The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks James I hope it finds its way to the trash can.

Politicians and their absolute lack of intelligence truly pisses me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That hhhhhhrrrrrtt! feeling when you realized you missed a college assignment. Hopefully I get partial credit at least.

Politicians.

This....wonderful....state has legislators that created a bill to be heard, tomorrow, which is titled to be about teacher raises. However, in that bill, it would eliminate insurance for all educators and fund a "raise" from that. Basically, with the way the math would work out, my take home would be about 1100.00 a month.

Apparently the uproar has surprised them and its been tabled. In other words, they will try to sneak it into another HB.

Mark my words, should something like that pass, I'm done, resignation in. 48th in the state in education and want to do something that would increase the teacher shortage we already by 400%+.

Asinine. So sick of this bull----.

That's ridiculous dude, I hate what our education system has become. Thank you for being a teacher James, I know it's often a thankless position but you guys made a difference in my life as well as my kids lives. Hang in there, our system needs folks like you.

I'll never understand why education is taken so lightly. Did every politician attend private school or do think the rest just don't need advantages in life. I mean teachers are shaping the kids of our next generation that will lead, teach, Doctor, lawyer.....whatever!

I hate this for you James and any other educator that gets treated like this

I'm so tired of being cold. I know others have it much worse, and I honestly have no clue how they do it. Luckily we get a little warmth Friday and Saturday before going downhill again Sunday

Politicians.

This....wonderful....state has legislators that created a bill to be heard, tomorrow, which is titled to be about teacher raises. However, in that bill, it would eliminate insurance for all educators and fund a "raise" from that. Basically, with the way the math would work out, my take home would be about 1100.00 a month.

Apparently the uproar has surprised them and its been tabled. In other words, they will try to sneak it into another HB.

Mark my words, should something like that pass, I'm done, resignation in. 48th in the state in education and want to do something that would increase the teacher shortage we already by 400%+.

That makes no sense - which is precisely why somewhere along the line it will pass. Unreal James..

The cart return thing drives me insane, literally insane! I get so mad when I see it, my blood starts to boil. I want to find those people and shove the cart into them, then run them over with it filled with hundreds of pounds of groceries. It may be my biggest pet peeve.

Be passive aggressive like I am, walk up and get the cart and yell out to them, "I'll take care of it!"

Wow JMan, sounds like all the teachers should just walk out. send the idiots a clear message.

Just bought new tires. Bye bye tax return... and a little extra.

I'm so tired of being cold. I know others have it much worse, and I honestly have no clue how they do it. Luckily we get a little warmth Friday and Saturday before going downhill again Sunday
It's a valid rant regardless. Cold is cold.

I'm moving Saturday and it's going to be a high of 10° and a low of -9°. And I'm just going to be glad that it'll be dry…

It's a valid rant regardless. Cold is cold.

I'm moving Saturday and it's going to be a high of 10° and a low of -9°. And I'm just going to be glad that it'll be dry…
I couldn't do it dude, good luck

Politicians.

Yeah, because why would a State want healthy educators.. That seems silly.

Bet they aren't gouging their cadillac plans to support the workforce any time soon.

When I worked for local government, I knew that by the time my career was over we would no longer have pensions or any of our other benefits.

Does the state control your health benefits and stuff there? Here it is done by the individual county for teachers I'm fairly certain.

Politicians.

Do the school districts themselves have local funding sources? Here in VA the individual counties/cities have their own budgets and set teacher salaries based upon that, the state kicks in some money but much come from local taxes (property taxes primarily), and salaries are determined at the district level. Typically a county board of supervisors get the FY budget requests in, decide what funding levels will be provided and set assessments accordingly.

The bill you describe simply reflects the priorities of the electorate that voted these people into office, and absolute minimum taxation appears to be preferable to improving teacher incentives/retention through better pay.

Like just doesn't believe in it or just doesn't have it
"Okay i need to tell you something, but don't freak out.... So i called my guy and apparently ive been driving the truck for over a year without insurance on it...." Seriously? He's going to pay out of pocket, but my wife and i check like once a month to make sure we have our little insurance cards in the car now (as it's a fine without) and i'm pretty sure i know when i do/don't have insurance on my vehicles...

Standing at the counter at McDonalds and after placing your order, realizing your wallet is on your desk at the office.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Standing at the counter at McDonalds and after placing your order, realizing your wallet is on your desk at the office.

Apple Pay?

McDonalds take IOUs?
You know how you stand around waiting for your golf buddies to give you that 3 foot putt...that was me at the counter after telling her, I forgot my wallet. No such luck...ha

Apple Pay?
First thing I thought of. But I have Android, and haven't taken the time to search for Google Pay or something similar. Think i'll be doing that this afternoon, could have been a lifesaver.

The post script (that I posted in the happy thread) was I got by on the 2 for $2 meal with the loose change in my cup holder. So it probably helped my efforts this week in The Biggest Loser thread :D

the smell of death is emanating from the fireplace, so the critter guy came to remove the carcass. he had to cut a hole in the chimney structure from the outside to fish it out, then put a vent that can be opened or shut over the hole. wouldn't ya know, he wasn't able to retrieve the d@mn thing and thinks it's on top of the firebox, meaning he'd have to cut another hole higher up. we are leaving the vent open hoping that smell goes away. but if it doesn't, i'm looking at another $350 and i'll be $725 into this guy. oh, and when he was cutting into the stack he said he found what looks like termite damage. i had to let the bond lapse because we just didn't have the money to keep it up at the time. fml

That would be enough to make me move I think.

I did that a couple of years ago at a Chick-fil-a.....one of the reasons I started carrying a money clip and always have "some cash" on me.

I did that a couple of years ago at a Chick-fil-a.....one of the reasons I started carrying a money clip and always have "some cash" on me.
yep, think I'm going to stash a $20 bill in the little compartment in the cargo section of the SUV for future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back