The Official Banter Away Thread

So my original interview last Friday got cancelled for a unknown time in the future but the state came back requesting to interview for another position there at a very high level(higher than the other position.). I think I crushed it in front of a panel of 4. Man if I get it not only will I be out from under the folks that making my life hell but this position would be life changing as far as opportunities and everything that comes with the job(And job security.). I might treat myself to a new Scotty if I get it honestly,
Well then only the best of luck to you!

Ohhhh a box showed up from Stitch!!!

Do you ever feel like the universe is trying to tell you something? My annual Florida trip was scheduled for Oct 1 to Oct 15. Let's recap what's happened:
- Sept 26 one of the two gents driving down with me had to withdraw due to a medical issue
- Sept 28 Hurricane Ian tried to wipe parts of Florida off the map
- we delayed our departure pending restoration of power and confirmation of golf course operation
- Oct 3 received confirmation from the homeowners that they were on location and all was well
- Oct 5 the second gentleman who was driving down with me has withdrawn due to a medical issue
So, here I am pondering what to do. Rest assured, I am going to do something, because I can't won't tolerate another year of giving everything I have and not getting some kind of break in return. I mean, I suppose I could fly down but that has so much potential for becoming a ****show it's not even funny. I could drive down by myself (currently the leader in the clubhouse) or I could scrap everything and go somewhere else (West coast maybe?)

Here's what I'm thinking:
If @HarlettoScara can do a US 2022 tour, why can't I? Yes, I understand that he's from "across the pond" and I'm a mere couple of hours north of the US/CAN border but still....
Try to arrange a round either with some guys in Ohio or Kentucky (I hear Kentucky has distilleries) drive a bit, maybe hit Tobacco Road, then join @Browndog and @brotherdave for a round at their home course in GA. I could throw Olde Stonewall in PA into the mix - I mean really the possibilities are endless.

Here's what I'm going to do right now:
- start a thread similar to what @PKorf did when he needed a member-guest partner appealing to THPers between me and Florida to see what possible meetups can be worked out. It's 5:30 EST and I'm going to leave the office for my usual watering hole
- see what (if any) responses/interest I have received and take it from there

Every black cloud has a silver lining, right?

One thing that blows my mind on the marketplace.......people who buy and or sell and thus wear used shoes regardless of condition. Lol 😂 i🤣🤣🤣🤣

need...rain...

apparently Vancouver Airport received less rainfall over the summer than Las Vegas Airport.

creeks and rivers are flowing at a quarter of normal, some creeks are drying up, massive salmon kills (to add to an already collapsing stock), and there's no rain in the short to mid term forecast around here
Hope you guys get some rain and then lots of snow!

Was nice to get some rain here this summer after how miserable last year was. Hoping it's a sign we'll have lots of snow, unlike last year.

I have been at Ballonfest since Saturday and only 1 morning have balloons gone up. The one year I come and it rains the whole time. 🤷‍♂️

This whole dark earlier thing is already pissing me off.

Do you ever feel like the universe is trying to tell you something? My annual Florida trip was scheduled for Oct 1 to Oct 15. Let's recap what's happened:
- Sept 26 one of the two gents driving down with me had to withdraw due to a medical issue
- Sept 28 Hurricane Ian tried to wipe parts of Florida off the map
- we delayed our departure pending restoration of power and confirmation of golf course operation
- Oct 3 received confirmation from the homeowners that they were on location and all was well
- Oct 5 the second gentleman who was driving down with me has withdrawn due to a medical issue
So, here I am pondering what to do. Rest assured, I am going to do something, because I can't won't tolerate another year of giving everything I have and not getting some kind of break in return. I mean, I suppose I could fly down but that has so much potential for becoming a ****show it's not even funny. I could drive down by myself (currently the leader in the clubhouse) or I could scrap everything and go somewhere else (West coast maybe?)

Here's what I'm thinking:
If @HarlettoScara can do a US 2022 tour, why can't I? Yes, I understand that he's from "across the pond" and I'm a mere couple of hours north of the US/CAN border but still....
Try to arrange a round either with some guys in Ohio or Kentucky (I hear Kentucky has distilleries) drive a bit, maybe hit Tobacco Road, then join @Browndog and @brotherdave for a round at their home course in GA. I could throw Olde Stonewall in PA into the mix - I mean really the possibilities are endless.

Here's what I'm going to do right now:
- start a thread similar to what @PKorf did when he needed a member-guest partner appealing to THPers between me and Florida to see what possible meetups can be worked out. It's 5:30 EST and I'm going to leave the office for my usual watering hole
- see what (if any) responses/interest I have received and take it from there

Every black cloud has a silver lining, right?

Get to Ohio and

This whole dark earlier thing is already pissing me off.

Leave home in the dark, get home in the dark sucks.

It’s SO mentally taxing, ya know?

I don't bandy around the word depression because I don't think I get depressed, but it's becoming more and more apparent that it's seasonal for me because of the dark and cold.

I don't bandy around the word depression because I don't think I get depressed, but it's becoming more and more apparent that it's seasonal for me because of the dark and cold.
I agree on all counts. Having been down that road, I don’t throw it around. That said, yup, this time of year just really beats down on me.

I am impressed with people that can find a counterpoint to everything so they can feel they are correct. It is a skill, not a useful one but still. :ROFLMAO:

Back