The Rickie Fowler Thread

His game is REALLY there now, and after this come from behind win with the Killer Sunday round today,all he needs for his 1st Major victory is to channel his thought process he had for today's round and the final round of the Players and it'll happen.

His game is REALLY there now, and after this come from behind win with the Killer Sunday round today,all he needs for his 1st Major victory is to channel his thought process he had for today's round and the final round of the Players and it'll happen.

This. The thought process and the mental game. If he can get the drive together I think he’ll really take some trophies. Dude has the game, but I don’t know about his hunger.

Who was it, Hogan, Snead..... said the game of golf is 6". The distance between the ears. At the top level of professional golf, they can ALL hit the shots, it's the mental part of the game that separates the players. Tiger was the best at this. He knew he had most of the players in a tournament beat, and he knew they knew it. Jack Nicklaus too.

Who was it, Hogan, Snead..... said the game of golf is 6". The distance between the ears. At the top level of professional golf, they can ALL hit the shots, it's the mental part of the game that separates the players. Tiger was the best at this. He knew he had most of the players in a tournament beat, and he knew they knew it. Jack Nicklaus too.

Maybe more for the Tiger thread but I agree 100%. Tiger had the whatever you want to call it to win over and over again. As much as I like Ricky I don’t know that he has the hunger to go out and win over and over. That’s not a knock on the guy, I like him a lot, and I can relate. I want to go play my game, if I win a match that’s great, but I care more about enjoying myself. I think that’s Ricky.

Maybe more for the Tiger thread but I agree 100%. Tiger had the whatever you want to call it to win over and over again. As much as I like Ricky I don’t know that he has the hunger to go out and win over and over. That’s not a knock on the guy, I like him a lot, and I can relate. I want to go play my game, if I win a match that’s great, but I care more about enjoying myself. I think that’s Ricky.
Good call. Copied and pasted my comments to the Tiger thread.

No Sunday Rickie comments today! What a badass round of golf for the W!

This one?

0b87b70448bceabdfeb5fb15834d2116.jpg

Really liked those when we got the intro and shot video with grant. I should have taken one when he told me to, that and the other piece, but it would have been strange to take that considering the circumstances haha

No Sunday Rickie comments today! What a badass round of golf for the W!

When saw that flash on my phone I couldnt believe it. What a freaking strong round.

I'd rock the P hat for sure. Would look great with the blue THP 1/4 Zip.

I agree. I've compared him to Freddie Couples in that sort of "liking winning more than hating losing" mindset. It can make for stretches of extraordinary golf, like the front 9 today, or the back 9 at the Player's in 2015. He can get into the flow of a round and it's like the cup is bigger than a punch bowl for him. But I think most major tournaments are laid out and set up to frustrate that kind of golfer.

It's never been a secret that Rickie can go crazy low. The big question is whether he can avoid those meltdown rounds, even if it means resorting to grinding.

Also, those Puma hats look like a throwback MLB cap. I'm not sure if I like them or not, but every time I look at them, I think, "Pittsburgh Pirates, circa 1932."

He played great today!

He will fold or will he? I’d love to see him and Tiger in the final group on Sunday.

I’d love to see that at the pga

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize to all of the Rickie fans...I jinxed him! :beat-up:

He seems like a great guy, I can't help but like and root for him, but he is, was, and apparently always will be "Big hat, No cattle".

So, how's that gonna affect him in the playoffs. I don't mean the strain. I mean him pulling out of the NT.

not a big deal. Hell guys have won the FedEx cup skipping events. Heck Furyk got DQ'd from the first one back in 2010 and still won the whole thing.

So, how's that gonna affect him in the playoffs. I don't mean the strain. I mean him pulling out of the NT.

He's 17th currently. I think he can miss a week without it affecting his ability to move forward. Better a week off than making this worse at this point. I'm more worried about Ryder Cup performance.

Bacterial infection:

In a text message to Golfweek, Fowler said at the tail end of his honeymoon – he got married the first week of October – he came down with Campylobacter jejuni, which is among the most common bacterial infections and leads to cramps, fever, pain and diarrhea.

Comments, @campilobaxter ?

Back