The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any QB? I can't think of one.

I completely agree with you. Simms actually made a good point just now when he said that the Jets have been able to get pressure with only their front 4, instead of blitzing like they normally do. The other point I should have made earlier is that the Pats' offensive line has been REALLY good over the last half of the season; it's no coincidence that they went on their undefeated run after Logan Mankins rejoined the team. However, that O-line is getting their butts kicked today. Shaun Ellis has been a beast.

Big stop there. I think the Jets are going to do this.

I never want to see anybody get hurt playing sports. NEVER. But does anybody else find it a little ironic that the guy that said Wes Welker would never be able to put a uniform on again after this game, just got hurt?

Agree 100%, one of my pet peeves is when people say that the "QB doesn't play well under pressure" or "you give him time in the pocket he will find the open guy". That is every Pro Quarter back.

Not Todd Marinovich. Or Ryan Leaf. hehehe

I think the Patriots lost because Brady wore that thing that covered his head. Do you think it was like a whole body stocking?

Sissy.

Kevin

I think the Patriots lost because Brady wore that thing that covered his head. Do you think it was like a whole body stocking?

Sissy.

Kevin

Ya the jets want to know if it comes in Mens'?

Sissy.

Kevin

Kevin,
I actually read that it's a wetsuit, like surfers wear. Dude is from California, after all.

Sports talk radio here in Boston should be really interesting tomorrow.

The Patriots offense, or lack there of, surprised me. In addition to living in Seattle, I've also lived in Pittsburgh and Chicago. So all is not lost, though the Patriots losing to the Jets was tough to take.

Both 6 seeds beat 1 seeds and the 2 seed is host the conference championship game. Weird.

J-e-t-s jets jets jets!

I never want to see anybody get hurt playing sports. NEVER. But does anybody else find it a little ironic that the guy that said Wes Welker would never be able to put a uniform on again after this game, just got hurt?

That's what we call slowing the Pats down without wasting a timeout!

That little thing called karma!! Happens in all facets of life.

It comes around right back in the Patriots face! They talk as much smack on the field as anyone in the league.....especially Brady! Just because the Jets speak their minds they get a bad rap.....they just say what every other player in the NFL doesn't have the balls to say or aren't allowed to say because of the team rules. Go Jets!!! One more to go and if we're fortunate enough to pull it off I'll be in Dallas come Feb.6 !

*kicks self furiously for not taking the bet w/JB yesterday*

i had a feeling that the pats might get done, but i was too scared to come to terms. and then there were four.

It comes around right back in the Patriots face! They talk as much smack on the field as anyone in the league.....especially Brady! Just because the Jets speak their minds they get a bad rap.....they just say what every other player in the NFL doesn't have the balls to say or aren't allowed to say because of the team rules. Go Jets!!! One more to go and if we're fortunate enough to pull it off I'll be in Dallas come Feb.6 !

Spoken like a true Jets fan. If you think that what Bart Scott was okay, then it says all it needs to say. As a former player (you), I expected more. If you think every team says what Bart Scott said publicly, its just not the case. Some do on the field, but taking that to the media has always been NOT okay. It was pathetic!

Spoken like a true Jets fan. If you think that what Bart Scott was okay, then it says all it needs to say. As a former player (you), I expected more. If you think every team says what Bart Scott said publicly, its just not the case. Some do on the field, but taking that to the media has always been NOT okay. It was pathetic!

I don't for one second support what he said about Welker......that was bush league and uncalled for. I would never wish injury on anyone, Scott's comment was classless! That talk doesn't belong on the field either in my opinion. I was just speaking in general about being confident and believing your going to win the game and saying that publicly. There's nothing wrong with speaking your mind about your own team and the up coming game. Yes, I am a true Jets fan! A fan that has stuck by his team for over 40 years and has only won his division 2x and been to the SB once before I could remember! I'm a fan that lives in a city where the other team has owned the headlines and has had a much better franchise and success thrown in my face every year. I'm a fan that's team has never gotten any respect around the league and even in it's own city. I'm a fan that's sick of rooting for a good draft pick every year and picking in the top ten year after year. I'm a Jets fan that has never known the feeling of being one of the best teams in the NFL. I'm tired of all this crap and want to win for a few years....I deserve it, I've paid my dues!!

