The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The JT Tiger mashup, makes a much better looking dude.

Going to start reading The First Major by John Feinstein tonight. It's billed as the inside story to the 2016 Ryder Cup. Can't judge a book but the cover but I like it so far. :D

I love HOA meetings.

I love HOA meetings.

Ours aren't too bad. There is usually free pizza and maybe 20 of the 200 houses show up. My favorite is the lady that wants people walking their dog not to crap in her yard, even if they clean it up.

Its funny, kids are starting to come to golf more and more rather than just staying in offseason and other coaches are getting pissy about it and trying to say its simply because they don't want to work hard or lift. Funny.

OR, and this is a wild one I know, it just miiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be because we are having success as a program and after being discouraged from golf by track coaches in the middle school, they are now free to try in HS.

I've got 4-5 Sophomores who are learning the game now, but the hook is set, by the time they're seniors they'll be legitimate low-80's/high-70's golfers. That's a big damn deal.

Its funny, kids are starting to come to golf more and more rather than just staying in offseason and other coaches are getting pissy about it and trying to say its simply because they don't want to work hard or lift. Funny.

OR, and this is a wild one I know, it just miiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be because we are having success as a program and after being discouraged from golf by track coaches in the middle school, they are now free to try in HS.

I've got 4-5 Sophomores who are learning the game now, but the hook is set, by the time they're seniors they'll be legitimate low-80's/high-70's golfers. That's a big damn deal.

Makes me happy to read this, I know it was tough to leave coaching football but I really enjoy seeing your excitement and not only the introducing of kids to the game but being successful at it from a competition perspective. They are very lucky to have you.

excellent news james, sounds like things continue to round into shape

I imagine them having fun and learning at the same time. Good for you and them.

That’s great Jman! It’s really cool to follow along with the success of the team.

It has been quite some time since I was excited to be working with someone on my swing. I am looking forward to starting this weekend.

It has been quite some time since I was excited to be working with someone on my swing. I am looking forward to starting this weekend.

Have fun with it Frank. Is there a specific you'll be doing about your lessons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have fun with it Frank. Is there a specific you'll be doing about your lessons?

My last two instructors taught exact opposite things. It messed with my head - I was in between the two approaches for too long. I needed to take a break and get away from it for a while. I'm hoping for a fresh start and a singleness of purpose that I can embrace.

Finally at airport to head home. Only there for a few days before leaving again, but I am looking forward to being there for a bit at least.

5 years later and meeting with the CEO about projects is still intimidating and anxiety ridden.

Finally at airport to head home. Only there for a few days before leaving again, but I am looking forward to being there for a bit at least.

Seems like you a productive time in Chicago - Looks like you hit the ground running!

I remember when I was a Freshman, the Wresting Coach came to talk to us about going out to Wrestling to stay in shape and lift, the later in the year, the Track and Field Coach came and talked to the bigger guys about coming out for Shotput and Discus, to stay in shape and lift.

What happen to me was Shot put was my calling and next year I only did that. Now the Track Season is the longest - Starting right after the Holiday break and goes to May.

Based on the way sport preparation is now, I can easily see working with a golfer all year to perfect their swing and technique. The good golfers do just that.

I remember when I was a Freshman, the Wresting Coach came to talk to us about going out to Wrestling to stay in shape and lift, the later in the year, the Track and Field Coach came and talked to the bigger guys about coming out for Shotput and Discus, to stay in shape and lift.

What happen to me was Shot put was my calling and next year I only did that. Now the Track Season is the longest - Starting right after the Holiday break and goes to May.

Based on the way sport preparation is now, I can easily see working with a golfer all year to perfect their swing and technique. The good golfers do just that.

Yeah, here in OK we can legally begin full-on practices for our spring season (wish we played fall golf too) on Dec. 1, but, we get a one hour "P.E." period prior to then to do certain things, its why every day at 3:20 I cut the kids loose, though some choose to stay afterwards on their own. Starting tomorrow though, its on.

My wife leave's for her girls trip tomorrow and will be back next Friday....I have the girls on my own the whole time, so if you read an odd post here or there it's probably the Gin&Tonic talking! lol

UPS seems to be a bit overwhelmed this week. At least in the Albany area. I’ve had three or four different things shipped and delayed once they arrived locally.

UPS seems to be a bit overwhelmed this week. At least in the Albany area. I’ve had three or four different things shipped and delayed once they arrived locally.
Not just your area. An item scheduled for delivery yesterday between 11am-3pm was dropped at 9pm.

Not just your area. An item scheduled for delivery yesterday between 11am-3pm was dropped at 9pm.
One of my Amazon prime items (two in the same package actually) originally scheduled for yesterday by 8 pm, was just dropped off today. And something I ordered from Linksoul and originally scheduled for today is now delayed without an updated delivery date.

Only UPS though. My Prime stuff (and others) that shipped FedEx and USPS have all been delivered on schedule without issue.

Save for things coming next day or second day, everything UPS ground has been taking an extra day lately. It seems everything coming to me via UPS ground sits in Jacksonville for at least 24 hours before moving.

One of my Amazon prime items (two in the same package actually) originally scheduled for yesterday by 8 pm, was just dropped off today. And something I ordered from Linksoul and originally scheduled for today is now delayed without an updated delivery date.

Only UPS though. My Prime stuff (and others) that shipped FedEx and USPS have all been delivered on schedule without issue.
I had some prime stuff delayed today. Make sure you send a note to customer support about your order. For each late delivery, they give you one free month of prime

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Accepted an offer yesterday. So will be relocating to the Beaumont, Tx area. Probably move the family late May early June.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back