The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing today, which was a little disappointing. Erica is deathly sick, so it was me and kiddos all day.

Hope she gets better soon dude a day off every now and a gain is good for you.

I saw something weird today at the range when i was hitting driver the net was at 250 yard out it seemed like my drives were hitting the net deflecting backwards and spinning forward after hitting the net has that ever happened to anybody

Got back from dinner and a movie with the GF. When she left I spent 20 minutes using the impact ball with various swings. Something for my mind to sleep on.

I need to get to the range today and get some chipping practice in. It's amazing how one of the best parts of your game can turn into the score killer in a matter of days.

Frustrating session at the range yesterday. Went through a large bucket and it wasn't until about 6 balls from the end that I realised I had been a little too far away from the ball with my irons. Stepped a touch closer and was hitting them pure again, such small changes make huge differences!

Frustrating session at the range yesterday. Went through a large bucket and it wasn't until about 6 balls from the end that I realised I had been a little too far away from the ball with my irons. Stepped a touch closer and was hitting them pure again, such small changes make huge differences!

It's crazy how that happens sometimes, the small things drive me crazy!

Today I'm hoping to get some much needed short game time in, the weather is going to be nice so I'm sure the range will be packed. I'm itching to do some work with the SeeMore again, I love that putter so far.

Winter rules apply?

jahu9yre.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I need to get to the range today and get some chipping practice in. It's amazing how one of the best parts of your game can turn into the score killer in a matter of days.

Make sure you aren't coming too far from the inside on those shots. When I start to lose my short game it is because of that 90% of the time.

Wonder how much ice on the shaft affects swing weight.
yzaru6us.jpg

You are a trooper Bender. No way I would be out there if ice was forming on my irons.

Lots of putting practice today for me.

You are a trooper Bender. No way I would be out there if ice was forming on my irons.

Lots of putting practice today for me.

Crazy maybe, but I'm tired of waiting for the weather to get better. At least it's not snowing, nice and sunny. Beats sitting on the couch dreaming of summer.

Another range session today. More of the same. Hit many balls with the j40 58° wedge. Again focused on lots of half swings. One piece takeaway, start down swing with hips rotatinf, staying in posture through impact. .. up to 6 iron I was seeing good swings and on target flight. 5 iron I had lots of pushes... hit about 10 balls with hybrid and couldnt hit it to save my life. Same with 3w. Hit 5 balls with driver and ther were good. Couple high face misses but straight

Used the kiddo's nap time for practice and got in some good work. Stretching, some resistance things, drills and full swing on the monitor, and then 40 minutes of kick my ass core work on the TRX.

I wanted to get some time on the monitor for one reason, and that's to look at what I'm producing with what feels to me like drastically less effort. On-course I felt like I was seeing good things, but I know my typical numbers well enough that I figured I'd get some confirmation. Plus the wind made distance hard to gauge.

Ball speeds on just a smooth easy move were basically identical to what I've seen over and over again as of late. Maybe 1-2 mph lower at times, but my best swings were right there and even higher by a hair. Best thing is though that I'm hitting the ball solidly much more often right now - big change in consistency. I know golf is full of pretend 'Aha!" moments, but it feels like I finally understand what we are working on in my lessons. The light really turned on. Lower body goes, turn, whack. Backswing feels like it's half as long as it was a couple weeks ago, though I do have to consciously inhibit the overturn.

I believe I'm coming in a tiny bit steeper, because I'm seeing a little more spin than normal (which is fine with me - good in fact b/c I'm a low spin guy). That means I don't get the impressive launch monitor carry numbers that some irons can pull for me, but I know this will be much more playable. Still work to do there. I think added strength and continued work on tidying up the move will result in a handful more yards, but what I saw is playable from the distances I'll be playing this year. Confident that I'll get more if I do it the right way.

Anyway, I'm pretty damn excited. Feel like I actually accomplished something on the way to my goal, though like I said - I see a ton of room for improvement and that's going to happen by more lessons and more work.

Keep it up Hawk, sounds like your swing is getting better and better everyday. Great Job!!!

Plan tomorrow is to spend the morning at the range and practice green. Putting will be the focus and I also plan to wear out a Bio Cell 6 iron.

If anyone doesn't already know Hawk is putting in WORK in all aspects. Dude is a workhorse and drives me and the rest of my teammates every day to get better.

No better time than now Ricky. This is the year to make a push for the future. I'd love to set myself up for a decent game that will last me awhile.

Hawk is going to be a changed golfer this year. Guy is just throwing down a ton of work.

I love the nap time practice sessions during the weekend. Good stuff there and I agree, the work Hawk puts in motivates me to keep plugging away.

Taps away

Found it.

I hit a bucket of balls this afternoon, again focusing on getting my driver back online. One slight adjustment, and it was finally back to feeling like I am hitting the inside half of the ball. The result is a high, relatively tight draw. I hit a few thin, and I hit some that drew a little more than I wanted. But, the dead pull and the snap hook were non-existent. The vast majority of shots fell within about 10-15 yards horizontally. I'll take that all day.

I kind of wish that I had a launch monitor with me today to see what the numbers were. Some of the drives were just smoked, and I was interested to see the distance. But, I was also interested to see the distance on the miss-hits.

Irons were good. Hybrid was ridiculous (which is becoming a very nice trend), and wedge work was solid. All in all, a good day of practice.

No better time than now Ricky. This is the year to make a push for the future. I'd love to set myself up for a decent game that will last me awhile.

I'm pulling for you, my friend. I'm totally taking you and your teammates down come July, but I'm excited to see the game that you're bringing.

I love the nap time practice sessions during the weekend. Good stuff there and I agree, the work Hawk puts in motivates me to keep plugging away.

Taps away

Best time there is right there. Got lucky and scored 2+ hours today!

I'm pulling for you, my friend. I'm totally taking you and your teammates down come July, but I'm excited to see the game that you're bringing.

No more Pete Dye massacres in my future. Now that's motivation haha.

I am agreeing with you there hawk. With this stupid winter we have had it's a no brainer to get the swing down and fixed before the golf season really kicks in. Can't wait to make it up to the Qaud Cities and see what kind of damage you can do out on the course.
Best time there is right there. Got lucky and scored 2+ hours today!

I am agreeing with you there hawk. With this stupid winter we have had it's a no brainer to get the swing down and fixed before the golf season really kicks in. Can't wait to make it up to the Qaud Cities and see what kind of damage you can do out on the course.

I want to play Fyre Lake a bunch this year. That course will be a beast from 6500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back