I don't for one second support what he said about Welker......that was bush league and uncalled for. I would never wish injury on anyone, Scott's comment was classless! That talk doesn't belong on the field either in my opinion. I was just speaking in general about being confident and believing your going to win the game and saying that publicly. There's nothing wrong with speaking your mind about your own team and the up coming game. Yes, I am a true Jets fan! A fan that has stuck by his team for over 40 years and has only won his division 2x and been to the SB once before I could remember! I'm a fan that lives in a city where the other team has owned the headlines and has had a much better franchise and success thrown in my face every year. I'm a fan that's team has never gotten any respect around the league and even in it's own city. I'm a fan that's sick of rooting for a good draft pick every year and picking in the top ten year after year. I'm a Jets fan that has never known the feeling of being one of the best teams in the NFL. I'm tired of all this crap and want to win for a few years....I deserve it, I've paid my dues!!

And I think that is great. Fanaticism at its core is great for sports. However I dont for one second think the Jets get a bad rap as you called it just for speaking their mind. They get a bad rap because of players like Bart Scott and his antics.

And I think that is great. Fanaticism at its core is great for sports. However I dont for one second think the Jets get a bad rap as you called it just for speaking their mind. They get a bad rap because of players like Bart Scott and his antics.

Bart Scott's comment was the first out of line thing I've heard come from the Jets since Rex Ryan has been here. Name another comment made that would give us that rap........you can't ! What else could be the reason for it JB?

Bart Scott's comment was the first out of line thing I've heard come from the Jets since Rex Ryan has been here. Name another comment made that would give us that rap........you can't ! What else could be the reason for it JB?

I wont go through what some might consider out of line and some might consider okay, but let's say you were right, and they were given a bad rap. Bart Scott's comment validated that and in some ways adds fuel to a fire that they dont need. It was borderline disgusting and you would NEVER hear that out of most teams. We saw the difference in "class" and coaching. One player was benched for comments...Yet nothing would ever come about in different organizations.

I wont go through what some might consider out of line and some might consider okay, but let's say you were right, and they were given a bad rap. Bart Scott's comment validated that and in some ways adds fuel to a fire that they dont need. It was borderline disgusting and you would NEVER hear that out of most teams. We saw the difference in "class" and coaching. One player was benched for comments...Yet nothing would ever come about in different organizations.

So what you are saying is that the Patriots are the class. Welker was benched for crossing BB and going against him.....that's the only reason, not for WHAT he said, don't confuse the two and make them out as classy. True about the Scott comment....it just gives the Jet bashers more ammo. You also have to remember the NY media is brutal. 80% of the NFL don't have every single thing that's said or done outed by 150 reporters on a daily basis. It's a lot easier in the smaller markets to keep the lid on the knuckleheads.....make no mistake, every team has them.

After the Packers shut the Jets out at home, Rex Ryan said in his post game presser, "They're the better team today, I guess."

That is the kind of stuff that gets them a bad rep. Not a very humble team. A very cocky team who has not accomplished anything.

So what you are saying is that the Patriots are the class. Welker was benched for crossing BB and going against him.....that's the only reason, not for WHAT he said, don't confuse the two and make them out as classy. True about the Scott comment....it just gives the Jet bashers more ammo. You also have to remember the NY media is brutal. 80% of the NFL don't have every single thing that's said or done outed by 150 reporters on a daily basis. It's a lot easier in the smaller markets to keep the lid on the knuckleheads.....make no mistake, every team has them.

Where did I say the Patriots were classy. Never came out of my mouth. And I know the Boston media is like cupcakes and puppy dogs.

Where did I say the Patriots were classy. Never came out of my mouth. And I know the Boston media is like cupcakes and puppy dogs.

I love how New Yorkers think that us small markets go easy on our teams. Because New York is the center of the sporting world.

After the Packers shut the Jets out at home, Rex Ryan said in his post game presser, "They're the better team today, I guess."

That is the kind of stuff that gets them a bad rep. Not a very humble team. A very cocky team who has not accomplished anything.

What's wrong with that comment..please. Second year in the AFC Championship game, not bad for having a rookie QB. Every team in the NFL is cocky.... you won't win too many games if you don't believe you will win every game you play. Most teams just don't speak about it. If they don't back it up it makes it easier to bash them........that's the risk you take.

We saw the difference in "class" and coaching. One player was benched for comments...Yet nothing would ever come about in different organizations.

So who were you comparing with? Boston is in the 20% that has tough media JB......obviously!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back