The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Wow. Didn't even get a shot off. Tough

That last Houston possession was a dumpster fire. Harden should have never given the ball up and gone to the basket.

That last Houston possession was a dumpster fire. Harden should have never given the ball up and gone to the basket.

He had to think he had more time than he really did

JFC... Gotta get a shot up

How in the world do you not at least get s shot off!!??!! That pass back by Howard has to go to someone else knowing Harden has two guys on him...

Crazy thing is that I just looked at Harden's line for tonight: 38 points, 10 boards, 9 assists. And he's not going to be remembered in this game for anything except for the last play.

Crazy finish. Go Dubs!

6 more games and the Dubs are champs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope we dont see this all night:

LeBron_James_is_hijacking_Clevelands-dea458aebef4b403e25373dbad8f6657

You would hate to have to root for Rajon Rondo then. Its his go to move, other than he uses more clock and complains even more.

Drives me crazy, heres some stats to back up how bad the isolation has been

While it's encouraging that James is aware that he played one-on-one too much, this wasn't a one-game problem. According to NBA.com/Stats, James is leading all players in isolations in the playoffs. He has a league-high 102 isolation possessions, eight more than the second-closest player, James Harden, and 58 more than the third-closest player, Jamal Crawford. Nearly one-third (32%) of James' possessions have been isolations.
And LeBron hasn't been efficient in these plays. He's averaging just 0.77 points per possession on isolations, ranking him in the 19th percentile of all players. His field-goal percentage is down to 33%, and his effective-field-goal percentage, which weights three-pointers versus two-pointers, is 34.5%.
Another indication that James is going one-on-one too often is the number of dribbles he's taking before a shot. According to NBA.com/Stats, 30% of LeBron's shots come after seven or more dribbles

Its terrible. Team defense changes the game. Westbrook is another guy that does it. In this fantasy age he gets praised as the best ever (generalization), but until he decides to move the ball and move without the ball, he wont win.

I know part of it is no love and no Irving but at some point ya gotta notice it ain't working. It also helps that deladova is the only other pg basically on the roster which is crazy cause he's not quick enough off the dribble to do anything.

Isolation is generally never the answer. For players with more than 100 isolation possessions this year, only 5 players (Kyrie, Jarrett Jack, Jamal Crowford, Rose, Harden) average more than 1 point per isolation possession with Kyrie leading the way at 1.09 ppp. The NBA average for points per possession on all possessions is just over 1.03 ppp. Hero ball is fun though.

Last edited:
Im.sure this was discussed. But what the hell happen to Dwight howard. Why did he not drive the lane on that last play. His time in LA really screwed him up.

Im.sure this was discussed. But what the hell happen to Dwight howard. Why did he not drive the lane on that last play. His time in LA really screwed him up.

Lol. Dwight has been killing it this postseason. I'm sure Harden wanted to have the ball in his hands, although he didn't get a shot up, unfortunately. Also, I wouldn't want to count on Dwight making at least 1 free throw to possibly keep the game alive.

I don't want Dwight anywhere near a game-deciding shot.

Lol. Dwight has been killing it this postseason. I'm sure Harden wanted to have the ball in his hands, although he didn't get a shot up, unfortunately. Also, I wouldn't want to count on Dwight making at least 1 free throw to possibly keep the game alive.

I don't want Dwight anywhere near a game-deciding shot.
Ok boys. He had an open lane vs a double Harden. GS never left their man. They dare Dwight to take it. He is soft but should have driven the lane. It's sad to see, he should have seized that moment.

I disagree. GS would not have given him a basket as the lane would have closed up fast (as Iggy and Draymond would have been right at the basket) and if the refs swallow their whistle, Dwight is screwed. There is no other player on the team I want having the ball in that situation except for Harden. Especially considering the kind of game he was having.

Big game for O.G. too since he bet me hawks would win in 5. Not sure cleveland has lost 4 in a row with lebron ever

Big game for O.G. too since he bet me hawks would win in 5. Not sure cleveland has lost 4 in a row with lebron ever

You're going to the woodshed tonight bruther! :bomb:

You're going to the woodshed tonight bruther! :bomb:
Hoping for another good one...just as long as it has the same result as game 1

Could be worse. He could have selected the Heat and Timberwolves in a bet and then not fulfill. I kid I kid...:bulgy-eyes:

Could be worse. He could have selected the Heat and Timberwolves in a bet and then not fulfill. I kid I kid...:bulgy-eyes:
Pow Pow. This is true, I picked Kyle Korver as player of the year

Back