The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson wants to stay on the good side of management with his contract coming up soon. Can't blame him.

Interesting talk about M. Lynch not being with Seattle much longer. The talk of him not speaking to the coach or GM anymore. Does not have a relationship with Wilson. And was quite upset about the Harvin thing.

They already gave him more guaranteed money this year after his holdout. It makes it easier for them to cut him after this year, it's only $1.5 million in dead money if they do that. He was rumored to be gone after this year back in the preseason after the contact adjustment. Plus the Seahawks are going to lose some guys because Wilson's next contract will likely be $17-20 million per year. Like anything in the NFL, follow the money to see where a guy stands on a roster.

They already gave him more guaranteed money this year after his holdout. It makes it easier for them to cut him after this year, it's only $1.5 million in dead money if they do that. He was rumored to be gone after this year back in the preseason after the contact adjustment. Plus the Seahawks are going to lose some guys because Wilson's next contract will likely be $17-20 million per year. Like anything in the NFL, follow the money to see where a guy stands on a roster.

Teams are completely capable of having both high priced QB and RB in the NFL if contract is structured properly. If Lynch was "on board" I am not sure this happens. You are going to see more teams make decisions based on their perception of character than ever before.

Teams are completely capable of having both high priced QB and RB in the NFL if contract is structured properly. If Lynch was "on board" I am not sure this happens. You are going to see more teams make decisions based on their perception of character than ever before.

Even if Lynch was a model citizen, can't see them keeping him long term when he's approaching 30 years old, the cap hit on releasing him is manageable, and they have 2 young RBs waiting in the wings to get their shot at being a lead back. Plus the Seahawks already have long-term commitments with big money to guys on defense like Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman that have to be accounted for as well.

Even if Lynch was a model citizen, can't see them keeping him long term when he's approaching 30 years old, the cap hit on releasing him is manageable, and they have 2 young RBs waiting in the wings to get their shot at being a lead back. Plus the Seahawks already have long-term commitments with big money to guys on defense like Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman that have to be accounted for as well.

Like I said, it can be done. See Chicago. See KC.

Blast me all you want, but in that dress the first thing I thought was, "that chic is looking for a football player later." Also, do you think it's cold there?

The reality is that RBs have become borderline disposable commodities in the NFL, and quarterbacks are more valuable than ever.

The reality is that RBs have become borderline disposable commodities in the NFL, and quarterbacks are more valuable than ever.

You got that right. They will look more at the tangible numbers than ever and I expect Seattle to draft a RB fairly early this coming draft (NFL Network said the same thing this morning). Character will be a big deal moving forward for skill players.

Blast me all you want, but in that dress the first thing I thought was, "that chic is looking for a football player later."

My girlfriend said the EXACT same thing.

GG, your edit to that post is just wrong. :D

My girlfriend said the EXACT same thing.

Haha, I like your girlfriend. Listen, more power to her, her body was amazing, if I looked like that I would probably wear that dress everywhere. Just seemed like an interesting choice for the occasion.

GG, your edit to that post is just wrong. :D

What? I saw a lot of jackets. :angel:

You got that right. They will look more at the tangible numbers than ever and I expect Seattle to draft a RB fairly early this coming draft (NFL Network said the same thing this morning). Character will be a big deal moving forward for skill players.
Aside from Frank Gore, I am having trouble coming up with any RB who has been really good for more than about 5 years since around 2000.

Aside from Frank Gore, I am having trouble coming up with any RB who has been really good for more than about 5 years since around 2000.
Tomlinson

Sadly that is a lot of positions in the NFL, but I think its more than you think.
Forte
S. Jackson
Lynch
A. Peterson
And another of others.

tomlinson and Peterson are the only two I can think of.

There are others too that people are forgetting.
MJD is another one.

Blast me all you want, but in that dress the first thing I thought was, "that chic is looking for a football player later." Also, do you think it's cold there?

That was my reaction as well. Didn't fit seeing ones national anthem. 60 degrees isn't to chilly. Maybe she accidentally hit the freezer on the way out to the field.

Another slow start by the Lions and their defense looks off again.

Another slow start by the Lions and their defense looks off again.

But, Stafford doesn't have any weapons! He simply can't do everything himself! :alien:

They keeping digging a hole today, they aren't gonna climb back out.

However the supposedly #1 defense is making Ryan look like P. Manning. The Falcons team that has lost 4 straight is looking like a winner early. Going to need a big comeback again to stay leaders in the division.

Did the Falcon's draw TB again this week?!?! Starting to remind me of a few weeks ago.

So how long until they push a team to move to London??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So how long until they push a team to move to London??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Falcons keep this up and I am in favor of moving them.

Julio Jones got raped on that throw.

None of the Falcons wanted anything to do with tackling on that interception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back