The Official Banter Away Thread

I missed this last night but it deserves a quote.

While I’m sure it’ll get me flayed in some places out there where the walls have ears. I’m really over it and don’t care. Too much awesome out there in the world to live so negatively anymore, if you don’t like something or are angry about a place, why stay? Move along and enjoy life.

Boom perfectly said. If you get upset about something just leave it take a short break, the constant trolling and pettiness are just silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came home to this trying to get in the house. Like @KEV said, it’s time to move

808df90a2ce5109ea2e409f5bf31247d.jpg

That little thing?

While I’m sure it’ll get me flayed in some places out there where the walls have ears. I’m really over it and don’t care. Too much awesome out there in the world to live so negatively anymore, if you don’t like something or are angry about a place, why stay? Move along and enjoy life.
I can't like this enough. It's a question that wanders across my mind a lot.

This is perfect James. There's no point in being petty. Don't like something? Move on to something new.

Running on empty this morning. Busy night with the kids and when it was all said and done I had the decision to either hit the gym as originally planned or just go to bed early. Decided to hit the gym. Got the blood pumping and couldn't sleep when I got home. On a positive note, I typically would have just gone to bed. So, my will power won the battle last night and I feel pretty good for getting that workout in.

This is perfect James. There's no point in being petty. Don't like something? Move on to something new.
Here's the reality, I have been upset before, I have felt emotional about a lot of things I didn't understand and for a time bottled it all up and vented in the entirely wrong ways. Eventually though, conversations were had, HARD conversations that got heated. People cleared the air. We acted like adults.

Bottom line is this community is the WHY for me. Its why I know so many people. Its why I had the opportunity to discover I have what I would consider a pretty decent talent for dissecting and reviewing golf equipment. Its why I have done some pretty amazing things and gone some amazing places in the last (soon to be) DECADE that I have been here.

I've been down the petty road, I was part of a lot I'm not proud of, but I am proud of my role here with THP and what it has done for me not just professionally but also as a person.

Anyway, like I said, I have no doubt this will make the rounds in all sorts of places and venomous things will be said about me being two-faced or whatever. I'll say this, I'm not hard to find, and I'm always willing to talk.

Running on empty this morning. Busy night with the kids and when it was all said and done I had the decision to either hit the gym as originally planned or just go to bed early. Decided to hit the gym. Got the blood pumping and couldn't sleep when I got home. On a positive note, I typically would have just gone to bed. So, my will power won the battle last night and I feel pretty good for getting that workout in.
I also had a decision last night. I was feeling sleepy about 10 pm and could either go lay down or have a piece of silk pie and watch the Mandelorian. I suffered through the latter. :ROFLMAO:

I faced a similar situation last night. I could have just sat in my hotel room being lazy, gone to the fitness center and ran for awhile or hop in the pool and take a few laps.

I went to Culvers and got a peanut butter malt.

I also had a decision last night. I was feeling sleepy about 10 pm and could either go lay down or have a piece of silk pie and watch the Mandelorian. I suffered through the latter. :ROFLMAO:
You made a good choice. That show is amazing.

I faced a similar situation last night. I could have just sat in my hotel room being lazy, gone to the fitness center and ran for awhile or hop in the pool and take a few laps.

I went to Culvers and got a peanut butter malt.
Hmm, that sounds disgusting. But, I am proud of you regardless for making the right call.

Hmm, that sounds disgusting. But, I am proud of you regardless for making the right call.

Peanut Butter Malt. I fail to see anything disgusting here. ;) Shall we discuss your beer preference?

Peanut Butter Malt. I fail to see anything disgusting here. ;) Shall we discuss your beer preference?
I prefer to be thrifty. No shame in that :)

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have Busch Light on tap at the Hideaway. Come to think of it. It's a pretty fancy place. They probably server their Busch in bottles. You know, top notch.

I prefer to be thrifty. No shame in that :)

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have Busch Light on tap at the Hideaway. Come to think of it. It's a pretty fancy place. They probably server their Busch in bottles. You know, top notch.
oh....dude.

I think you're just a lost cause at this point. Might as well grow a man bun and switch to natty light, and pretend you're a hipster.

I'll say this, I'm not hard to find, and I'm always willing to talk.

1,000% this. it's amazing what a conversation - a REAL conversation where you can hear someone's voice or better yet see their face - can do to clear the air.

This community and the people here mean a lot to me. Anybody that has spent time with me over the last year can attest to that. If anybody is going to use them or take advantage of them, for their own trolling game, it wont be tolerated. I say that with every part of my being. The last year on this place has been nothing short of extraordinary and next year is going to be even better for the group that I call a family.

Disfunctional at times, but always entertaining. So when we say that childish games, trolling, etc wont be tolerated, it is being said as fact. If you like this place, enjoy the heck out of it. If you dont, find another forum to enjoy. There are plenty out there and each of them have a different pulse. But DONT, EVER try and use our forum base and community of people as a pawn in a game.

This is not directed at anybody that argues, or disagrees. Those things when done civilly are completely acceptable here. This is directed at anybody that plans on trying to use this community as a pawn in their own game of insecurity.

Not sure what I missed, but I am glad I did. You've built something special and for those that chose, it can change you life for the better. It sounds crazy, but this little slice of golf heaven has changed me as a man, father and a friend. It has given me opportunities I never thought were possible. It has given me friendships that are stronger than with people i've known my whole life. Some people just want to watch the world burn because of their insecurities. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, 12 guys can help you finish the year strong and help you realize how much awesome this place provides for a lot of people.

thinking about the grandaddy asscap @mikeg_74 today. he has something for his job that he’s been putting a lot of work into and today is a big day. go get it mike!!!

Thanks dude. I'll feel better tonight around 7:00pm when it's done and I've succeeded. Until then, I keep sharpening the skills and preparing the best I can.

oh....dude.

I think you're just a lost cause at this point. Might as well grow a man bun and switch to natty light, and pretend you're a hipster.
Ha, I guess I never envisioned natty light being associated to hipsters. For the record, I do prefer a good IPA. But, when there will be a multitude of beers consumed, I like to try and keep it a little lighter. And a little friendlier on the wallet.

I am going to figure out a way to get to KS and play golf with @Snickerdog. He has been the most supportive and welcoming person I have ever come across online. I also want to get insider scoop on his GD experience. I just hope when we play he has different shoes and doesn't push his milk drinking ways too hard.

Yes I am sneaking out for nine holes of golf...shhh don’t tell anyone.

I am going to figure out a way to get to KS and play golf with @Snickerdog. He has been the most supportive and welcoming person I have ever come across online. I also want to get insider scoop on his GD experience. I just hope when we play he has different shoes and doesn't push his milk drinking ways too hard.
I have learned bits and pieces here and there about some folks on here during my lurking and postings, and knew about the love of milk with @Snickerdog. But, what is it about the shoes? :ROFLMAO:

I have learned bits and pieces here and there about some folks on here during my lurking and postings, and knew about the love of milk with @Snickerdog. But, what is it about the shoes? :ROFLMAO:
Noooooooo. Saying shoes is like the equivalent of his bat signal. Prepare for your retinas to be burned.

Follow along in the Grandaddy thread.

Follow along in the Grandaddy thread.
Yeah, I have popped into there a bit, must have missed it. LOL!

Yeah, I have popped into there a bit, must have missed it. LOL!

Trust me, if you saw the pictures and associated comments you would know about it :LOL::sick:

I never thought I would be excited for a surgery but as I battle my FIFTH sinus infection of the year, December 2 can’t get here soon enough. Now I just need to find a girlfriend who will pamper me while I am recovering and then leave once I am recovered haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back