comes into this thread with TONS of active banter going on and all he does is asks someone from another team about a ball recommendation? He completely ignores all the banter and says in another thread that he is busy watching women's soccer. Really?? You have got to be kidding me. If I was TP captain, his man card would be revoked until he proves that he is in this for the win.

I know...it's all good. Figured as much since they are both playing TM for the MC. I would hope that he would hop in here and speak for himself but he only appears when he needs help with equipment questions. :D

mcook,
Did I kick your dog or something man? What's up with all of the attacks on me? You don't have anything better to do than take shots at members on Team Paradise, instead of actually saying something supportive for the team that you are supposedly behind in the Morgan Cup?

I shouldn't have to do this, but here you go: I watched the USA vs. Brazil Women's World Cup match because I'm an avid soccer fan, and got to witness one of the most dramatic sporting events in the past few years. Should I call you unpatriotic for making fun of me for watching that game? Also, why didn't I respond earlier this afternoon? It's because I met up with some relatives that were visiting Boston this weekend, and spent the afternoon downtown with them. I just got home from that and caught up on this thread and saw all of the nonsense that you spit out. Also, you're asking me who is prepared? I played golf on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week, and I'm headed out to the range later this afternoon. I'm going to be well prepared for the Morgan Cup, don't worry about it.

So that's me in a nutshell....supporter of the USA, family man, and dedicated to my golf game and my team for the Morgan Cup. Got any other questions?

I shouldn't have to do this, but here you go: I watched the USA vs. Brazil Women's World Cup match because I'm an avid soccer fan, and got to witness one of the most dramatic sporting events in the past few years.

HAHAHAHAHHAH!

That is hysterical.

Hmmm...., and how did that work out for you Esox, you handsome devil?

Second round of the husband/wife tournament at our club.

35-37 for a one over par 72. 4 birdies, 3 bogeys, 1 double bogey. These TM wedges are making me laugh they are so easy to hit close. Today I hit two to 3 feet or so to make birdies, (one of those I hit the R11 over the corner trees on a dogleg that is the #5 handicap hole on the course), another to 10 feet for another birdie, one from 40 yards after having to punch out of the trees to 4 feet to save par, and chipped with the 58-09 from little short sided lies to less than 18" three times. 28 putts with the Corza Ghost, and that includes one three putt on a par 3 for bogey.

My wife and I went from tied for last place to third. Not a great day, but I'm old and don't have much game, so sometimes I have to settle.

Let's play some damn golf.

Kevin

Great round Kevin! Your game is coming around nicely, can't wait to see it in person in August.

belbin, nice work with the flatstick. The round may have been a little frustrating, but getting experience in windy conditions will be very valuable for what we're going to experience in Orlando.

You shouldnt assume things.
I dont think any explanation is needed.

So you don't need an explanation of why the front page of ESPN.com, SI.com, CBSSports.com, and Yahoo Sports all have that game as the top story of the day? Huge event, and an amazing finish. Sorry that you don't see it that way.

So you don't need an explanation of why the front page of ESPN.com, SI.com, CBSSports.com, and Yahoo Sports all have that game as the top story of the day? Huge event, and an amazing finish. Sorry that you don't see it that way.

No, I dont think I need an explanation on why I find something funny. Personally I found it freaking hysterical.
Nor do I care what other websites publish.
And no offense, making the top story on a website in the middle of July is hardly making something the most dramatic sports event in a few years.
Glad you enjoyed it, but I found that statement funny. Apparently I am not allowed to feel that way.

mcook,
Did I kick your dog or something man? What's up with all of the attacks on me? You don't have anything better to do than take shots at members on Team Paradise, instead of actually saying something supportive for the team that you are supposedly behind in the Morgan Cup?

I shouldn't have to do this, but here you go: I watched the USA vs. Brazil Women's World Cup match because I'm an avid soccer fan, and got to witness one of the most dramatic sporting events in the past few years. Should I call you unpatriotic for making fun of me for watching that game? Also, why didn't I respond earlier this afternoon? It's because I met up with some relatives that were visiting Boston this weekend, and spent the afternoon downtown with them. I just got home from that and caught up on this thread and saw all of the nonsense that you spit out. Also, you're asking me who is prepared? I played golf on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week, and I'm headed out to the range later this afternoon. I'm going to be well prepared for the Morgan Cup, don't worry about it.

So that's me in a nutshell....supporter of the USA, family man, and dedicated to my golf game and my team for the Morgan Cup. Got any other questions?

Wow....some folks take the interney WAY too serious. I got you riled up so I am doing my job as a Team Hackers supporter. Others laughed at some of the comments and saw them for what they were. I will move onto someone else who can take some good natured ribbing. Good luck in your practice this week...you will need it come August. :act-up:

You shouldnt assume things.
I dont think any explanation is needed.

Some people just don't get the beautiful game ary. Don't worry about them, their loss.

Thanks for the encouragement on the game today. I hit a crazy high ball, especially with the driver, so the wind really affects me. Re-Learning the 3/4 (from when I was a kid) knockdown shot will be invaluable in the MC I am sure of it.

It was a good game with an exciting finish, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back