The Official Tiger Woods Thread

10405627_10153684321602782_4378280307653862708_n.jpg

He's done.

Dude should just retire before he embarrasses himself.

Pretty classy of Tiger to call Arnold and speak to him personally. I might be wrong but I think this is the first time that Mcelroy has even entered Arnie's tournamant. If that is the case, where has he been and why take the route of what some might consider a lack of courtesy to Arnie. Maybe he had good reasons, maybe my memory is wrong and Rory has played in Arnies event. I really feel it reflects poorly on Rory if this is the first time Rory elected to play .

Pretty classy of Tiger to call Arnold and speak to him personally. I might be wrong but I think this is the first time that Mcelroy has even entered Arnie's tournamant. If that is the case, where has he been and why take the route of what some might consider a lack of courtesy to Arnie. Maybe he had good reasons, maybe my memory is wrong and Rory has played in Arnies event. I really feel it reflects poorly on Rory if this is the first time Rory elected to play .

Nice little shot at Rory while trying to make Tiger look better. Maybe my memory is wrong, but I'm pretty sure Rory is only 25 aaand he's previously played a lot of European Tour golf in addition to his PGA schedule. I'd have to say your feeling that it reflects "really poorly" on him is a bit dramatic. Just like everyone else, and as is his right, he plays the tournaments he thinks will best prepare him for the Masters.

He's done.

Dude should just retire before he embarrasses himself.

I think it is a little late for that..............and I agree.

I think it is a little late for that..............and I agree.
I spoke to Bernhard about this yesterday and has no clue why Tiger keeps changing his swing. Also thinks he will make it back but will take some time once he gets sorted. But did say the longer it takes the harder and slimmer the chances of him gain top spot.

Nice little shot at Rory while trying to make Tiger look better. Maybe my memory is wrong, but I'm pretty sure Rory is only 25 aaand he's previously played a lot of European Tour golf in addition to his PGA schedule. I'd have to say your feeling that it reflects "really poorly" on him is a bit dramatic. Just like everyone else, and as is his right, he plays the tournaments he thinks will best prepare him for the Masters.

No problem with maybe being a Rory 100% homer . I like Rory as well but on the other hand not my style to just give him a pass on things like this because he is young and possibly thinks other tournaments (other than Arnies) were a better route for him. So we just disagree. One thing I can completely agree with you on is it absolutely was Rory's right to not play at Arnie's tournament. No biggie but I did not say it reflects "really poorly" on him, so all things considered it remains my opinion that I continue to think it reflects poorly on Rory. He made a very wise decision to finally play at Arnie's tourney before Arnie, a golf legend , who had a big influence on the game, passes .

I read an interesting article explaining how golfers peak at age 32 when it comes to grand slam events. Less than 10% of all majors were won by players 40 and over since 1960. Tiger might just be too old to win another major.

Here's the link. http://www.golfchannel.com/news/joe-posnanski/does-age-really-matter-golf-yes-it-does/

An some facts from the article:

So, going back to 1960 here are some facts.
1. The average and median age for major champions is 32. It skews a little younger at the British Open (median of 31) and a little older at the PGA Championship (median of 33), but it’s basically 32. That number has stayed pretty constant for 50-plus years. That’s your peak: age 32.
2. Players 35 and younger have won more than three-quarters of all the majors since 1960. It may be hard to believe, but it’s a young man’s game.
3. Less than 10 percent – just 20 of 216 – of all majors were won by players 40 and over. It does happen, especially at the British Open (the last three British Open champions were all 40-somethings). But since 2000, only one golfer – 41-year-old Vijay Singh – has won a Masters, U.S. Open or PGA Championship.
4. Only two players in the last 54 years – Nicklaus in ’86 and Julius Boros in ’68 – were 46 or older when they won a Grand Slam title.

If he comes back and breaks jacks record it could possibly be the greatest story in golf, sadly if he comes out and misses a bunch of cuts and never recover his short game it could be the saddest story in golf.

its strange how this game can leave you like a thief in the night, David Duval is a great reminder of that.

Last edited:
If he comes back and breaks jacks record it could possibly be the greatest story in golf, sadly if he comes out and misses a bunch of cuts and never recover his short game it could be the saddest story in golf.

