The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah dude, the courses opened up a couple weeks ago for a weekend but I had my kids that weekend and didn't get out. Otherwise it's been too cold again, and now today the air temp is -10....not even wind chill. UGH!!! I did play some indoor golf last Friday, so I got to swing the sticks a bit.

Sounds about like here, just not quite as cold. Just wish we had an indoor place to play around here. With these temps even a heated bay is too cold to use.

I am hoping the deer who keep leaving their little pebble crap droppings in my yard are about done visiting since the plants they are eating are almost down to stems.

Kind of weird, I'm at home this week because my firm shuts down until next year, wife is at work, kids at day care, it's too cold to golf....and I have no idea what to do with myself. Can't remember the last time I had time like this. I guess I'll do some chores, THP, and buy some suits. That's all I can come up with.

I got the end of June till just after the 4th of July off and need to figure out a vaca thinking either out west or New England areas

I've been to Boston twice wife has not. I'm thinking of making it a driving trip to hit a couple places out and then back regardless where we go or fly then do driving then fly home

Nah dude, the courses opened up a couple weeks ago for a weekend but I had my kids that weekend and didn't get out. Otherwise it's been too cold again, and now today the air temp is -10....not even wind chill. UGH!!! I did play some indoor golf last Friday, so I got to swing the sticks a bit.

Not much brother, just thinking of my boys today! Been an insanely busy and very emotional stretch run here lately. Starting to see the light at the end though, good days are ahead indeed!

Big fan of good days, glad thinks are shaping up better for ya

I got the end of June till just after the 4th of July off and need to figure out a vaca thinking either out west or New England areas

Maybe an event or something?

The Official Banter Away Thread

Maybe it's our anniversary time frame so that is first and foremost then whatever after that.

I've never been west and she's never been east so one of those seems like a good option. Out west to national parks or northeast to see it.

Maybe it's our anniversary time frame so that is first and foremost then whatever after that.

I've never been west and she's never been east so one of those seems like a good option. Out west to national parks or northeast to see it.

If you come west ping me - I've been to a good number of the NP's and can offer tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a National Park in the Northeast too! Great excuse to drive the Maine coast along the way. If you head to Boston, let's try get out & play.

If you come out to Boston, let me know if you want any recommendations or anything (and to tee it up, I know it's an anniversary trip, but you never know).

Found this in a used record store today. Will be hanging on my wall soon.

IMAG1154_zpsrgdtaj5q.jpg

Man the thought having this to look at while doing work is very enticing.
a1429fbfb0cbaa829a2e2aaff9c29065.jpg

If you come west ping me - I've been to a good number of the NP's and can offer tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will do Wifey says she wants to take me out to Colorado at some point

We have a National Park in the Northeast too! Great excuse to drive the Maine coast along the way. If you head to Boston, let's try get out & play.

Yes yes you do if we chose the east I'll definitely try and get around in while that way.

If you come out to Boston, let me know if you want any recommendations or anything (and to tee it up, I know it's an anniversary trip, but you never know).

She's pretty understanding about my need to play so I don't see that as an issue

Hey everyone! After being buried by work and life, I am finally starting to get my head a bit above water and wanted to check in. In the last month, we sold our house, bought what we hope is our forever house, unpacked the essential from the house and got settled in time to host Christmas, hosted Christmas, and are about halfway home in terms of going through the boxes of crap we have collected to figure out what stays and goes.

On the work front, I have sort of transitioned from a software developer to a project manager. I am now in charge of two of the 11 task orders on our contract. I also am the only reliable developer on the team though, which means that I am doing all the work on one of the task orders (per client request) and cleaning up after the significant messes made by the other developers on other task orders. So basically I am doing three people's jobs in any given day. At least it's job security.

As for golf, I haven't touched a club in weeks, and that may not change any time soon. My new house has a massive heated garage bay that will eventually be my hitting area, and I got an Optishot to use with it. I just have to clean out all the boxes in the garage to make room for it, set up an unused TV and a computer for the Optishot, unbox the Optishot, and then find time to use it. :(

But at least I have time to be on THP again!!

I really wish we could shut down our business for 2 weeks over Christmas to mimic our suppliers.

Planning an alternate route for next Monday's trip so that I don't end up with a repeat of last week blah

I just booked a business trip to Akron OH at the end of January. Yippee. :banghead:
Right down the road..hit me up when you are here we can grab some dinner and drinks

I just booked a business trip to Akron OH at the end of January. Yippee. :banghead:

Right down the road as well. Mike and I will meet up with you if you have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back