The Official Patrick Reed Thread

I'm not a fan of Reed's actions today, although the "thank you" rather than "sorry" makes me understand them. Without the cameras, the money and viewership isn't there and that is what drives the prize money so I'm not a fan of this becoming a thing.

But in his defense, don't carry change on a golf course (or off it for that matter...)

I'm not a fan of Reed's actions today, although the "thank you" rather than "sorry" makes me understand them. Without the cameras, the money and viewership isn't there and that is what drives the prize money so I'm not a fan of this becoming a thing.

I think it's expected that the camera people are respectful of the players, though. Jingling change in your pocket ten feet away from a player while he's setting up for a shot is just asking to be yelled at. And politely asked to leave.

I think it's expected that the camera people are respectful of the players, though. Jingling change in your pocket ten feet away from a player while he's setting up for a shot is just asking to be yelled at. And politely asked to leave.

I can't imagine what the cameraman was thinking. It's probably a just habit he was no doubt unaware he was even doing it.

Maybe I'm by myself on this one, but I think Reed is way too sensitive and that kind of behavior is just ridiculous, yes they're professionals, yes they're playing for money, but why does it have to be perfectly quiet at all times. And if it's not, handle it better than sending them away like they're your kids and you're putting them in timeout, come on man!
giphy.gif

Maybe I'm by myself on this one, but I think Reed is way too sensitive and that kind of behavior is just ridiculous, yes they're professionals, yes they're playing for money, but why does it have to be perfectly quiet at all times. And if it's not, handle it better than sending them away like they're your kids and you're putting them in timeout, come on man!
giphy.gif

I agree with you 100%

giphy.gif

It’s similar to if you’re putting on the green, and I slam on the brakes or put it in reverse right as you transition on your putt. You’re going to flinch, it’s a natural reaction when startled with something unexpected.

I guess my only comment is, shouldn’t the cameraman know better than that if he’s been doing this a while?

Reed has one of the nicest transition timing at the top of his swing, on tour!

It’s similar to if you’re putting on the green, and I slam on the brakes or put it in reverse right as you transition on your putt. You’re going to flinch, it’s a natural reaction when startled with something unexpected.

I guess my only comment is, shouldn’t the cameraman know better than that if he’s been doing this a while?

I am confused by that part too. I couldn’t hear anything until he started walking (I assume he started walking). Then Patrick hit his pocket and made the noise I thought I heard. If that microphone wasn’t picking it up it couldn’t have been horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess my only comment is that "slamming on the brakes" is much different than a slight jingling in someone's pocket... either way, Reed can play how he wants.

Exactly. Noise is noise but if it's quiet and then something makes noise in your stroke it's no bueno. IMO there's not a person here that in a similar situation playing for their livelihood wouldn't have said something. The cameraman definitely should have known better

giphy.gif

I agree you with, I didn’t read your post, but anytime anyone posts a Michael Scott gif - I think we’re on the same wavelength

I agree with Reed's general point, and the initial "thanks" was a bit ridiculous. But his reaction was a bit overboard.

But my gut is there were previous issues between the parties to lead it to go that far.

I agree with Reed's general point, and the initial "thanks" was a bit ridiculous. But his reaction was a bit overboard.

But my gut is there were previous issues between the parties to lead it to go that far.

He's playing on the Euro tour this week. I could totally see Reed comparing this to some kind of issue Euros have against him because of the Ryder Cup, which to him justifies his overreaction.

Could have just shushed him.
Patrick-Reed-shussing-768x424.jpg

If I had to get pick one side I'd take Reed's in this case. No excuse for that level of ignorance from the camera crew, and if it was deliberate they should never be allowed on a course again.

I understand where Reed is coming from, but he could have handled it differently. He didn’t do himself any favors with a lot people as he appears to be a bit of a spoiled brat.

I think he was being reasonable, but his reputation precedes him (kind of like a certain someone from England).

I think he was being reasonable, but his reputation precedes him (kind of like a certain someone from England).
That's my take too, it sounds like he had the right to be upset, and the guy was a but of a jerk, but he came off poorly, and will yet to benefit of the doubt.

giphy.gif

The bloke doesn’t speak to his own Mum, it’s no surprise he’s a dick to a cameraman.

Who is the certain someone from England ? Poulter ?

I’m not really a Patrick Reed fan (although he is growing on me......until the Ryder cup when I go back to hating him LOL), but I saw nothing wrong with his actions at all. I’ve been on the receiving end of a far worse reaction from a certain European player....... even though it was the dick stood next to me jangling his pockets!

#FiberLaunch

I've got absolutely no problems with how Reed handled this (and I'm hardly a Reed apologist).

That is ridiculous that someone would do that who's getting paid to be there.

I cant agree more with this. Everyone is bagging on Reed but what about the clown tossing coins in his pocket while someone is getting ready to hit? And don't tell me "he could of handled it better" his caddy gave him the beef and the dude still kept doing it.

Last edited:
Back