The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahahah so topical...bunch of idiots.

0854f9a21279259e4366021e52080552.jpg

He's just trying to feed his family, Dev. Give him a break. How can we expect him to service on $12m next year?

He's just trying to feed his family, Dev. Give him a break. How can we expect him to service on $12m next year?
Probably because 11.9 million a year is wasted just like the rest of them. Makes me pretty dumbfounded to think about it honestly.

Probably because 11.9 million a year is wasted just like the rest of them. Makes me pretty dumbfounded to think about it honestly.

There has to be a good financial planner in the DFW area that can help Dez put together a budget and maybe invest him into some good mutual funds. There has to be.

Haha ohh I'm sure that financial planner would love to help too. But the cars clothes jewels and homies come first

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Maybe he could borrow some money from 50 Cent. No, wait. Never mind.

Interesting game of poker going on here between the Dallas Cowboys and Dez Bryant. If you would have asked me 2 weeks ago I would have said this deal gets done for sure. Now with 1 day left before the 15th deadline, Dez has made it clear that he will sit out if nothing is done.

Couple of things of interest here. From all accounts it's been made clear that Dez is just about broke from his original contract. He likes to buy things and he's self admitted that. He has an entourage/family that he takes care of, probably more than he should. Dez's troubles seem to occur when he comes into that money and the Cowboys are worried about that.

Another thing, personally I think this contract talk with Dez has made it pretty clear who is running the show right now. Stephen Jones. Jerry would have pulled the trigger on a new contract weeks ago. Stephen plays to a different drum and you can tell that with the interviews he does. I like this transition if indeed it's happening.

So who holds the Ace? Dez is broke. Romo has a 3 year window if healthy. Who has the upper hand here? Crazy 24 hours coming up.

Dez and Cowboys putting finishing touches on a 5 year contract

Dez contract done. 5 years, 70 million with 45 guaranteed.

And the other 25 million due next March.... I really hope he isn't broke before then

Damn, I guess holding out worked. Glad this is resolved regardless - Cowboys need him on the field.

That is a lot of money...

Now DT is done... A lot of $$$ being thrown around

The Broncos have agreed to a five-year, $70 million deal with wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, according to ESPN. His contract calls for $43.5 million guaranteed.

Those NFLPA hints at collusion are even more interesting to me now that the deals for DT and DB are signed. What are the odds both players would sign 5yr/70M contacts with virtually the same amount guaranteed?

53ea0cfb0e1402196b65785bee987ba1.jpg

Chiefs signed Justin Houston to a new contract today. Six years, $101 million, $52.5 million guaranteed. Effing nuts! Richest deal in Chiefs history and also the biggest for a linebacker in the NFL, period.

He's the guy who fell a sack short of breaking Strahan's single season sack record last year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13260695/kansas-city-chiefs-sign-justin-houston-landmark-deal

It's a lot of money, I'm surprised the Chiefs even put of all of that cash to do the deal. I'm not sure if this is a good thing (since we kept him) or bad thing (money to sign other player/needs).

My Vikings will be a playoff team this year. Our young defense is being built exactly how the seahawks did it. In fact the team kind of reminds me of the12' seahawks team right before they went on their run.

Man that's ballsy (no pun intended)

YESSSSSSSSSSS!

Also, statement from the NFL via Adam Schefter's Facebook page:

Regarding NFL decision to uphold Brady suspension, here is league statement:
In the opinion informing Brady that his appeal had been denied, Commissioner Goodell emphasized important new information disclosed by Brady and his representatives in connection with the hearing.
On or shortly before March 6, the day that Tom Brady met with independent investigator Ted Wells and his colleagues, Brady directed that the cell phone he had used for the prior four months be destroyed. He did so even though he was aware that the investigators had requested access to text messages and other electronic information that had been stored on that phone. During the four months that the cell phone was in use, Brady had exchanged nearly 10,000 text messages, none of which can now be retrieved from that device. The destruction of the cell phone was not disclosed until June 18, almost four months after the investigators had first sought electronic information from Brady.
Based on the Wells Report and the evidence presented at the hearing, Commissioner Goodell concluded in his decision that Brady was aware of, and took steps to support, the actions of other team employees to deflate game footballs below the levels called for by the NFL's Official Playing Rules. The commissioner found that Brady’s deliberate destruction of potentially relevant evidence went beyond a mere failure to cooperate in the investigation and supported a finding that he had sought to hide evidence of his own participation in the underlying scheme to alter the footballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back