The Official Banter Away Thread

Long road trip last night but I got to sleep in this morning. Now it's family time with the kids and golf tomorrow!

Iron headcover folks are touchy. :p

Time to head to the course!!!

Iron headcover folks are touchy. :p
If we ever play together I think I'm going to find a way to double up iron headcovers just to see your face. Like a snug neoprene one and then a leather zip one that goes over it!! ??

If we ever play together I think I'm going to find a way to double up iron headcovers just to see your face. Like a snug neoprene one and then a leather zip one that goes over it!! ??
Won't phase me dude, not much does out there, people can do what makes them happy and even if its not something I like, we can still have fun.

I'm happy to be home form the hospital with 4 extra holes & one less gallbladder. The fact that it took 7 days kinda sucked, but - happy to be alive and (relatively) healthy. I just don't want to take being healthy for granted. I consider this a warning shot across the bow to get in shape & take better care of myself - and to play more golf.

I remember the days of getting a nice tax refund.
Yeeeeaaaaaaa but then you probably started making a lot more money and realized that refund was irrelevant cause you’d rather make “x” amount more per year lol. At least that’s how it worked &or me.

Won't phase me dude, not much does out there, people can do what makes them happy and even if its not something I like, we can still have fun.
Definitely in jest James.. If I did that I would have to kick my own butt as that would be slow and foolish

Holy ****. The economy must be good. We just did fund a need at the auction and it’s insane how much was raised.

Sweating it out. Winning 3 golf trips on the auction. I really only want 1 of them.

Let me guess....Vegas?
No. Just some courses in the Midwest. All private. There is only 1 that I really want to win because I can get on the other 2 by just acting.

Pretty disappointing dinner tonight at our local PF Changs. Let’s just say it’s off our list of prospective dinner spots in the future.

Pretty disappointing dinner tonight at our local PF Changs. Let’s just say it’s off our list of prospective dinner spots in the future.
We brought the kids there last weekend. It was not good. I know it’s a chain. But even for a chain it sucked. Except for alcohol. Even that was below average. But I left acolholal happy.

We brought the kids there last weekend. It was not good. I know it’s a chain. But even for a chain it sucked. Except for alcohol. Even that was below average. But I left acolholal happy.
It used to be pretty good. However the service was horrible. Empty drinks and 2.5 hours was just to long of a time. None of the food was hot when served.

It used to be pretty good. However the service was horrible. Empty drinks and 2.5 hours was just to long of a time. None of the food was hot when served.
Reads like a really bad experience and not excusable. I draw the line at cold food. I don't eat out much, but when I do, I can tolerate a lot with service, but I at least expect hot food.

Reads like a really bad experience and not excusable. I draw the line at cold food. I don't eat out much, but when I do, I can tolerate a lot with service, but I at least expect hot food.
It got to the point we were timing how long it took our waitress to do something. She would say I’ll be right back, that meant 7-10 minutes every time.

It got to the point we were timing how long it took our waitress to do something. She would say I’ll be right back, that meant 7-10 minutes every time.
I would not be a return customer with an experience like that.

Was hanging out last night in NYC before my cruise leaves today and it’s a pretty cool place to visit. Not my typically my thing but saw the broadway show Beetlejuice last night and really enjoyed it too. Also had my first slice of Regulah pizza haha

I'm happy to be home form the hospital with 4 extra holes & one less gallbladder. The fact that it took 7 days kinda sucked, but - happy to be alive and (relatively) healthy. I just don't want to take being healthy for granted. I consider this a warning shot across the bow to get in shape & take better care of myself - and to play more golf.
Get well so you can get out on the course.

Time to head to the course, will be 45° at tee time, and little to no wind today.

Time to head to the course, will be 45° at tee time, and little to no wind today.

Enjoy it! I’m dying to swing a club... but based on how I feel I think it will be at least 2 weeks before I’m cleared for takeoff

Winter thus far. Finished 2 winter sim leagues. Took 3 lessons. Tested a bunch of clubs. Putted nearly everyday on my home mat and puttout. I am going to switch my sim time to work on simple fundamentals and then benchmarking my distances. I've always been in the distance guessing area. Knowing is so helpful. With the swing it is about little things. I've started flipping the ball a bit, adding loft and spin. That is an old habit that has crept back in, although not on every club. Working on that will help with a couple of gaps. Driver will be an ongoing project. A working task right now is to hone a go-to lower speed driver swing that punches the ball. 103-105 mph is very comfortable. As my driver swing phases in and out, I need to have that as a backup. If I am going to hit my goals this year, minimizing trouble off the tee will be necessary.

On equipment, if the recoils work for me in the MP-18 MMC's I might just play those into the season and save new irons for a late in season change. Wedges are worn, and I can get at least 1K extra spin on full shots with new ones. Just need to pick. At the top of the bag. I may have to rethink 4i. It's a 50/50 club for me. Half the time, I don't hit it farther than my 5i. The other half I smoke it high with enough spin to hold most greens. I might tinker with a 4hy. New G410 3hy in the bag is stupid easy to hit.

10 day forecast is for a slow and steady regimen of melt-freeze with lots of sun. As we transition into March, snowpack in town will retreat. Down in the valley golf should start mid-March. Here in town early April is a good bet. Season is getting close to starting here.

Back