The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We saw the difference in "class" and coaching. One player was benched for comments...Yet nothing would ever come about in different organizations.

So who were you comparing with? Boston is in the 20% that has tough media JB......obviously!

NO WHERE does that say the Pats are classy! Difference in class is different than classy.

NO WHERE does that say the Pats are classy! NO WHERE! Difference in class is different than classy.

I stand corrected ! Ok... then "classier". My mistake. Still not the case.

I love how New Yorkers think that us small markets go easy on our teams. Because New York is the center of the sporting world.

I don't think NY is the center of the sporting world.......it is the media center though. I don't think you guys are easy on your teams just that NY media is read worldwide and your is not, so every little thing is that much more blown out of proportion.

What's wrong with that comment..please. Second year in the AFC Championship game, not bad for having a rookie QB. Every team in the NFL is cocky.... you won't win too many games if you don't believe you will win every game you play. Most teams just don't speak about it. If they don't back it up it makes it easier to bash them........that's the risk you take.

Until The Jets win the Super Bowl, they have no accomplished anything. Back to back years in the AFC Championship game is half as impressive as Andy Reid getting to that stage 4 times. If the Jets win the Super Bowl, I will gladly say that they are the best team in the NFL. But until then, they are mouthy underachievers who have not accomplished anything.

Until The Jets win the Super Bowl, they have no accomplished anything. Back to back years in the AFC Championship game is half as impressive as Andy Reid getting to that stage 4 times. If the Jets win the Super Bowl, I will gladly say that they are the best team in the NFL. But until then, they are mouthy underachievers who have not accomplished anything.

That's cool ! The Jets are actually overachieving do to the QB situation and the team's track record. They are a top ten team ......who should be there for a number of years for the simple fact we have a franchise QB and new ownership that's willing to do what it takes. The Jets have never had that before. Rex has only been here for 2yrs. give him time to catch up with Andy! I think Reid has been there more than that though.....I might be wrong, he's a great coach either way. Time will tell....the future looks good anyway, for a change!

That's cool ! The Jets are actually overachieving do to the QB situation and the team's track record. They are a top ten team ......who should be there for a number of years for the simple fact we have a franchise QB and new ownership that's willing to do what it takes.

How are they overachieving? You say that because of their quarterback situation? But then you call Sanchez a franchise quarterback? So Mark Sanchez is an achor slowing them down and a franchise quarterback all at the same time? I do not understand how that can be.

How are they overachieving? You say that because of their quarterback situation? But then you call Sanchez a franchise quarterback? So Mark Sanchez is an achor slowing them down and a franchise quarterback all at the same time? I do not understand how that can be.

How many 1st and 2nd year QB's get to the championship game? Not too many ! Who last year thought the Jets would do anything.....nobody that's who. Sanchez is just young and inexperienced. Aaron Rodgers is a franchise QB and he's won 1 playoff game in his 6yrs in the league.....Sanchez has won 4 already and isn't in Rodgers league yet. Young QB's aren't supposed to win playoff games this fast and it proves the stage isn't too big for him and he will only get better!

How many 1st and 2nd year QB's get to the championship game? Not too many ! Who last year thought the Jets would do anything.....nobody that's who. Sanchez is just young and inexperienced. Aaron Rodgers is a franchise QB and he's won 1 playoff game in his 6yrs in the league.....Sanchez has won 4 already and isn't in Rodgers league yet. Young QB's aren't supposed to win playoff games this fast and it proves the stage isn't too big for him and he will only get better!

Based on that logic, I would assume you would think that Trent Dilfer is on par with Peyton Manning? Because in the end its only about wins? Or could it be that Sanchez is just NOT losing the game for them. Managing the game. It does not mean he is going to get better or that he will be better. Will he? Hope so, he seems like a decent kid. I dont see it, but some do. Just winning playoff games does not make a great QB, it makes them a QB that won games. Lets take a look at Rex Grossman. He won some games, even took his team to the Super Bowl. Did he improve after doing so? He was a young QB at the time that had many strong skill sets. Certainly was not phased by the games speed, but he actually regressed and did not get better.

