The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So pumped for Giants football to be back! I know it is only Pre season but it has been a LONG off season. I am interested to see what the offense will look like it has been 10 years of the same offense.

So pumped for Giants football to be back! I know it is only Pre season but it has been a LONG off season. I am interested to see what the offense will look like it has been 10 years of the same offense.
As long as it isn't...1st & 10: run right for 1 yard; 2nd & 9: shotgun draw for 2 yards; 3rd & 7: incomplete bomb 40 yards down the field....PUNT.

As long as it isn't...1st & 10: run right for 1 yard; 2nd & 9: shotgun draw for 2 yards; 3rd & 7: incomplete bomb 40 yards down the field....PUNT.
Haha dude exactly. It can't be worse than that though.

Jennings is gonna be great for this offense dude can do it all and most importantly pass block.

Excited to see what happens tonight for a 3 sides of the ball.

Opened the Washington Post Sports section and saw this.....

8egeheby.jpg

This is so typical of sports here all you can do is laugh......

Opened the Washington Post Sports section and saw this.....

8egeheby.jpg

This is so typical of sports here all you can do is laugh......
I see no value in either honestly.....but clearly if I were to chose I think Eli gets the nod

I see no value in either honestly.....but clearly if I were to chose I think Eli gets the nod
They are putting a fantasy spin on it of course

The map is just lazy. Patriots might be most hated in So Fla by the Dolphins but I imagine the Bucs and Jags are ambivalent towards New England. Most hated team in Jags territory is Tennessee. I'd guess the Bucs hate New Orleans more.

Anything south of Orlando is going to have the hatred towards New England. The Bucs and Jags are still small time in this entire state compared to the NY teams. That changes as generations pass and the kids stay for a myriad of reasons however, but in the highly populated areas, NE is still the team most disliked and its not really from the local teams.

Nobody hates the Chargers!
I hate the Chargers with their powder blues and 80 degrees and no rain EVER...so there.

Anything south of Orlando is going to have the hatred towards New England. The Bucs and Jags are still small time in this entire state compared to the NY teams. That changes as generations pass and the kids stay for a myriad of reasons however, but in the highly populated areas, NE is still the team most disliked and its not really from the local teams.

Yes. Very transient. When I lived in west palm for college it was easier to get a Jets or Redskins game on tv than any Florida team, including the Dolphins.

I have a feeling we are watching two not so good teams right now.

I have a feeling we are watching two not so good teams right now.

I say this every year but I really think the Bills will be better than expected this year. Ask me again after week 6 and I will be wondering why I am still a fan if history repeats itself though

I say this every year but I really think the Bills will be better than expected this year. Ask me again after week 6 and I will be wondering why I am still a fan if history repeats itself though

I dunno, EJ is looking rough.

I wont judge him just yet I have seen certain things I like out of him but some things that just look awful. I think he needs a fair shake though.

He got multiple years of fair shakes at FSU and never lived up to expectations and always gave at least a couple of crap performances that killed the season. I've seen nothing to change my opinion of him in the nfl. A tease.

I want to see the guaranteed money and years on this deal, but the initial headline is startling:

thats some coin for 0 playoff wins

Saw some good things last night from the Giants and the new offense a lot of things can be better obviously but for the first Pre season game I am pleased. Defense really looked a lot better especially stopping the run and also getting hands up to deflect and tip passes.

I dont get the Steelers in Arizona/New Mexico area either.

Probably due to all the transplanted Ohioans living out there.

Ive been following along the Colts training camp and reading up on their forum and it sounds like the injury bug is hitting them early and often AGAIN this year. Already some starters and key players out for the year. Not looking good again for their O-line which they worked on building up this offseason. Another year of Luck running for his life and running backs getting stuffed at the line.

Tony Romo disagrees with your thoughts. :D
Will be interesting to see the structure of the deal when the details are released that's for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back