The Relocation Thread

I'd like to live somewhere with a cost of living that isn't insane, a dollar that's not worth peanuts, a year round golf season, and a booming economy.

Does that even exist?

Sign me up for this place if anybody finds it.

I'm looking at relocating, most likely sometime this year. I've had enough of the long winters with sometimes no spring. My Sister and brother-in-law moved near Nashville last year and I've been down to visit and liked the area, but I've always wanted to go back to Texas. Somewhere just outside of Dallas would be ideal.

I'd like to live somewhere with a cost of living that isn't insane, a dollar that's not worth peanuts, a year round golf season, and a booming economy.

Does that even exist?

DFW TX area meets all those

Has anyone lived in New Mexico specifically Carlsbad? The company I work for has a job in that area. I know it offers a decent winter, but will the summer be atrocious?

I live close to there. Summers aren't bad at all. Winters are pretty mild as well.

I'm looking at relocating, most likely sometime this year. I've had enough of the long winters with sometimes no spring. My Sister and brother-in-law moved near Nashville last year and I've been down to visit and liked the area, but I've always wanted to go back to Texas. Somewhere just outside of Dallas would be ideal.

Well I just sold my house or I would have made you a deal:D

I'll be scouting out the Tampa area with the wife Memorial Day week.

Hopefully our minuscule bank account can afford the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got an offer to relocate to Tampa but will turn it down since I cant move right now.

I'll be scouting out the Tampa area with the wife Memorial Day week.

Hopefully our minuscule bank account can afford the area.

It can. Let me know where you are staying. I told you I will chauffer you guys around for a day.

Since I have only lived in a small town in eastern NC my whole life (only 24 years) I am itching to relocate. At this point i have just grown tired of the location and the humidity. The plan is once my wife finishes her nursing program we are going to look at Arizona, Colorado, Texas, possibly Florida but trying to stay away from super humid areas, or maybe even Oregon. Just ready to get out of the area I have been my whole life. I know the grass isn't always greener but I want to at least find out for myself

If anyone wants to relocate to Palm Beach County & open a plumbing business, you could make a fortune, they are all booked everyday all day & behind

It can. Let me know where you are staying. I told you I will chauffer you guys around for a day.

I'm sure we'll be at the local Hampton family my wife is a diamond member.

#baller

#baller

Lot of good Hilton properties for you guys then. When you get close, let me know and I will give you a good central location that falls under her loyalty program.

#baller

Lot of good Hilton properties for you guys then. When you get close, let me know and I will give you a good central location that falls under her loyalty program.

If I might interject from a personal experience. The Homewood Suites by Hilton Westshore (actually closer to TPA) is a great choice. Spacious suites, great service and close to shopping and dining.

The Hampton Westshore is much older I believe. Also a older but very nice Embassy Suites across from Westshore Plaza. I be stayed there and the Homewood on my recent visits.

FnISB8E.png

Just saying.

Ironically its 70* here right now and has been all day.

Ironically its 70* here right now and has been all day.

If I could leave AZ for Florida I would do it in a heartbeat.

FnISB8E.png

Just saying.

Tried Arizona last year. Looking at dirt all day just isn't my thing.

Also 110 in the day dry or not doesn't work for a guy who makes his living outdoors .

Well were actually looking to book this weekend.

We would like to stay around the west chase area.

Also 110 in the day dry or not doesn't work for a guy who makes his living outdoors .

Lol 110...even more than that sometimes.

Everybody always says "But it's a dry heat." Well guess what, when it's 115, dry or not, it's EFFING HOT!!

Well were actually looking to book this weekend.

We would like to stay around the west chase area.

Closest would be Hilton Garden Inn in Oldsmar I believe. You could also book at the Hampton Inn Rocky Point. A tiny bit further, but convenient and beautiful views for a Hampton.

As someone who saw what working outdoors did to his father, its why I made sure my career path would take me from a/c home to a/c office.

Making some conversation with my company in Toronto, may be moving there in a short amount of time.

Back