The Official 2021 NFL Thread

Didn’t watch the second half, but I see Aaron Donald is still choking folks and not getting penalized. That’s fun.

Edit: he did get penalized, that’s what I get for going to bed early!

Last edited:
I have no idea how he wasn't ejected for that.
He was fined $10K for his choking incident in the Packers game. Assume it’ll be $15-$25K for this one, which is pretty much meaningless. Can’t look at the opponents sideline without a taunting penalty, but they let this slide… also appears Akers avoided a taunting call despite telling a KO’d opponent to stay down. Keep it consistent, NFL 🤦‍♂️

He was fined $10K for his choking incident in the Packers game. Assume it’ll be $15-$25K for this one, which is pretty much meaningless. Can’t look at the opponents sideline without a taunting penalty, but they let this slide… also appears Akers avoided a taunting call despite telling a KO’d opponent to stay down. Keep it consistent, NFL 🤦‍♂️
To be fair, there was a penalty.

For Akers or Donald? Either way, good.
Donald.
Akers I am not sure how you can penalize that. The tackler lowered his helmet to make the hit and got the worst of it and then after he knew of the injury, Akers knelt down and appeared to pray for Baker.

Donald.
Akers I am not sure how you can penalize that. The tackler lowered his helmet to make the hit and got the worst of it and then after he knew of the injury, Akers knelt down and appeared to pray for Baker.
Very good. Between two chokes this year, ripping helmets off, and throwing on a helmet to run onto the field and confront an opponent after a game, the Rams may want to get Donald’s anger under control.
On Akers I meant after the hit but before the kneel. Obviously he didn’t realize the severity at this point, but this seems like a taunt if I’ve ever seen one.
1642517156459.png

Very good. Between two chokes this year, ripping helmets off, and throwing on a helmet to run onto the field and confront an opponent after a game, the Rams may want to get Donald’s anger under control.
On Akers I meant after the hit but before the kneel. Obviously he didn’t realize the severity at this point, but this seems like a taunt if I’ve ever seen one.
View attachment 9060700
I saw that after the replay, there was no way he could have known how bad it was...or maybe he was telling him to stay down? He looked distraught while they were working on him.

View attachment 9060700
It could. I guess you could make the case that he saw someone injured and said stay down as precaution. By the photo, you could say the Cardinals player is doing just as much taunting if you crop it haha. But the ref was right there, I would assume they knew. I actually thought Akers kneeling down for the fallen player and refusing to leave the field before he was helped off, was a decent moment.

This "choke" by Donald was a bit different and I thought both players should have been penalized. The chippy stuff was going on and the retaliation got caught, which is pretty much the norm. He got penalized, team took him out for a series, AZ scored during that series thanks in part to that penalty.

View attachment 9060700

I won't defend Donald because I thought he should have been ejected for his behavior, even though it was started by a Cardinals player, that was still inappropriate to try and choke a guy, but in regards to Akers, when he realized what happened you could see in his eyes and face he was visibly shaken and upset, ran right over to Baker to see if he was ok, and then took a knee.

I won't defend Donald because I thought he should have been ejected for his behavior, even though it was started by a Cardinals player, that was still inappropriate to try and choke a guy, but in regards to Akers, when he realized what happened you could see in his eyes and face he was visibly shaken and upset, ran right over to Baker to see if he was ok, and then took a knee.
I get it and I don’t think the taunt was anything heinous. You saw him immediately stop and turn when he realized the severity. But he taunted before that based on the NFL’s ridiculous rules. Hopefully the new focus on taunting disappears like the PI challenge or the focus on offensive players lowering the helmet to initiate contact.

I get it and I don’t think the taunt was anything heinous. You saw him immediately stop and turn when he realized the severity. But he taunted before that based on the NFL’s ridiculous rules. Hopefully the new focus on taunting disappears like the PI challenge or the focus on offensive players lowering the helmet to initiate contact.

The taunting penalty is BS, that needs to just go away completely.

With Akers it was a quick taunt...like I just ran over you stay down chump. You saw how the Arizona players were trying to get to Akers after. So he must have said something besides the hand gesture. To Akers defense, when he saw Baker was really injured, he looked genuinely concerned.

With Donald, players scrum and get after eachother all the time but Donald took it a step further by trying to choke the guy and rake at his face when the players helmet was off. That is just a dirty play.

The taunting penalty is BS, that needs to just go away completely.
They should be gifted yds for really good taunts. It is entertainment!

Yes I am serious.

They should be gifted yds for really good taunts. It is entertainment!

Yes I am serious.
Could you imagine if the NFL did a contest for the best taunt/celebration of the year and gave the winner like $5 million. It would be awesome. Maybe its just me.

Not a great look.

1642519284485.png

Could you imagine if the NFL did a contest for the best taunt/celebration of the year and gave the winner like $5 million. It would be awesome. Maybe its just me.
I'd be on board for endzone celebrations not taunts lol

Like the entire defense running 80 yards to the opposite end zone to celebrate?

I mean ESPN had to stop Jacked Up segment so it is all a dream

Back