The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly, a golf ball hooked nearly 310 yards off the 11th tee at Grand Cypress and knocked out one of our villa windows. According to Jake at least.

I miss you too Overton!

A dab of herbed/garlic butter on a steak as it comes off the grill is nearly divine

Well that depends on how you cook
Said steak.
If I eat prime rib I use horseradish, picana I use chimichuri, tbone or in bone in steaks, Gallic butter

In my opinion if a steak (prime rib, t-bone, ribeye, whatever) needs something other than itself, it's too well done and therefore no good. Salt and pepper are one thing. Some kind of sauce is unacceptable.

I agree with smallville. The only a good steak needs it already has.

But I'm not against other seasonings, however if I have to add something after its cooked, especially a sauce it wasn't done right.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

In my opinion if a steak (prime rib, t-bone, ribeye, whatever) needs something other than itself, it's too well done and therefore no good. Salt and pepper are one thing. Some kind of sauce is unacceptable.
So, what you are saying is, you dont put Ketchup on your steak?

Supposedly, a golf ball hooked nearly 310 yards off the 11th tee at Grand Cypress and knocked out one of our villa windows. According to Jake at least.

That. Is one hell of a hook. haha

I've had some steaks with amazing sauces. They both will find their way to my plate.

That. Is one hell of a hook. haha

It was! Somehow took a 90° turn about 270 yards out and then over a lake, under some trees, and right into our villa.

I eat all my steak med-rare and out of tradition will add something if the cut calls for it or is severed with it. But there is no arguing a good steak by itself with S/P & Garlic

So, what you are saying is, you dont put Ketchup on your steak?

I only put something other than salt and pepper on a steak if it needs it. And if it needs it it is not cooked correctly. And if I have to use anything, it's A-1, not ketchup. Although A-1 is only in case of a poorly cooked steak. Just my opinion.

It was! Somehow took a 90° turn about 270 yards out and then over a lake, under some trees, and right into our villa.
I don't know if that's what happened or not. I wonder if somebody wasn't jacking around and hit or threw a ball toward our villa. That's sort of what I think happen. That's a big shot and a huge hook. Tiger could do it though.

I miss you too Overton!

That guy should probably go pro. He seems kinda good. What did the paper say at the front door?

I eat all my steak med-rare and out of tradition will add something if the cut calls for it or is severed with it. But there is no arguing a good steak by itself with S/P & Garlic
I do the same. And medium rare means it should have plenty of it's own juices.

My wife likes hers well-done. Well done requires something (anything) to make it taste good. I drives me crazy to overcook her steak, but if I don't she will nuke it, which is even worse.

I do the same. And medium rare means it should have plenty of it's own juices.

My wife likes hers well-done. Well done requires something (anything) to make it taste good. I drives me crazy to overcook her steak, but if I don't she will nuke it, which is even worse.

Yuck man! I am a medium rare guy as well, and even on the side of rare. I like it to be mooing when it gets to my plate

I don't add to make juicy I add to bring out the flavor. One day I'll make you some Picana with chimichuri and it will blow your mind.

Yuck man! I am a medium rare guy as well, and even on the side of rare. I like it to be mooing when it gets to my plate

I'm a fan of Pittsburgh Rare. Delicious

Imagine that! That ball was seeking that villa!

Mooing is good. I would rather it be under than overcooked. Moving is a bit too rare for me!

In Belgium and France, sauces for steaks seemed to be pretty common. Not talking A1 here, but a tureen of gorgonzola on the side or something like that was common in my experience. It was actually really good.

For the record, I'm normally a steadfast "A good steak don't need nothin but a knife and fork" camp.

There are many ways to eat a steak. All of them are good except ketchup. Blue cheese, Bernaise, flavored butters, various crusts, etc.

Straight up is great, but jeez, expand your palettes a little bit.

Kevin

Complimenting the flavor versus overpowering the flavor

This man knows his stuff. I love sauted veg and onions, browned butter, olive oil... The options are endless. I look at steak like a canvas, great for expressing many different flavors.

But ketchup? That's just gross.
There are many ways to eat a steak. All of them are good except ketchup. Blue cheese, Bernaise, flavored butters, various crusts, etc.

Straight up is great, but jeez, expand your palettes a little bit.

Kevin

You know what goes well with steak? Shrimp, lobster, and crab.

Kevin

This man knows his stuff. I love sauted veg and onions, browned butter, olive oil... The options are endless. I look at steak like a canvas, great for expressing many different flavors.

But ketchup? That's just gross.
Just about everyone from back home puts Ketchup on their steak. No idea why, I think it's an Alabama thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back