The Relocation Thread

We've been in the Charlotte area for a couple months now and I must say that so far it's been pretty darn cool. We're close to the mountains, closer to both families, and the lake life has been great.

fantastic city

My grandparents lived in Denver, NC right on Lake Norman for about 15 years and watched the area explode around them. They loved it.

Looking in New Mexico, never thought I'd be saying that in this life time.

Nice, I was born in Santa Fe. Although we moved to Orlando before I could remember any of it my dads always said its one of his favorite places. I've always wanted to visit it.

We're pondering a move to northern Oregon if our current jobs continue to be as stagnant as they are right now. As beautiful as the southern part of the state is, its a blackhole for good career wage type of jobs.

While playing golf with my boss last night, I was asked if I'd be willing to relocate to our company's location in Pottsville, PA, as my type of experience is sorely needed there. No idea on timeline or whether it's even a solid thing yet, but it would get me a lot closer to my family and friends in Jersey and same for my girlfriend as well (PA and VA). I would SORELY miss the wonderful climate out here, but I would definitely seriously consider it if this opportunity does indeed come down the pipe.

Looks like I may be moving down to florida by next year. The girlfriend is worried about switching jobs and getting another when we move(I would get to move locations.) It's looking like clearwater or even palm beach which both seemed great to me but any other florida residents mind chiming in? I've got time to make the decision but man it'll be a difference from Delaware.

Clearwater/Tampa area is going to be a younger demographic. I have spent much of the better part of 40 years in the Clearwater area (although moved around the country for work. Depending on location it can be one of the most desirable places to live in the country. Pinellas County is broken up into pockets and cost of living is based on that. Most areas outside some patches in St Pete, Largo and Pinellas Park are quite desirable though. There are some areas of Clearwater that are a bit older, but its easy to move over half a mile and be in a great location.

Looks like I may be moving down to florida by next year. The girlfriend is worried about switching jobs and getting another when we move(I would get to move locations.) It's looking like clearwater or even palm beach which both seemed great to me but any other florida residents mind chiming in? I've got time to make the decision but man it'll be a difference from Delaware.

Are you talking Palm Beach as in the the town of Palm Beach or Palm Beach County?

Are you talking Palm Beach as in the the town of Palm Beach or Palm Beach County?

county and thanks JB. We look at houses every night and are just excited as this would be our first house together

Brian... Don't look at South Florida dude. You won't enjoy. Do a little cost of living exercise and see how far your dollar goes down there just for starters..

I need to start looking so I can move down to the Green Bay area before winter. Driving back and forth isn't terrible but I'm racking up miles on my vehicle like crazy and spending a ton on gas. I'm pretty sure 9i could get a better apartment and still save money by doing so, not to mention get two hours of my day back.

Brian... Don't look at South Florida dude. You won't enjoy. Do a little cost of living exercise and see how far your dollar goes down there just for starters..

Orlando was thrown out there as well?

Does anyone know a good sight to look for foreclosure homes? Rent where I moved to is ridiculous for what you get. Thinking of going the buying route and wanted to look at all of my options.

Sent from my LGUK410 using Tapatalk

Where would you be in Orlando though is the question. Orlando is a pretty big city

Not entirely sure. Only been to a few places in orlando and not exactly sure I want to deal with tourists

Realtor.com will help with normal sales as well as bank owned sales. Deals on REO's only go so far depending on your situation.

So got word that there is a high likelyhood that I will be moved to FL. I was looking into it, but the way our department is handled they might be moving somethings. Bringing somethings into centralized rolls and somethings to local rolls. Not positive but if it happens I would be either Tampa or Miami, with slim chance in Boca. For the Tampa people where are the better neighborhoods and communities/suburbs? Miami I have a good understanding of since I was born in S. FLA but Tampa is a different world to me.

Tampa is a huge city and the Tampa Bay area even larger including St Pete, Clearwater, etc.
Can you give an idea of where in Tampa you need to be close to?
I have lived in close to every suburb in the entire Tampa Bay area including Clearwater, St Pete, etc.

I used to have to travel to St. Pete for work (the radar systems I wrote software for were there). I remember three distinct things: great food (Salt Rock Grill is awesome), it took me forever to get anywhere, and it's CRAZY flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my dad lives in largo, his brother in clearwater. tampa has some beautiful parts, but getting in and out the last time we were there was a real pain.

Tampa is a huge city and the Tampa Bay area even larger including St Pete, Clearwater, etc.
I have lived in close to every suburb in the entire Tampa Bay area including Clearwater, St Pete, etc.
Agree with this, where you want to be will depend greatly on where work is.

I used to have to travel to St. Pete for work (the radar systems I wrote software for were there). I remember three distinct things: great food (Salt Rock Grill is awesome), it took me forever to get anywhere, and it's CRAZY flat.

my dad lives in largo, his brother in clearwater. tampa has some beautiful parts, but getting in and out the last time we were there was a real pain.

I know tourists find that from time to time, but traffic here is not nearly as bad as traffic in other places. When we lived in Windermere, it was 900 times worse than living here. It all depends on knowing where you are headed.

We literally have everything we would never need and then some with in 12 minutes of our house. That includes 3 malls, about 10 golf courses, etc.

I know tourists find that from time to time, but traffic here is not nearly as bad as traffic in other places. When we lived in Windermere, it was 900 times worse than living here. It all depends on knowing where you are headed.

We literally have everything we would never need and then some with in 12 minutes of our house. That includes 3 malls, about 10 golf courses, etc.

The golf quantity and quality of that whole area does make me kinda jealous. I took up golf after I stopped traveling there for work so I never got to play any of the courses round there.

I just found it tough getting in and out, not so much around town. but you're right, pockets of the greater Orlando area are miles worse. and about to get worserer when they start the ultimate I-4 project. o to have job flexibility, I'd be out of this town.

I just found it tough getting in and out, not so much around town. but you're right, pockets of the greater Orlando area are miles worse. and about to get worserer when they start the ultimate I-4 project. o to have job flexibility, I'd be out of this town.

Whats funny is that most love how easy to get in and out it is because there are three bridges and all of them have access. However most are not driving to the Orlando area, because I4 and I275 is the one area that is constant issue. Its called Malfunction Junction and its terrible. One of the many reasons I am not a fan of the East side of the city...Especially once you leave the Tampa part and are in Brandon, etc. Worked there for a number of years and hated every minute of it.

Then add being even further from Pinellas and the beaches they offer.

Whats funny is that most love how easy to get in and out it is because there are three bridges and all of them have access. However most are not driving to the Orlando area, because I4 and I275 is the one area that is constant issue. Its called Malfunction Junction and its terrible. One of the many reasons I am not a fan of the East side of the city...Especially once you leave the Tampa part and are in Brandon, etc. Worked there for a number of years and hated every minute of it.

Then add being even further from Pinellas and the beaches they offer.

yep, those are the only two access points I've ever used.

Agree with this, where you want to be will depend greatly on where work is.

Rocky Point Dr right off of hwy60 the courtney campbell causeway.

Back