The Publix Sub Thread

I really enjoy Pub Subs when I'm in Florida. I probably won't be in Florida again until April, so I'll live vicariously through this thread until then. :LOL:

Just had a Publix sun for lunch and to say I devoured it would be an understatement!

Don't get the love for Publix subs. Sub rolls are hard and dry and taste like cardboard. When I got no choice and they're the only lunch place handy will pick sliced bread of some type but then it really isn't a sub.

Don't get the love for Publix subs. Sub rolls are hard and dry and taste like cardboard. When I got no choice and they're the only lunch place handy will pick sliced bread of some type but then it really isn't a sub.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Just had my first Chicken Tender Sub

GG may or may not be picking me up a Pub Sub on her way home today.
It will be chicken tender, of some variety and I am pretty damn excited.

It was just announced a few weeks ago that Publix was opening it's first store here in Louisville. Won't open till end of 2023 tho.

It was just announced a few weeks ago that Publix was opening it's first store here in Louisville. Won't open till end of 2023 tho.

You will be a convert

Havana Bold or Cuban...also I love a good Philly.

Whenever I see one when I go down south I end up eating at Publix at least once, lol.

My wife, who works from home, informed me this morning that since she has to go to Tallahassee for a doctor visit this afternoon, she was getting one on her way home. I don't think she has anticipated anything quite as much as she's anticipating getting a Publix near the house later this year. I told her to let me know when she was there so she could get me one as well.

They still wouldn't make me the chicken parmigiana sub for him, but I told the manager how to make it and suggested they add it to the menu. Yup, I'm still the progressive commercial people, lol.
I'm pretty sure we're related somehow. 🤣

I have to agree the bread is not very good. Subs are still good, but could be so much better with better bread.

I'm in the habit of buying 6 or so Publix chicken tenders and then use them to make subs for lunch at home. Takes care of the "What's for lunch?" question 2 or 3 days per week. Can't beat it.

I have to agree the bread is not very good. Subs are still good, but could be so much better with better bread.
Does it hurt being so wrong?

Back