Nothing wrong with managing games at the highest level, like I said, some average at best QBs have rings doing just that.

Well other than Rodgers has won two playoff games as a starter. The Jets have won playoff games with Mark Sanchez, I am disputing that. But if you think that Sanchez is anywhere near Rodgers' level, you are drinking the J-E-T-S kool-aid.

You don't see it because you don't want to see it. Last year he managed and got by and won. This year he took MAJOR steps towards becoming a quality QB with 4 comeback wins.... 2 of which were on the road back to back OT wins, first time in NFL history. He consistently plays his best ball in the biggest games and proved that again yesterday. Was trent Dilfer a rookie or 2nd year guy when he won.....I don't think so, nice try though. It's his second year JB....Sanchez will only get better with more experience, your comparing him to experienced QB's that had 1 decent year....poor analogy. Nice reach with Grossman though....he was never considered a top flight QB from the get go and his expectations weren't high. He couldn't even hold on to his job when it was handed to him. Only time will tell and prove your insight as fallable.

When dealing with a young QB winning plaoff games on the road, the hardest thing in the NFL to do, you must see the glass as half full. How else can you look at his success....pure luck....doubt it!

When dealing with a young QB winning plaoff games on the road, the hardest thing in the NFL to do, you must see the glass as half full. How else can you look at his success....pure luck....doubt it!

Not taking away from his success. I am just saying that he is not a top tier QB. He wins, but a running game and defense help that. All the Jets ask him to do is not make mistakes and make a good throw or two. To Mark's credit, he's done that. If you think that the Jets are in the AFC Championship game because of Mark Sanchez, you're nuts. If you put Sanchez on a mediocre team, he would struggle right now.

Well other than Rodgers has won two playoff games as a starter. The Jets have won playoff games with Mark Sanchez, I am disputing that. But if you think that Sanchez is anywhere near Rodgers' level, you are drinking the J-E-T-S kool-aid.

I forgot Rodgers broke his cherry with the Eagles....my bust. Before you type you should read what I said.

You don't see it because you don't want to see it. Last year he managed and got by and won. This year he took MAJOR steps towards becoming a quality QB with 4 comeback wins.... 2 of which were on the road back to back OT wins, first time in NFL history. He consistently plays his best ball in the biggest games and proved that again yesterday. Was trent Dilfer a rookie or 2nd year guy when he won.....I don't think so, nice try though. It's his second year JB....Sanchez will only get better with more experience, your comparing him to experienced QB's that had 1 decent year....poor analogy. Nice reach with Grossman though....he was never considered a top flight QB from the get go and his expectations weren't high. He couldn't even hold on to his job when it was handed to him. Only time will tell and prove your insight as fallable.

Nobody had high expectations with Grossman? He was a 1st round draft pick. Why take a QB in the 1st round if you dont have high expectations in him? Nice reach? Good lord dude. How is a 1st round draft pick of a QB have low expectations. Someones reaching, that is for sure.

Trent Dilfer was a pro bowl QB early in his 2nd year as a starter in TB by the way, once they drafted Dunn and Mike (good running game made him look good as a QB) and then fell off the face of the earth only to be picked up by a team with a great defense where he managed the game and won a ring.

I have NEVER said Sanchez would not be a good QB. EVER. What I have said is that I feel as though he regressed this year as a passer (most experts agree) and that time will tell if he will be able to improve as a passer. There is a big difference between managing a game and getting wins and being a great QB. Very big difference. I have also never said one is better than the other. A QB (young or old) can manage games and a team with a great defense and running the ball can win because of it.

Not taking away from his success. I am just saying that he is not a top tier QB. He wins, but a running game and defense help that. All the Jets ask him to do is not make mistakes and make a good throw or two. To Mark's credit, he's done that. If you think that the Jets are in the AFC Championship game because of Mark Sanchez, you're nuts. If you put Sanchez on a mediocre team, he would struggle right now.

The Jets would not be in the playoffs if it wasn't for Sanchez. I never said he was a top tier QB, all I said is he's on his way to being a a quality QB. So you think that he had nothing to do with beating the Patriots.......3 TD 0 Int. Not bad against everyones pick for the AFC rep in the SB! The last 2 years Brady 0-2 in the playoffs and Sanchez 4-1........not too bad for a guy who has nothing to do with his teams success!

