The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Our local sport talk station had an NFL insider / reporter on the program last night (can't remember his name, but a known guy that everyone here would recognize). Of Collins, he said something like "I cannot repeat what I am hearing from around the league but it is not good. I am not surprised at all he went undrafted. There are reasons."

Da Boys are the ultimate we DGAF what you did off the field team

Let me add this nugget for Sh#@'s and Giggles. Do you go after AD/AP now? Would you be willing to now part with your 16/17 1st rounder for him?

Calvin Hill will be very busy over the next few years.

Hope they got him on retainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me add this nugget for Sh#@'s and Giggles. Do you go after AD/AP now? Would you be willing to now part with your 16/17 1st rounder for him?

I think they'd love to go after him, I just don't think they can GET him.

I'm not at that point yet.

Huge get for Collins. So long as he is cleared of any wrong-doing, this isn't even a rehab project. Kid has always been clean off the field and a great teammate.

Dallas god a 1st round talent for next to nothing.

However, it will be interesting in 2 years when Collins, Martin, and Frederick all need new contracts. Yikes.

Think I agree with all those comments about AD. I think the Cowboys hold firm and let AD continue to piss the people in MINN off. But I wouldn't give up any 1st round picks for him now.

Think I agree with all those comments about AD. I think the Cowboys hold firm and let AD continue to piss the people in MINN off. But I wouldn't give up any 1st round picks for him now.

we agree about that.

The local radio host is reading from the players agreement that any player who doesn't comply with a league investigation can be punished for conduct detrimental to the league. Polian also said more probable than not is the leagues standard of proof for discipline.

Mike Greenberg summed it up best.

I don't think so. Considering how talented the OL is they can actually afford to go with a less proven runner and still get great results.

Don't think I've seen Red smile this big in a long long time.

Collins_zpsnlvxvlxa.jpg

It's neat listening to the local media talk about just how ecstatic the Cowboys are to get Collins. Now I'm anxious to learn which RB will be getting most of the carries behind a VERY good offensive line.

Its a really interesting test case because of his off the field stuff.
Its clear some teams/fans care about it more than others and I dont really have an opinion on that. But its a very polarizing signing.
FWIW, I think Dallas is in it to win this year and if it does not happen, I believe some major changes take place.

I haven't read up yet on all the off field issues except with the questioning of him about the death of an ex girlfriend that was pregnant (he's not the father as I understand it).

From a pure football perspective, sounds like he was a STEAL for what the Cowboys paid. But obviously there was enough concern for him not to get drafted by anyone.

I haven't read up yet on all the off field issues except with the questioning of him about the death of an ex girlfriend that was pregnant (he's not the father as I understand it).

From a pure football perspective, sounds like he was a STEAL for what the Cowboys paid. But obviously there was enough concern for him not to get drafted by anyone.

From pure football it was absolutely a steal. First round talent by some goes by the wayside for 7 rounds. That says something about character, not sure what and time will tell.

It really comes down to chances. Some teams take chances on character to win, other teams play it safe. To give you an example, if Mike Vick signed with Dallas right after coming out of prison, you might have had different thoughts to the crime, although there was no question, he had the talent to still play in this league at the time. Because you personally hold that crime kind of close to the heart.

From everything I have heard hes not even a suspect in the crime. So from a purely football talent perspective, I think this is an awesome pickup with possible big reward and very little risk. He was a 1st round talent and they are paying him 4th round money and didn't give up a pick to get him.

That is huge value

From everything I have heard hes not even a suspect in the crime. So from a purely football talent perspective, I think this is an awesome pickup with possible big reward and very little risk. He was a 1st round talent and they are paying him 4th round money and didn't give up a pick to get him.

That is huge value

Yea, I'm not understanding the character doubts about Collins. A friend of his who he was very personal with was murdered. He was brought in for questioning to rule him out. He was ruled out. Terrible timing cause it cost him a lot of $$$$ not being drafted in the 1st. People love to jump to conclusions without all the facts. All 32 teams reached out to him to try and sign him. Doesn't seem like too much of a character issue to me.

If the line can stay healthy I will go out on the line and say McFadden if healthy has his best year as a pro.
His line sucked before.

honestly, I have less of a problem with him than I do with Hardy. However that could change with the investigation. From the little I have read, he isn't a suspect, but there are some dark clouds surrounding him.

honestly, I have less of a problem with him than I do with Hardy. However that could change with the investigation. From the little I have read, he isn't a suspect, but there are some dark clouds surrounding him.
This is really well said and I agree. There are some dark clouds right now and the Hardy thing is just awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back