The Smart Watch Thread

Nope, not at all.

Picked up a new band and love it.
0637f9eec112e913cafd7d87d07b2233.jpg

What band is that? I've got the white sport band, and I wouldn't mind something that looks a bit less casual for day-to-day. Reminds me of the Milanese loop one apple sells, but I much prefer the color of yours.

How is GG liking her Zenwatch?

What band is that? I've got the white sport band, and I wouldn't mind something that looks a bit less casual for day-to-day. Reminds me of the Milanese loop one apple sells, but I much prefer the color of yours.

Teslasz from Amazon. I researched all of the brands and this one seems to work great.

They have multiple colors and it fits the sport. I might grab the blue one now too.

How is GG liking her Zenwatch?

So far so good. It works very well. In fact better than mine.

Found the culprit on my wife's watch. We figured it out a while back but wanted to make sure the problem didn't return before updating here.

The issue was Message+ from Verizon. I know that's odd to hear that Verizon has issues but it's true. :alien:

Message+ doesn't work well with Android Wear (at least on our end) so we switched to using Messenger from Google. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to uninstall Message+ from the watch so we just had to block it. Since switching to Messenger, everything has been great and she loves it!

Found the culprit on my wife's watch. We figured it out a while back but wanted to make sure the problem didn't return before updating here.

The issue was Message+ from Verizon. I know that's odd to hear that Verizon has issues but it's true. :alien:

Message+ doesn't work well with Android Wear (at least on our end) so we switched to using Messenger from Google. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to uninstall Message+ from the watch so we just had to block it. Since switching to Messenger, everything has been great and she loves it!

So I'm assuming not buying from the Verizon store would avoid that?

So I'm assuming not buying from the Verizon store would avoid that?

It's not from Verizon. Straight from Moto. When you sync your watch to the phone, it automatically pulls any apps from the phone that will work on the watch. It's s major overlook IMO. There is a way to uninstall the app but it's not easy and can mess up your stuff of you're not uber careful.

It's not from Verizon. Straight from Moto. When you sync your watch to the phone, it automatically pulls any apps from the phone that will work on the watch. It's s major overlook IMO. There is a way to uninstall the app but it's not easy and can mess up your stuff of you're not uber careful.
Ah gotcha, yeah that sucks

But my bloatware free nexus would also solve the problem I guess

those with an Android Wear watch, do you use any type of keyboard on it so you don't have to reply to a text by using your voice all the time?

those with an Android Wear watch, do you use any type of keyboard on it so you don't have to reply to a text by using your voice all the time?

Are there keyboards? My wife has never looked and is curious after I just asked her

Teslasz from Amazon. I researched all of the brands and this one seems to work great.

They have multiple colors and it fits the sport. I might grab the blue one now too.

So far so good. It works very well. In fact better than mine.
That band is sharp, need to check that brand out.

That band is sharp, need to check that brand out.

$35 on Amazon and while there are a few for a couple of dollars less, I have heard they are real garbage.
This one is top notch. Thinking about ordering the blue as well.

$35 on Amazon and while there are a few for a couple of dollars less, I have heard they are real garbage.
This one is top notch. Thinking about ordering the blue as well.
I just looked at them , good review. Will check yours out later this week. Not a bad price at all though.

Are there keyboards? My wife has never looked and is curious after I just asked her
Saw some while checking out some apps today. Looked like there was one tied in to a messaging app. Another I think called flick keyboard.

a6ce869c357919879a94faae1a5adbc6.jpg

ZenWatch?

yup zenwatch 2. Had some gift cards and reward credits that were going to expire soon. Was between this and the LG Urbane. Figured for a first go, I'd go with this one. Thinner than the Urbane, though that one looks classier.

The only thing i dont like about my zenwatch2, is that its a bitt uncomfortable. I need to find a different band for it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The only thing i dont like about my zenwatch2, is that its a bitt uncomfortable. I need to find a different band for it.

which band do you have? I have the leather one with the clasp instead of the normal watch closure.

I have the brown leather strap with the clasp.

Same watch as GG, ddec.

Sony Smartwatch 3

Sony Smartwatch 3

I've been researching smartwatches for a while now. One thing I want to be able to do is use it for golf. I have a Nexus 5x which is on the larger side and I don't like it on me when I'm playing, which made me search for a GPS smartwatch. I'm an Android guy so the only ones I considered was the Moto 360 Sport and the Sony Smartwatch 3. I was waiting for the CES announcements hoping there was a Sony Smartwatch 4 but they didn't announce one. SO, after reading reviews on the 360 Sport complaining of GPS enabled battery life sucking badly, I searched around for a deal on the Sony 3. I just ordered one today through Verizon for $129 shipped. That's hard to beat (actually near impossible).

I can say initially that there is no denying they are ugly (no more than the Apple), but for $129 VS $299 I can live with it for a golf app. Like someone else earlier remarked, I can't wear mine at work, so it will be almost exclusively for golf. I'll put up some remarks after I've used it a time or two.

Last edited:
I recently went to the CES show this past week and you should see the amount of smartwatches that are coming out. I still like the Apple iWatch, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I've been researching smartwatches for a while now. One thing I want to be able to do is use it for golf. I have a Nexus 5x which is on the larger side and I don't like it on me when I'm playing, which made me search for a GPS smartwatch. I'm an Android guy so the only ones I considered was the Moto 360 Sport and the Sony Smartwatch 3. I was waiting for the CES announcements hoping there was a Sony Smartwatch 4 but they didn't announce one. SO, after reading reviews on the 360 Sport complaining of GPS enabled battery life sucking badly, I searched around for a deal on the Sony 3. I just ordered one today through Verizon for $129 shipped. That's hard to beat (actually near impossible).

I can say initially that there is no denying they are ugly (no more than the Apple), but for $129 VS $299 I can live with it for a golf app. Like someone else earlier remarked, I can't wear mine at work, so it will be almost exclusively for golf. I'll put up some remarks after I've used it a time or two.
Look forward to your review on the Sony, I'm thinking of getting one to use with Swing by Swing or maybe Golfshot and I'll be interested in the battery life and functionality. My phone is fixed to my push-trolley at the minute which is no good if I'm in the rough or trees.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I've had the samsung gear 2 for almost 2 years now, still love it. Its still got some gimmicks that well just aren't too useful, but for fitness tracking, and calls and being able to just check without having to pull my phone its great. Of course I do enjoy being on the course, the wife calls, and I can continue to talk to her while I am taking my swing.

Gear2 is on tizen, but it doesn't bug me as it does what I want it to do. Would be nice to have android wear on it, which can be done, but weary of putting it on as its not official for it, but rather a custom rom that has most features working. I would only do it if I were able to get the golf gps program to display on the watch.

Back