The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need the secret to getting the wife on board with a move south...feel free to share.

A job, making some good money is a start.

FL any better?

NC has low effective property taxes 0.88 percent when compared to the rest of the county however Property tax varies Big Time in NC. Wake County (where Raleigh is) is not bad at all however 20 minutes away in Orange (Chapel Hill) they are through the roof. Last number I saw the effective rate for Wake was around .84 percent and Orange was 1.3 percent. Charlotte area is also a bit more property tax wise than Raleigh still reasonable in the scheme of the entire country but also need to do your research. Just for comparison the average effective tax is NY is 3.01 percent, Texas 2.18 and Illinois 2.15. These are averages across the state though so can sometimes be misleading.

Great advice here Freddie, when the wife wanted to move I didn't. When I decided what the heck lets do it, she said you need a job first. Find a job first! Hard to just pack up and move without having a plan other than we want to live where its warm and I can play golf year round haha

No State income tax is huge

Yeah, you have to factor everything in. When we looked at NC, I believe it was 5.75% right off the top. That is crazy to me. Want to hear crazier? New York can got right near 9%, California can get to 13.3%.
Our country right now for property tax it 1.1 and if we end up in clearwater (neighboring country) it drops to 1% flat.

Great advice here Freddie, when the wife wanted to move I didn't. When I decided what the heck lets do it, she said you need a job first. Find a job first! Hard to just pack up and move without having a plan other than we want to live where its warm and I can play golf year round haha

That does sound like decent advice. Have you looked?

Yeah, you have to factor everything in. When we looked at NC, I believe it was 5.75% right off the top. That is crazy to me. Want to hear crazier? New York can got right near 9%, California can get to 13.3%.
Our country right now for property tax it 1.1 and if we end up in clearwater (neighboring country) it drops to 1% flat.

Yea it is crazy how much the area can change the tax rate. Our property tax is at .69 right now but we have friends that just built 5 minutes down the street and are at 1.0.

If your staying in your current profession I may be able to assist.

Yea it is crazy how much the area can change the tax rate. Our property tax is at .69 right now but we have friends that just built 5 minutes down the street and are at 1.0.

Western NY is 3.6 on the average.:banghead:

Last edited:
That does sound like decent advice. Have you looked?

No, the job search never got started. She got a new job about 6 months ago and is 1000% happier for now. We will see what happens after winter kicks our butts again this year.

Oh man. Story is NSFW but has a few of us in the office laughing.

Google "Elite security + San Diego Chargers game". Headlines out there are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Palm trees, heat and no snow? I don't know I think I missed my window of opportunity for now.

I've tried that and had wardy use it at LIITA along with Disney being 1hr+ from Tampa where her brother and his and his family is now. She's been there 4 times this year including for a nice warm thanksgiving day weekend last month.

I think she is coming around from what some of our friends have said but she doesn't like having to start over.

I've got that already and an easy transfer from here to wherever I want. I think it's only a matter of time just not sure what that time frame is

Oh man. Story is NSFW but has a few of us in the office laughing.

Google "Elite security + San Diego Chargers game". Headlines out there are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

San Diego does have some good look'in cheerleaders...........:laughing:

A little Christmas trivia, anyone know what the name of the horse in the song "Jingle Bells" is?

Edit: No trivia, I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
A little Christmas trivia, anyone know what the name of the horse in the song "Jingle Bells" is?

It's not Bob or Bobtail.

I know that Batman smells and that Robin laid an egg but sounds like that's not what you're looking for. Sorry.

Bobtail?

Then what is it?

bobsled? lol

Wait a minute. There is no horse's name in Jingle bells. Trick question.

How can this be a trivia question if no one knows the answer? Lol

See edit above. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back