The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the pros or Columbus, OH outweigh the cons? Possible job opportunity...

You'd be in proximity... Which is either great for you or terrible haha!

Lots of quality golf in Columbus, and the city itself is quite fun.

Do the pros or Columbus, OH outweigh the cons? Possible job opportunity...

Columbus is a pretty cool city with lots of districts that are all different and then you have a the suburbs lots to do and lots of golf options and a bunch of THPers within pretty close proximity

Well when I see you gents in less than a month, I can ask you more about it. Definitely a solid opportunity, just need to make sure the work life balance is there as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh Ohio...

A man in Ohio tried to cash in on the buzz surrounding Seth Rogen and James Franco’s new comedy when he purchased $650 in tickets or 50 passes at $13 each to the movie.

According to WCPO in Cincinatti, Jason Best learned that a local theater in Clifton was among the 300 theaters to play the controversial film on Christmas day and hoped to re-sell the tickets online at a higher price (a.k.a. he wanted to scalp them).

“I saw all the hype about ‘The Interview’ on the 23rd and thought, ‘hey, folks are selling these tickets in other cities and it seems like that’s the thing to do right now so why not give it a shot so see how it goes,”’ he said.

But the plan backfired once Sony announced it was streaming the film online for half the price on sites like YouTube, Hulu and Netflix.

Now the man is demanding a refund from the Esquire Theatre.

“I thought I’d get my money back because the theater’s website *very clearly* said the tickets were refundable,” Best told WCPO in an email.

But a theater manager told Best that the art house didn’t have a website and that “The Interview” was listed as a special event.

It turns out Best had purchased the tickets from movie tickets.com which specifically warns on its website that theater owners reserve the right to withhold refunds for special events.

Plus the manager said that scalping tickets was illegal.

somewhere in there is the American Dream right?

Only if he bootlegged the movie via hand cam and then sold it I think. :D

nonsense, fine quality asian imports are not hand cam based

What the hell just happened to my tapatalk!?

Come here and let me hug ya.

Doing any late season golfing Jake? It was really warm down here this month until yesterday.

Doing any late season golfing Jake? It was really warm down here this month until yesterday.
Nah dude, the courses opened up a couple weeks ago for a weekend but I had my kids that weekend and didn't get out. Otherwise it's been too cold again, and now today the air temp is -10....not even wind chill. UGH!!! I did play some indoor golf last Friday, so I got to swing the sticks a bit.

The legend himself, whats going on buddy?
Not much brother, just thinking of my boys today! Been an insanely busy and very emotional stretch run here lately. Starting to see the light at the end though, good days are ahead indeed!

Growing! She's something else buddy, it's unbelievable.
Best thing you'll ever experince in your life. I've been seeing things in a much different light lately, my girls are now 14 and almost 12 and it's just crazy the relationship we have, they're literally my best friends. I love it!

Hang in there buddy. Hopefully we'll see each other once it thaws out a little.

Hello Jakester. Hope all is well. Thinking about you lately based on your FB post. Hope all is well on that front brother.

Hang in there buddy. Hopefully we'll see each other once it thaws out a little.
For sure! I want to get a round in at TPC Deere Run sometime and I'd LOVE to go back to TCI. We'll have options and I'm in!

Hello Jakester. Hope all is well. Thinking about you lately based on your FB post. Hope all is well on that front brother.
Thanks Ricky, things are getting much better, mom is still in the hospital but it shouldn't be much longer.

Hi Jake! So good to see you 'round here.
How you been Smallie? It's good go be 'round here! Haha. I miss you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back