The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where to put this, but rants seems like as good as anywhere else. My parents just moved up from Virginia. That's not a bad thing. For the first time in 8 years I have gotten to spend regular time with them. Mom is 73 and is doing well. Dad is 72, and is not, not at all. He has been having what was described as memory problems for a while now, but now I have had a chance to really see hime for extended periods up close, and it's disheartening. His short term memory is pretty much shot, but that's not what scares the **** out of me. He will be in the middle of doing something, and then suddenly just stop. It looks like someone hit the pause button on him. You can snap him out of it pretty easily, but it's clear he had no idea that he completely zoned out. And it happens kinda often.

They will be here through the holidays, and then head back to VA for the winter and be back here in the spring. Mom told me they are going to do one of those full-day examinations on Dad when they go back to VA. Mom thinks he has the onset of dementia. I don't know what to think about that word. It scares me to death.

I am glad they are here so I can take more care of them. I have no brothers or sisters. But now I'm afraid I missed the window of time to enjoy them at their best.

I haven't had any luck there either. And after wearing several things it feels very synthetic against my skin. I'm a bit disappointed honestly.
Have you tried the performance cotton pique polos?

I forgot to pick up my son at his after school program. I was only 15 mins late by the time I got there, but I felt like the worst father in the world.

Poor kid forgot to get picked up off the bus by his grandfather last week, now this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passive aggressive emails at work. I try to help and get things prepared for the next step, but someone took that as trying to go over their head and sends out an accusation of me asking to go around protocol - only without even having the balls to name me. Makes me furious.

Trying to figure out how my driver swing was so good last month and is now complete garbage. I have an alternate shot tournament next week and I'm dreading it, I have zero confidence on the tee box right now.

USPS' tracking is garbage.

USPS' tracking is garbage.
Yes it is, though FedEx and UPS has been terrible lately to, for me.

Xm radio was supposed to be here today, nope. Looked at tracking info "we were unable to load you package on the plane"

What the hell.

Sitting in a tractor all day, with nothing but "country" music is driving me crazy.

Yes it is, though FedEx and UPS has been terrible lately to, for me.

Xm radio was supposed to be here today, nope. Looked at tracking info "we were unable to load you package on the plane"

What the hell.

Sitting in a tractor all day, with nothing but "country" music is driving me crazy.

At least ups and fedex actually track. All I ever get from USPS is the info has been sent to usps even when I have shipping confirmation. Then all of a sudden it just randomly says its delivered. I'd like to at least have an estimated delivery date so I can schedule something that requires me to have a part in hand.

I've never seen the unable to load on to plane message before but I did see this once.
41289_152256061451829_6687075_n.jpg

Also love the one time I ordered something in the Bronx and it went down to Tennessee then back to the Bronx then to Ronkonkoma. So it went South when all it had to do was go 50 or so miles east. Actually I got that one too.
539294_462357330441699_636953208_n.jpg

Trying to figure out how my driver swing was so good last month and is now complete garbage. I have an alternate shot tournament next week and I'm dreading it, I have zero confidence on the tee box right now.
Yea, I feel ya. Mine went south, too. I haven't hit big block slices in forever, but yet, here they are.

waiting on the IRS to answer the phone. "your wait time is estimated at 45 minutes to 60 minutes"

Don't get me started dude! We were getting letters that didn't make any sense, and every time I'd call, it would end in " The nature of your call cannot be answered at this time - please call back" We wen't through this for months - never were able to talk to anyone! We had to get our tax guy involved. Unconstitutional organization imo anyway - but that's for another day lol

Just got a call to bail a family member (cousin) out of jail....

I know he and his wife were having problems, I fear the worst.
But I am on my way to get him.

Yea, I seem to be that person in my family. You do what you have to though - someone has to be responsible, right? Hope it wasn't as bad as you feared CJ.

The Official Rant of the Day

Found out yesterday I was a victim of credit card fraud. Talk about putting a bad ending to an already horrible Friday. Funny thing they got a card I don't use when I travel for business, so they obviously had some sort of device to pull the numbers as all the expected charges were from a swiped card.
Found it kind of funny at the amount of charges they hit up McDonalds and Burger King for...$300 in a week and a half. All in all it looks like they hit us for $1000+.

Found out yesterday I was a victim of credit card fraud. Talk about putting a bad ending to an already horrible Friday. Funny thing they got a card I don't use when I travel for business, so they obviously had some sort of device to pull the numbers as all the expected charges were from a swiped card.
Found it kind of funny at the amount of charges they hit up McDonalds and Burger King for...$300 in a week and a half. All in all it looks like they hit us for $1000+.

That sucks Matt, hopefully they clear that up quick. We got hit with that about 3 years ago, thankfully they caught it quick because they realized the card was normally used for sub $100 purchases in MA then $3k got racked up at 2 sporting goods stores in Michigan. But the headache of having to change CC numbers all over the place was a pain.

My rant - drama queen family members. It's bad enough when they act up when we're at family events together, but when they drag things into the public, it's sickening. Won't go into too much detail, but publicly demanding comments of sympathy on events from 10+ years ago and passive aggressive insults to your immediate family for NOT making fawning comments is just BS. The sense of entitlement and selfishness from someone who's over 40 years old is just.... ugh.

That sucks Matt, hopefully they clear that up quick. We got hit with that about 3 years ago, thankfully they caught it quick because they realized the card was normally used for sub $100 purchases in MA then $3k got racked up at 2 sporting goods stores in Michigan. But the headache of having to change CC numbers all over the place was a pain.

My rant - drama queen family members. It's bad enough when they act up when we're at family events together, but when they drag things into the public, it's sickening. Won't go into too much detail, but publicly demanding comments of sympathy on events from 10+ years ago and passive aggressive insults to your immediate family for NOT making fawning comments is just BS. The sense of entitlement and selfishness from someone who's over 40 years old is just.... ugh.

Exactly now it's time to try and remember which bills are being auto paid from that debit card. Such a hassle.

The Oshkosh USPS sorting facility is where packages go to die, apparently.

The Oshkosh USPS sorting facility is where packages go to die, apparently.
That sucks.

My house disappeared once, according to the usps. Haha.

DFW airport is a train wreck on the organization front.

Lol its snowing shoot me now

Omg it's snowing already? Ohiovegas isn't awesome

It was 20-something when I woke up this morning. Honestly, it's mid 40s now and really nice out - I'm cleaning out my car. But my rant is that golf season for me is nearly over. Maybe 3-4 good rounds left. Going to try to travel at least once during the cold months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back