The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone call BS to Lynch's stomach flu. It looked to me he missed the first quarter to discipline

Wow Lynch, wow.

Go beast mode!!!!!

#BEASTMODE

beastmooode.0.gif

Anyone call BS to Lynch's stomach flu. It looked to me he missed the first quarter to discipline
Agree. Plus pete wants to prove a point they can run it without him.

Lynch is so awesome late in games when everyone else is tired. Sherman haters rejoice, gets another one

Reports out of Niner HQ say Harbaugh is gone with in 48 hr after next weeks game

Reports are that the Browns are interested in drafting Marcus Mariota.

Where are they reporting that?
I don't think it's "report" so much as "speculation". Even if they thought Manziel wasn't there guy, they'd have to offer way too much to get into place to draft him.

Great "report":

Browns general manager Ray Farmer has repeatedly said that he'll always explore every option at all positions

Guess they are making a run at every top player in the draft

Great "report":

Browns general manager Ray Farmer has repeatedly said that he'll always explore every option at all positions

Nailed it.
Reports are they are interested in drafting Kyle Orton too.
Ya know, based on that line from the GM.
Maybe sprinkle in a little Philly V as well in the middle rounds.

Great "report":

I'm not saying the report was any good, just putting the "report" out there.

I got stuck shopping yesterday so I wasn't able to banter on here about the Colts game (if you want to call it that). But wow, I'm sure Nate was pumped, congrats to the Cowboys on winning the division, they have a solid shot at a deep playoff push. Colts on the other hand continually regress this year, playcalling was awful yesterday, they had a whopping 3 feet of rushing yesterday, and they can't continually rely on Luck to carry the team. They have a lot of work to do and they will be lucky to make it past the first round of the playoffs. I've read some reports that the Colts were probably just trying to take it easy and not get any more injuries and that they rested most of the O-line and Hilton blah blah blah, but their effort was just pitiful even without those guys. They deserve much of the criticism they are receiving. Last year the Colts beat Denver, Seattle, and the 49ers...all good playoff teams, and this year they haven't beaten a single decent playoff contender. I would say they have regressed as a team this year even though they have improved on talent. I'm not saying replace the coaching staff but I'm saying what they are trying to do isn't working so they need to devise a different game plan. They have the right staff to do it.

I got stuck shopping yesterday so I wasn't able to banter on here about the Colts game (if you want to call it that). But wow, I'm sure Nate was pumped, congrats to the Cowboys on winning the division, they have a solid shot at a deep playoff push. Colts on the other hand continually regress this year, playcalling was awful yesterday, they had a whopping 3 feet of rushing yesterday, and they can't continually rely on Luck to carry the team. They have a lot of work to do and they will be lucky to make it past the first round of the playoffs. I've read some reports that the Colts were probably just trying to take it easy and not get any more injuries and that they rested most of the O-line and Hilton blah blah blah, but their effort was just pitiful even without those guys. They deserve much of the criticism they are receiving. Last year the Colts beat Denver, Seattle, and the 49ers...all good playoff teams, and this year they haven't beaten a single decent playoff contender. I would say they have regressed as a team this year even though they have improved on talent. I'm not saying replace the coaching staff but I'm saying what they are trying to do isn't working so they need to devise a different game plan. They have the right staff to do it.
They have got to do something and address their running game. It is awful and allowing defenses to key in on Luck alone. I fear what Luck might look like with a serviceable RB...doesn't even have to be a top 10 RB! TY being out hurt as well. I felt like this was a winnable game but didn't expect the Colts to look like that even with some key guys out. Always been a Luck fan and hope they get him some help soon.

RB problems aside, it makes me feel better to believe they played soft so they can be healthy going into post season.
Division in hand, why even play the starting 11? I'd have let them play the practice squad.

They have got to do something and address their running game. It is awful and allowing defenses to key in on Luck alone. I fear what Luck might look like with a serviceable RB...doesn't even have to be a top 10 RB! TY being out hurt as well. I felt like this was a winnable game but didn't expect the Colts to look like that even with some key guys out. Always been a Luck fan and hope they get him some help soon.

Oline is bigger issue than RB for them, because as you have seen, most servicable RBs look like superstars behind an amazing OLine.

Oline is bigger issue than RB for them, because as you have seen, most servicable RBs look like superstars behind an amazing OLine.

THIS! THIS! THIS!

The offensive line is absolutely a joke outside of LT.

Agree with the O-line assessment. I saw going into this game that they would be playing their 9th different starting line up on the O-line. Cant get continuity and chemistry with that. I also think Luck would be nearly unstoppable with a decent O-line and RB. In the last few games they have run the ball less than 10 times. Last week they ran it 3 times I think in the first half. How do you develop a play-action threat when you don't even try to run, DB's just sit back in coverage which makes it harder on Luck.

Agree with the O-line assessment. I saw going into this game that they would be playing their 9th different starting line up on the O-line. Cant get continuity and chemistry with that. I also think Luck would be nearly unstoppable with a decent O-line and RB. In the last few games they have run the ball less than 10 times. Last week they ran it 3 times I think in the first half. How do you develop a play-action threat when you don't even try to run, DB's just sit back in coverage which makes it harder on Luck.

Agreed, Luck would be alot better. Majority of his stupid turnovers are when he is big time under pressure. Granted, I wish he would take the sack more often, but things are alot easier with a better o-line.

I really really hope their #1 off season priority is offensive line help. It has to get better and better quick.

Oh and... can we trade Pagano for Arians?

A good oline does help, no argument there! Signed Tony Romo

Romo didn't choke in that last game. I know people were just waiting for another December meltdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back