The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At McDonalds by the all girls high school. There is a group eating and I overhear one of them complaining about her parents wanting her to learn to drive. Her argument was ”I don’t need to. Uber is the future”.

I knew absolutely no one in high school back in my day that didn’t want to drive. Man times have changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think it's not so much of a dependence on parents as it is convenience of summoning transportation, and probably not having to pay for it (ok so some dependence on parents).. let then wait until theyre on three own and paying for Uber rides to+from college/work

I had worked with kids and most couldn't wait to drive, but majority also had major impulsivity issues, mood management, and severe ADD, so I was very concerned for their driving ability.. hell even I in high school was full of testosterone and drove too fast, wrapped my car around a telephone pole the night of homecoming... Went senior year without a car, had to take the bus ... Blew my own chance being dumb

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just found a taco bell gift card in some stuff I cleaned out when I turned in my truck. Just checked and it has $15 on it. Score!

Just found a taco bell gift card in some stuff I cleaned out when I turned in my truck. Just checked and it has $15 on it. Score!

Back in the day, that was like a mountain of food, now its like 4 chalupas, but still a huge win.

I got Taco Bell a few months ago thinking “it’s been a while” not a good choice. Lol

Back in the day, that was like a mountain of food, now its like 4 chalupas, but still a huge win.

It's crazy how expensive they have gotten recently, especially the meximelt and I still miss the chili cheese burrito. Not sure why they took that away...at least around here anyway..

More good news they are FINALLY building the first free standing Chick-fil-a in Michigan. Thank goodness its a 30 min drive from me haha

Everytime I even think about Taco Bell I think about what I used to get for such a small amount of money back in the late 90s and early 2000s. They even still did the 39 cent tacos up here until like 2002. Now a soft taco is a buck and a half. If they want $15 /hr it'll end up having prices like in Demolition Man.

It's crazy how expensive they have gotten recently, especially the meximelt and I still miss the chili cheese burrito. Not sure why they took that away...at least around here anyway..

More good news they are FINALLY building the first free standing Chick-fil-a in Michigan. Thank goodness its a 30 min drive from me haha

OMG, the Chilito was fantastic. That should have never gone away.

The Official Banter Away Thread

The prices have crept up, for sure.

I remember in my college days driving to Gainesville with my roommate from Miami and having the “taco challenge” where we would buy a few of those giant taco boxes and see who could eat the most tacos during the 5 hour trip without getting sick. We both lost. We also did the “cheeseburger challenge” with the McD’s 39 cent cheeseburgers, and the “Crystal Burger challenge” on the reverse trip. To be young again.

While on the Taco Bell subject, there are Taco Bell taco supreme flavored sunflower seeds, and they are phenomenal.

So, I guess I have to watch what I say now! I banged my leg a minute ago and dropped a big F bomb! Guess who's going around the house now saying it perfectly?! It's like having a mini "Dice" Clay in the house! Wife is gonna love this!

My mom still tells me the story about the time someone cut her off and I opened my window (I believe I was 3 or 4) and gave the guy the finger and screamed "f*%king idiot". She was so mad at my father because she knew I picked that up from him haha.

The Taco Bell Mexican pizza is underrated and quite good. Nacho cheese Doritos locos tacos pair perfectly with it but its not very cheap.

My mom still tells me the story about the time someone cut her off and I opened my window (I believe I was 3 or 4) and gave the guy the finger and screamed "f*%king idiot". She was so mad at my father because she knew I picked that up from him haha.

That's amazing! It's hard not to laugh when she did it, but I know that would just make her keep saying it!

The Taco Bell Mexican pizza is underrated and quite good. Nacho cheese Doritos locos tacos pair perfectly with it but its not very cheap.

The mexican pizza is my daughters favorite. I never think to get one but they are good. I miss the volcano tacos too. Damn now I'm hungry

The mexican pizza is my daughters favorite. I never think to get one but they are good. I miss the volcano tacos too. Damn now I'm hungry

Taco Bell has breakfast in this market although I have never tried it.

Probably haven't had taco Bell in 10+ years to be honest I occasionally think I want it then just remember how much it killed my intestines

Wish I could remember that same thing regarding oreos but I'm a chocoholic

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Around 3, my oldest had some toys in her hand and dropped them, she immediately said “awe sh**”... my wife looked at me and gave me the biggest stink eye look I’ve ever seen. I was just proud she used the word in the correct context.

Around 3, my oldest had some toys in her hand and dropped them, she immediately said “awe sh**”... my wife looked at me and gave me the biggest stink eye look I’ve ever seen. I was just proud she used the word in the correct context.

I think Madison said that in the bath last night, but I’m also pretending I didn’t hear anything. If she didn’t, it was pretty close to it. Grrreeeaaaatttt..

Not laughing is definitely the hardest part, because like you said you don't want to encourage the behavior, but it's so damn funny.

When I was finishing the basement in our last house I was trying to install a shelf in a closet that wasn't quite square. I got frustrated and yelled "get in there you b*stard" forgetting that my daughter was in the room playing.

A few minutes later my wife comes down to check the progress, asks how it's going and my daughter says "not good mommy, that b*stard won't go in". .

Whoops!

Is there a better way to start the day than with a cookie dough donut?

3e348945b69f5b9251afa51344cdc1af.jpg

Is there a better way to start the day than with a cookie dough donut?

Cmon KEV. Obviously there is a better way.

Spoiler
Two of those

Be sure you’re close to home after you .... redeem... that gift card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason I had something stuck in my head for the past couple days:

"Wrote a song about it! Like to hear it? Here it goes!"

Could not figure out why it got stuck in my head, Calhoun Tubbs from in Living Color. Seriously hadn't seen/heard it in ages, but there it was, always in the back of my mind the past couple days.

For some reason I had something stuck in my head for the past couple days:

"Wrote a song about it! Like to hear it? Here it goes!"

Could not figure out why it got stuck in my head, Calhoun Tubbs from in Living Color. Seriously hadn't seen/heard it in ages, but there it was, always in the back of my mind the past couple days.

That show was very funny. The music was not my cup of tea but some of the characters were hilarious. Fire marshall Bill, Damon Wayans as the crackhead carrying a "pickle" in a jar? I should dig those up and watch them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back