The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate being an intern sometimes, can't play golf when it's 70 and sunny out. Going to be a rough wait to play again. June can't come quick enough

Each situation is very different. That's true.

I'd personally rather be debt free then worry about tax breaks. But that's just me.

Also, itemizing only works when you have more than the standard deduction. We had less than $8,000 in itemized deductions, so we used the $12,000 standard deduction. I haven't been able to itemize since the late 1980's when you could write off so much more interest paid.

Although, 11% of our utilities, mortgage interest among other things went to my business expenses which helped a lot.

There are credits though, which come off your income though, but I don't have any of those on our regular income. But you still are spending a ton more than what those credits are, so those who aren't spending that money are coming out ahead even though they can't claim a credit!

I already put the max allowed in my 401k. We've been talking about that 2nd home being an RV. We figured out that 47% of my income goes to federal, state and local taxes combined with health insurance. That's depressing.

I was talking more the lines of IRA or Roths for the kids or some investment in another retirement fund.

The rental property is great especially if you buy cheap and have the cash to support if it's empty.

So shocker I am trying to go home and I have a delta flight and guess what. ITS DELAYED. So now I am going to miss my connection and I do not get home till 10pm tonight(If they plane actually shows up and isnt broken down). Other 2 flights are already oversold. missing my nephews bday. I hate this airline..

So shocker I am trying to go home and I have a delta flight and guess what. ITS DELAYED. So now I am going to miss my connection and I do not get home till 10pm tonight(If they plane actually shows up and isnt broken down). Other 2 flights are already oversold. missing my nephews bday. I hate this airline..

Man you have had a spout lately with flying.

Each situation is very different. That's true.

I'd personally rather be debt free then worry about tax breaks. But that's just me.

Debt free is good in many instances but at the end of the day it's about having enough to live on when retired. Social security sure won't be paying me enough to survive.

So if my home payment has 5% interest and my return is 15% the investment would be more beneficial long term.

Debt free is good in many instances but at the end of the day it's about having enough to live on when retired. Social security sure won't be paying me enough to survive.

So if my home payment has 5% interest and my return is 15% the investment would be more beneficial long term.

How we have to look at things long term.

I am hiring a new Program Manager. It is a reasonable well paid position and you get to work for the best boss ever.

I haven't had a single applicant.

I am hiring a new Program Manager. It is a reasonable well paid position and you get to work for the best boss ever.

Dude I would work for you.. Relocating to warm weather yes please

Put me in coach!

Where do I send my resume? Not kidding..

My iPod Classic finally crapped out on me. It's been a good 6 years though. Time to get with the times and put music on my phone now, I guess.

One post on here and you've got multiple. THP is better than any "job" site...

Don't Ever Leave The Airport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fupresti,
I removed the email address, but guys can PM you. You will thank me for not getting inundated with SPAM from bots that pick it up.

Ricky APPLY NOW

Arizona rocks Ricky. Golf year round.

I have 15 years programming experience......................programming my DVR that is. Is that a deal breaker?

I would like to Headbutt this day in the face.

Dude you and me both, it has been kicking my ass since I woke up!

I wanted to headbutt yesterday in the face.

Have a Yuengling, relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back