Pits strange how this game can leave you like a thief in the night, David Duval is a great reminder of that.
I still want DD to find his form. I agree IF Tiger makes it back in winning form, it will be an epic story. He has won with every swing change so I guess he could win with this one. The glaring difference is he played through the changes in the past. This one is behind closed doors. He not just learning a new swing but learning how to deal with not being the biggest dog in the room. That to me is his biggest hurdle

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-out-top-100-world-rankings

For the first time since 1996, Tiger Woods is not one of the top 100 players in the Official World Golf Rankings.

Woods has not been on the outside looking in since Sept. 29, 1996, when he was ranked No. 225 and had only been a professional for one month. The next week, Woods won his first PGA Tour event at the Las Vegas Invitational and jumped to No. 75 in the world, the lowest he would be ranked for the next 19 years.

The major winners in 1996 were Nick Faldo, Steve Jones, Tom Lehman and Mark Brooks. The top 5 ranked players were Greg Norman, Lehman, Colin Montgomerie, Ernie Els and Fred Couples.
In his career, Woods has accumulated a record 683 total weeks as the world's No. 1 ranked player, including 11 different runs at the top. The 14-time major winner set the record for most consecutive weeks atop the rankings in a span from August 1999 to September 2004 and topped his own record with 281 straight weeks at No. 1 from June 2005 to October 2010. Woods' last run as No. 1 was from March 2013 to May 2014.

"With the deadline for the Shell Houston Open having passed, Tiger Woods has missed his last chance to prepare in competition for the April 9-12 Masters. He has played only 47 holes of tournament golf this season – none since Feb. 5 and his self-imposed exile. What can we expect from Woods at Augusta National?"

Has there been any official word on whether Tiger will be playing at Augusta this year? Doesn't look too promising.

I haven't seen any official word one way or the other. If Tiger does play, he will not win and I am guessing he won't even make the cut. No more major titles for Tiger.

I think Tiger has one more major win left in him..either way he'll go down in history as one of the greatest golfers to ever play the game.

I agree that it looks more and more like Tiger will miss the Masters. If he isn't getting a single tournament of prep in before a major I don't think he takes his chances. I'm sure he saw at the criticism he got when he tried to come back for his last couple tournaments and he does not want to see it again. I expect him to take his time and come back for a tournament or two before the next major.

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

He came back after his scandal and played at Augusta tournament cold. IMO there's just no way he's missing this one. You can skip your Bay Hill's and such, but you don't skip one of the four majors if you're healthy.

He came back after his scandal and played at Augusta tournament cold. IMO there's just no way he's missing this one. You can skip your Bay Hill's and such, but you don't skip one of the four majors if you're healthy.

This is where I stand. He is healthy, so there is simply no reason to skip this one.

I agree that it looks more and more like Tiger will miss the Masters. If he isn't getting a single tournament of prep in before a major I don't think he takes his chances. I'm sure he saw at the criticism he got when he tried to come back for his last couple tournaments and he does not want to see it again. I expect him to take his time and come back for a tournament or two before the next major.
Didn't he do this in 2010 when he backed into a top 10 with a good final round
Edit: a lead been asked

didn't he actually do decent that weekend to or was that like the following year. Was thinking he's been in the top 10 at the master's since all of that went down.

Didn't he do this in 2010 when he backed into a top 10 with a good final round
Edit: a lead been asked
Yes I had thought of that also, but we also didn't see his game take such a collapse like we saw in his last couple of tournaments. I think he has even more pressure now than he did then

didn't he actually do decent that weekend to or was that like the following year. Was thinking he's been in the top 10 at the master's since all of that went down.

Think he finished 4th or 5th that year? That was the year when Phil won and the two were paired up. 11 he finished in that giant logjam of players as well. 12 not so good, 13 he was in it too until flagstick-gate on Friday.

Think he finished 4th or 5th that year? That was the year when Phil won and the two were paired up. 11 he finished in that giant logjam of players as well. 12 not so good, 13 he was in it too until flagstick-gate on Friday.
Yea I remember the whole drop-gate/flagstick thing... I'm hoping he plays and has his glutes activated. But I know if he does its going to be all about him on coverage and less on all these younger guys that are killing it now...

Back