The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
$35 million dollar new building filled with 100s of thousands in electronics and the roof leaks in 100 places.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

$35 million dollar new building filled with 100s of thousands in electronics and the roof leaks in 100 places.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Let me guess, government building?

It's mind boggling how some people overestimate the naivety of others.

One of the most annoying things ever. Being that I teach teenagers who do this daily, I can say that.

One of the most annoying things ever. Being that I teach teenagers who do this daily, I can say that.

Extends to college students (co-ops)around the office as well. They dont realize that everyone has their eyes on them and that every move they make is being measured. Yet they constantly lie, even when they don't have to. They think saying what someone wants to hear is better than the actual truth, when it reality, there is absolutely nothing negative about the truth.

Sounds like my customers. It would make life easier on the both of us if they would not try to hide something from me. It's a sad state of affairs when the honest person is the exception rather than the rule.

Shoulder inflammation sucks

Shoulder inflammation sucks

I have dealt with it in my wrist for the better part of 2 years. Nothing works except time off, and it sucks.

I have dealt with it in my wrist for the better part of 2 years. Nothing works except time off, and it sucks.

We need to get JRod in here to talk about wrist pain. I've had plenty of flare-ups after 20 years of golf and hockey, but I know people have it worse.

We need to get JRod in here to talk about wrist pain. I've had plenty of flare-ups after 20 years of golf and hockey, but I know people have it worse.

Yeah its rough. After taking a long time off, its feeling pretty good, so that should help. Worst thing I ever did was play when it was inflamed. Left me in rough shape for days/weeks. Long standing sports injuries just add up and now I am feeling it in other areas (left knee). First things first though, this hernia needs to get fixed.

I got a massage today, it should help, but wow am sore right now. I sounded like a shotgun when she was digging into me

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

It's mind boggling how some people overestimate the naivety of others.

it truly is. Love the excuses used to why it was kept hidden. Oh well it's life and I know who I can trust and can't

There is a turtle trying to climb our fence and the dogs are going NUTS! It's been a non-stop bark fest for 2 hours.
Does it look something like this:

SMW_Fence.PNG

bet it doesnt (pic was jacked up)

Last edited:
This could be my last project. Tired of lazy people that want to short cut sh!t. Then when I pull them up on it....I'm the a$$hole. Eff that. Take pride in what you do! Or carry your A$$ to track home job where mediocrity is accepted.

Hang in Kev. Half A$$ work sucks. I know you cant tolerate it at your level either.

JM

This could be my last project. Tired of lazy people that want to short cut sh!t. Then when I pull them up on it....I'm the a$$hole. Eff that. Take pride in what you do! Or carry your A$$ to track home job where mediocrity is accepted.
I'm always in the tough spot of being asked to deliver the world and do everything top-notch...except nobody wants to pay for it.
They want everything bid and priced at minimum code and then want us to deliver top tier everything.

It's all about the money these days unfortunately, not about the pride or craftsmanship anymore.

My immune system of steel has failed me again. JB came home from Cali sick, I was so careful to wash my hands every time I gave him food or medicine and I still got sick.

It's just a head cold, but it's annoying.

I'm always in the tough spot of being asked to deliver the world and do everything top-notch...except nobody wants to pay for it.
They want everything bid and priced at minimum code and then want us to deliver top tier everything.

It's all about the money these days unfortunately, not about the pride or craftsmanship anymore.

Normally that's the case, but not on this job. This is top shelf everything. Granted the expectation is there that if you bid then craftsmanship is not negotiable. This is a residential job, that is being watched by architectural digest and a few other publications. Which is ok in itself. But at the end of this job anyone how worked on it, we all hang our name and integrity on it. Clients can move out, our names stay right there for eternity. It's all about Pride.

My immune system of steel has failed me again. JB came home from Cali sick, I was so careful to wash my hands every time I gave him food or medicine and I still got sick.

It's just a head cold, but it's annoying.

Damn GG that's no good. We need to build a bubble when he brings the crud home.

Of course........

Regulations bring in the lowest bidder with the most diverse work force. Quality is a tertiary concern. Thank those you vote for.

I'd come work for you but I can't commute that far anymore. Well that and I don't like having a boss that's an a$$hole :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back