The Rickie Fowler Thread

Absolutely love the respect both of these guys showed to one another. Hope that they have more duels on the course in the years to come.

Buw1Yq3IcAIsWoa.png

Been a fan of his from the beginning, it was hard sometimes because he was inconsistent in his play, then losing his coach and trying to work out swing issues without him I think set him back a little. I'm glad he is working with Butch. I think that will have a long lasting impact on his game and him as a person. I got to meet him and talk to him for a little bit at last years AT&T national. He is a genuine dude and cares about his fans. Hoping he can pull off a major or two next year and give Rory some competition and form that rivalry that golf is looking for. With Tiger golf tried to create one with Duval, Sergio, Mickelson and nothing ever really came about of it.

I have been a Fowler fan for awhile and man this weekend just made me want to watch him more. Plus my signed Rickie Fowler Glove probably has gone up in price due to this weekend.

Been a fan of his from the beginning, it was hard sometimes because he was inconsistent in his play, then losing his coach and trying to work out swing issues without him I think set him back a little. I'm glad he is working with Butch. I think that will have a long lasting impact on his game and him as a person. I got to meet him and talk to him for a little bit at last years AT&T national. He is a genuine dude and cares about his fans. Hoping he can pull off a major or two next year and give Rory some competition and form that rivalry that golf is looking for. With Tiger golf tried to create one with Duval, Sergio, Mickelson and nothing ever really came about of it.

I guess this pretty much establishes the fact that Butch Harmon is the best teacher out there. (I gotta wonder how much more Tiger would've won if he stayed with Butch).

I guess this pretty much establishes the fact that Butch Harmon is the best teacher out there. (I gotta wonder how much more Tiger would've won if he stayed with Butch).

Should be in the Tiger thread, but I still believe Tiger was better with Hank than he was Butch.

After this weekend, I have definitely jumped on the Rickie Fowler FanWagon. He has had a fantastic year and has shown, I believe, more growth as professional athlete than he has in his game itself. He is showing such a maturity and strength of character this year that is just so awesome to see. Add to that his game is consistently on point and you've got the makings of GREAT player and future Major Winner. IMHO

After this weekend, I have definitely jumped on the Rickie Fowler FanWagon. He has had a fantastic year and has shown, I believe, more growth as professional athlete than he has in his game itself. He is showing such a maturity and strength of character this year that is just so awesome to see. Add to that his game is consistently on point and you've got the makings of GREAT player and future Major Winner. IMHO

Agreed my man. He has had an excellent year.

I honestly think that if he had won this major, he would be deserving of POTY. With his finish in the other Majors, he has shown just how good he really is.

I also think it is SOOOO funny to see people dislike him for his hat and fashion. As if that is a legit reason to dislike someone. lol

Always likes him, but now you have to admire the he set out to be a more serious competitor. His maturity and sportsmanship in the course are admirable.

With his marketability, improvement is going to be very worthwhile to him as well.

Good for him. Smart all around.

Absolutely love the respect both of these guys showed to one another. Hope that they have more duels on the course in the years to come.

Buw1Yq3IcAIsWoa.png

I wonder if Rory and Rickie look at each other and realize they can be 'the duo' of this generation.

if they can embrace it, and both perform while having a great time and being actual friends, I think that would be AMAZING for this sport.

I wonder if Rory and Rickie look at each other and realize they can be 'the duo' of this generation.

if they can embrace it, and both perform while having a great time and being actual friends, I think that would be AMAZING for this sport.

Man I hope so dude. I love that they are open and not stuck up, they aren't afraid to let people in with them.

They are very close in age and interest I am willing to bet. So I think there is a natural bond between the two. Unlike other failed duos

Given their relatively young ages, Rickie and Rory may very well be the panacea the PGA needs to reach out to the younger crowd and grow the game.

I always look to see where Rickie is on the leader board, I'm definitely a fan.

Man I hope so dude. I love that they are open and not stuck up, they aren't afraid to let people in with them.
They are very close in age and interest I am willing to bet. So I think there is a natural bond between the two. Unlike other failed duos

The one thing that worries me is the competition aspect. You want to beat each other, but I hope they can put it aside and just embrace the fact that they are going to be stupid rich, and can actually enjoy their careers instead of it being a grind against each other.

The idea of this gets me so fired up and excited for the PGA Tour. Two recognizable, enjoyable athletes full on owning the stage.

Rickie did beat Rory in his one tour victory. Hopefully Rickie can pull a few more out against Rors and really make it interesting.

The one thing that worries me is the competition aspect. You want to beat each other, but I hope they can put it aside and just embrace the fact that they are going to be stupid rich, and can actually enjoy their careers instead of it being a grind against each other.

The idea of this gets me so fired up and excited for the PGA Tour. Two recognizable, enjoyable athletes full on owning the stage.

I hope they grind the way they did last week. It brings the best out in both. I I hope it continues because it will only get better.

I play my friends all the time and want to beat them as bad as they want to beat me. In the end we have a beer and laughter. It's sad that people have me learned how to do this

they both are stupid rich & play together a bit in Jupiter, I think they will always want to beat the other & they are def enjoying there careers

I'm going to say this Rickie is a hella marketer. Today I asked my 3 year old who is favorite golfer was and he told, the guy with the Orange shirt!! Perhaps the Orange shirt works.lol.

I'm going to say this Rickie is a hella marketer. Today I asked my 3 year old who is favorite golfer was and he told, the guy with the Orange shirt!! Perhaps the Orange shirt works.lol.
I saw him at Congressional last year and both days I was there he had a huge following and lots of orange

Hard not to like this guy. Also, great seeing him up on the leaderboard week after week, just needs to seal the deal one of these days!

Hard not to like this guy. Also, great seeing him up on the leaderboard week after week, just needs to seal the deal one of these days!
Yep. Got to talk to him for about 10 mins while he was signing autographs. Very cool dude and was great with the younger fans.

Did anybody see what club he hit on 8 today. Looked to have a weight in the sole and an orange shaft

Did anybody see what club he hit on 8 today. Looked to have a weight in the sole and an orange shaft

Iron? He carries an Amp Forged 2i with Matrix HM2 graphite in it often.

rickie2iron%7Cc%3A520x330.jpg

Best irons Cobra has put out still IMO.

Back