The River Club Golf Course Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Getting a chance to play this during the week and wanted to get some information up on it. Will have thoughts and pictures after the round and will put those in place of the stock images.

Played today with forum member mward and the wind was howling. It was a fun day and hopefully the pictures give some insight into the course. The greens were crazy fast today and the pin placements made this one rather difficult.

6yma8apy.jpg

u9u5abez.jpg

qede8yry.jpg

5yve9u3e.jpg

y5uhesu7.jpg

Check out mward using his 15th club...

my9ane5a.jpg

2evusahe.jpg

4apugamu.jpg

8eze6uhy.jpg

The semi island hole here we were both inside of 135 out and I had to hit my 165 yard club and still came up short as the wind was dead in our face.

buqyvyqe.jpg

5etu2u3a.jpg

Hitting through this shoot on 18 was not easy. I managed to split it here to finish with a nice par to end the round.

a5u4a3up.jpg

Last edited:
Where in Florida is it located, JB?

Looking forward to it JB, but again I just have to ask, who are playing these courses at 7000 yards. Just seems like overkill to me but that's another topic.

• Admin
Looking forward to it JB, but again I just have to ask, who are playing these courses at 7000 yards. Just seems like overkill to me but that's another topic.
I have actually played River Club from the tips a few times, which is something that I do not often do, but there are many golfers in the area that tip this course out a good bit due to the course actually having some holes that bring elevation change in to play.

Looks like most of the yardage is 3 of the par 5's and two par 4's. Those two par 4's are straight forward if I remember the hole by hole layout. It's long, but not overly ridiculous.

My guess is JB is tipping this one out for sure.

I have actually played River Club from the tips a few times, which is something that I do not often do, but there are many golfers in the area that tip this course out a good bit due to the course actually having some holes that bring elevation change in to play.

Elevation? That sounds interesting. Are we talking uphill greens or do you hit down into a couple of them?

#16 on this course is one of my favorites in all of Sarasota. Dogleg left Par 4, with an island green. A well placed tee shot will leave you with a mid/short iron in to the green, but not only is it an island green, it is also surrounded by bunkers.

Elevation? That sounds interesting. Are we talking uphill greens or do you hit down into a couple of them?
Some slightly uphill. One short Par 4, Hole #6, the last 150 yards is straight downhill. Number 18 has a HUGE drop off from the tee box.

This looks like a fun course, I don't think I've ever come across this one when I have looked for courses around Bradenton.

#16 on this course is one of my favorites in all of Sarasota. Dogleg left Par 4, with an island green. A well placed tee shot will leave you with a mid/short iron in to the green, but not only is it an island green, it is also surrounded by bunkers.

I remember that one in looking at their hole by hole. I love greens like that. Gives you a lot of risk vs reward off the tee.

Some slightly uphill. One short Par 4, Hole #6, the last 150 yards is straight downhill. Number 18 has a HUGE drop off from the tee box.

No kidding? That's awesome.

The green sounds a bit like #3 or #16 from True Blue. Island green, and where there is a little bit of room to miss, it's sand.

Looking forward to getting out there tomorrow. Will try and get some good pictures for everybody.

1st post updated with pictures from todays round with mward.

Stupid 15th club and an 8i that cost me 6 shots

Glad to see the fairways are holding up well. Greens being quick doesnt surprise me at this time of year. Fun course to play, #16 is a favorite of mine and the tee shots on #10 and #18 can be brutal if you dont hit the straight ball.

That shoot on 18 would jack with my head majorly.

Looks like a nice track though for sure, I'd honestly forgotten what green grass looked like.

Glad to see the fairways are holding up well. Greens being quick doesnt surprise me at this time of year. Fun course to play, #16 is a favorite of mine and the tee shots on #10 and #18 can be brutal if you dont hit the straight ball.

Wind. Holy crap strong. Second hole was playing what we thought would be 185 when factoring wind. Hit my 190 club. Caught it too steep and it upshot a bit. Went 135yds and just barely in the bunker.

Wind. Holy crap strong. Second hole was playing what we thought would be 185 when factoring wind. Hit my 190 club. Caught it too steep and it upshot a bit. Went 135yds and just barely in the bunker.
That bunker shot is usually pretty tough to. Below the hole and a sloping green.

Tried to hit it high out, left it in the sand near the front. It was a great course but man it made me look really foolish. Often.

That course looks great, mward's 15th club looks great and the 18th tee shot looks great!

wow, people do buy ball retrievers

Back