I'll give Sanchez credit, I think his pocket presence this year is light years better then last year. Despite a questionable coach he still wins games when they matter.

The Jets would not be in the playoffs if it wasn't for Sanchez. I never said he was a top tier QB, all I said is he's on his way to being a a quality QB. So you think that he had nothing to do with beating the Patriots.......3 TD 0 Int. Not bad against everyones pick for the AFC rep in the SB! The last 2 years Brady 0-2 in the playoffs and Sanchez 4-1........not too bad for a guy who has nothing to do with his teams success!

the proof is in the pudding! i agree, he's managed the game plan masterfully and i wouldn't be surprised to see them in the SB.

Nobody had high expectations with Grossman? He was a 1st round draft pick. Why take a QB in the 1st round if you dont have high expectations in him? Nice reach? Good lord dude. How is a 1st round draft pick of a QB have low expectations. Someones reaching, that is for sure.

Trent Dilfer was a pro bowl QB early in his 2nd year as a starter in TB by the way, once they drafted Dunn and Mike (good running game made him look good as a QB) and then fell off the face of the earth only to be picked up by a team with a great defense where he managed the game and won a ring.

I have NEVER said Sanchez would not be a good QB. EVER. What I have said is that I feel as though he regressed this year as a passer (most experts agree) and that time will tell if he will be able to improve as a passer. There is a big difference between managing a game and getting wins and being a great QB. Very big difference. I have also never said one is better than the other. A QB (young or old) can manage games and a team with a great defense and running the ball can win because of it.

I guess I should have researched my points before typing..... my fault! Your right JB...I agree with everything you've said. We're just beating a dead horse here...I give! By the way, Grossman was a horrible pick and that proved to be true. Tim Tebow was a first rounder.....what are his expectations?

I never said he had nothing to do with the team's success. He is playing well enough for the Jets to win. But 16-25 for 194 yards is hardly lighting it up. He manages the game, swings the ball out to the RBs, hands the ball off, and makes a few throws down field when he has to. I am just saying that he isn't the second coming of Otto Graham.

Tim Tebow was a first rounder.....what are his expectations?

To turn water into wine and feed Mile High Stadium with five loaves of bread and two fish.

the proof is in the pudding! i agree, he's managed the game plan masterfully and i wouldn't be surprised to see them in the SB.

I agree. After yesterdays game I expect to see the Jets in the SB with the Packers. Sanchez isnt a great QB but hes a good one. And I think hes made improvements from last year.

I guess I should have researched my points before typing..... my fault! Your right JB...I agree with everything you've said. We're just beating a dead horse here...I give! By the way, Grossman was a horrible pick and that proved to be true. Tim Tebow was a first rounder.....what are his expectations?

So was Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Andre Ware, etc... Some picks look good early and fade and some picks take longer to develop. Guys like David Carr looked decent. Everybody thought once they got their O-Line fixed he was a franchise. Ummm never happened. Other guys never make it.

I would NOT say Sanchez is a good QB yet. I think he is a good manager of the game and has won some early games, but truth be told, in my opinion, without that defense, people would have entirely different thoughts about him as a QB.

So was Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Andre Ware, etc... Some picks look good early and fade and some picks take longer to develop. Guys like David Carr looked decent. Everybody thought once they got their O-Line fixed he was a franchise. Ummm never happened. Other guys never make it.

I would NOT say Sanchez is a good QB yet. I think he is a good manager of the game and has won some early games, but truth be told, in my opinion, without that defense, people would have entirely different thoughts about him as a QB.

I would say he's a good QB....we can agree to disagree! Just curious, what would make him a good QB ?

Off topic........Do you need to know your Miyazaki flex code in order to buy the Mashie?

I agree. After yesterdays game I expect to see the Jets in the SB with the Packers. Sanchez isnt a great QB but hes a good one. And I think hes made improvements from last year.

I like the way you think OEM ! If we get lucky enough I would love to be in Dallas come Feb.6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back