The Stand/Carry Bag Thread

Callaway Big Bertha Stand Bag.
THP & Callaway gave them to all of the THPers in the THP Event called The King and the guys were/are raving about it.
Such a fantastic bag. Tons of storage, looks great, light weight, and enough dividers to make a guy like me who prefers a 15 way top not mind it.

I like the Aqua dry better. Little smaller build, lighter, but same size top.

I like the Aqua dry better. Little smaller build, lighter, but same size top.

Love this bag. Use #TheGrandaddy version of this bag since December and love every single thing about it. In fact its the best stand bag I have ever used. It does push the price in some areas, but then again, with the Grandaddy signups looming, EVERY single THPer should throw their hat in the ring. All expenses paid trip of a lifetime...And it will certainly have a golf bag included.

Callaway Big Bertha Stand Bag.
THP & Callaway gave them to all of the THPers in the THP Event called The King and the guys were/are raving about it.

I will have one very soon. Definitely need to rep Cally a bit more considering their presence in the bag. Was instantly jealous of Fupresti's King bag.

Awesome thx guys. I'll have a look at the Callaways.

Love this bag. Use #TheGrandaddy version of this bag since December and love every single thing about it. In fact its the best stand bag I have ever used. It does push the price in some areas, but then again, with the Grandaddy signups looming, EVERY single THPer should throw their hat in the ring. All expenses paid trip of a lifetime...And it will certainly have a golf bag included.

Destiny :) Got the color I wanted (black/red) for $140 shipped on amazon prime flash deal. Thanks!

This beauty is finally coming to casa Canadan. Really excited to get it into play.

bags-2015-big-bertha-stand-staff_2558___1.png

This beauty is finally coming to casa Canadan. Really excited to get it into play.

I like it!!! I will eventually add another Aqua Dry stand bag for when the Grandaddy bag is retired to the man cave (which is my entire apartment).

I got the Nike Hybrid bag in the Vapor scheme for my birthday back in March and it is my favorite bag. Which is saying alot since I have been using a Ping Hoofer since 2012. I play midsize grips and they dont tangle up and drive me crazy when walking and I cant get a club out. I switch between walking and taking a cart depending on who I play with and this bag is great for both. For a 14 way its pretty light and the straps are comfortable. The cart strap section keeps the bag from twisting when I ride as well.

I like it!!! I will eventually add another Aqua Dry stand bag for when the Grandaddy bag is retired to the man cave (which is my entire apartment).

The aqua dry is absolutely awesome, but you know me and my style -- And this one just fits it a bit better. Were it blue/white I'd have already had a meltdown and bought four, but this will do wonderfully!

The aqua dry is absolutely awesome, but you know me and my style -- And this one just fits it a bit better. Were it blue/white I'd have already had a meltdown and bought four, but this will do wonderfully!
Blue/white and you would stop at four? I claim nonsense. :)

One of my favorite stand bags made. Just really well done.

I just got the Hopkins Stand Bag that comes with the promotion of buying their irons and I really like it

I'm. So. Excited.

Cannot wait to get this in hand and on the course, will miss the green, but this is a pretty sweet change up IMO.

bags-2015-hyper-lite-5-stand_13215___1_zpsxiywcc4d.png

bags-2015-hyper-lite-5-stand_13215___3_zpsdjvuywfk.png

bags-2015-hyper-lite-5-stand_13215___2_zpsmcylwy1w.png

Have they improved the durability of the hl5? The stand system drove me absolutely crazy. The plastic piece between the legs kept sliding, causing the legs to no fully deploy, and then the bag would fall over when placed on any sort of slope. When I'd adjust the sliding piece to force the legs to deploy wider, the legs would then not fully fold in when picking up the bag.

Have they improved the durability of the hl5? The stand system drove me absolutely crazy. The plastic piece between the legs kept sliding, causing the legs to no fully deploy, and then the bag would fall over when placed on any sort of slope. When I'd adjust the sliding piece to force the legs to deploy wider, the legs would then not fully fold in when picking up the bag.
Fwiw I have three HL5 bags and never experienced any of this.

I never had any issues with my other one in the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiite ton of walking rounds I put on it, so I'm really not concerned.

Ready to have a divider setup (even though I wish it was 7-way) that I can carry review gear more easily. A bonus that its lighter than what I'm coming from, will be helpful when I'm out carrying with my players in the spring.

In the end, Ogio needs to hire someone with a clue though aesthetically, makes me sad I can't just go with a Woode setup because I cant find a scheme that looks good.

Us fickle golfers, eh? LOL

It's amazing how hideous ogio bags are.

It's amazing how hideous ogio bags are.

Yeppers. If you want plain black, they rock that, anything else though, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARF.

Let Callaway use the Woode system! #ProblemSolver

Nice bag, Jman! Hope it is a constant reminder of December for you!!

Just saw a pic of the '16 Sun Mountain XCR stand bag. Wow think this in the red/white/blue could be my bag next year. Has anyone seen these in person yet? Would like to see some detailed photos if so.

makes me sad I can't just go with a Woode setup because I cant find a scheme that looks good.
I really wish that Woode top was licensed to other manufacturers. It's not everybody's cup of tea, but I *love* it. I'd buy stand bags, cart bags, staff bags, whatever with that top every time.

I was thinking last night about what a perfect bag for me would be. I wish my Ogio stand bag was a little bigger diameter with full-length dividers, the same Woode top, and the legs and straps from my Nexus. And have it available in decent colors.

So I have an OGIO Wisp and an HL5 now, and while I love the HL5 for a lot of things, there are 2 things that absolutely kill it for me.

The 5 way divider is terrible. I've had my OGIO for almost 2 years now, and don't have experience with a lot of other bags, but the amount of tangle between handles in the HL5 is just terrible. The other thing is when the base deploys the legs, it also pushes up on everything in the bottom of the bag, which crashes my wedges and short irons into the mid-irons. Minor, but enough to be annoying.

The storage is awesome on the HL5. I much prefer it to the OGIO in that respect. And Jman is right that it looks a lot better than the OGIO. I have the solid black Wisp, but it's nothing to get too excited. I even think the HL5 sat a little better on my Sun Mountain push cart. But I think the dividers are enough to keep it as the storage bag until I can find a buddy who needs a new bag.

Back