The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some fantastic work being done in here today.

Mike keep up the work and you'll get there.

Kevin, I know that same feeling of 80% swing is still too long. Keep up the work and you will get that proper length feeling ingrained.

Played 9 today, comparing some different balls, but it quickly turned into a total mind job. Just could not get comfortable over the ball. My full swings felt like my legs were stuck in concrete, and all I was hitting were snap-hooks. I'm not usually a fan of going to the range when I'm sore and frustrated, but I couldn't stop myself... Range session actually turned out really well. I was able to just relax a bit, and got things back together on the range.

Still, between getting a bit psyched out on the course today and dealing with a sore lower back, I'm going to take tomorrow and do the best thing I can for my game. Go to the gym, lift some weights, sit around, play video games, and stay away from the course for a day.I've put in 9 or 18 holes 6 of the last 7 days. I need a break.

Kind of a blah session last night. I had been going through a routine with my practice and decided to switch it up last night. Wasn't the best idea. Wasn't getting much out of it so I stopped after a half hour. Probably needed a night to just step away anyways, been going full bore for 2 weeks now.

Back into the normal routine tonight.

I wont go into alot of detail, as I kinda did in another thread, but last might i learned a valuble lesson. Dont take your fundamentals for granted..

85 today, I'm getting to work on the game finally!

I wont go into alot of detail, as I kinda did in another thread, but last might i learned a valuble lesson. Dont take your fundamentals for granted..

Amen to that dude. I've learned never to assume I have something done 100%. Always working

85 today, I'm getting to work on the game finally!

Jealous of you big time. Still 40's up here.

Jealous of you big time. Still 40's up here.

I hate winter dude, the ground is still really wet right now but I suspect it will dry out this week. I hope you warm soon buddy.

Nice, do work Cobra teammate!

Indeed dude, Cobra deserves my best and I'm going to work hard to give it to them.

I am still stuck indoors but I will be able to work on some chipping basics and putting. I am going to try to find a golf dome or somewhere I can take some swings with some time off I have next week.

Had my longest session yesterday that I have had since being selected to the MC. Worked strictly on shots from 150 and in for about 2 hours and then 30 min of putting. I am really focusing on getting my scoring clubs down to give myself the most opportunities to score and make the most of every round. With my new moves, there is still some inconsistency but everything is trending towards being more consistent with ball flight and dispersion. Will be back at it this evening

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Had my longest session yesterday that I have had since being selected to the MC. Worked strictly on shots from 150 and in for about 2 hours and then 30 min of putting. I am really focusing on getting my scoring clubs down to give myself the most opportunities to score and make the most of every round. With my new moves, there is still some inconsistency but everything is trending towards being more consistent with ball flight and dispersion. Will be back at it this evening

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I love the focus on the shorter irons. So easy to go out there and bang the driver. Keep up the good work.

Just had my first lesson in about a year and it was fantastic. Was doing everything wrong with this shot. Got into the right position and presto! Amazing and it feels wonderful. Have some practice to do now but wow this could be a game changer.

Forgot what it felt like but first range session outside and first since the back injury. Absolutely no problems with the back so I was really pleased.

As for my ball striking, it was rusty for the first 10-15 balls as I was quick and out of synch. I started to relax and I really started to hit the ball well.

This was the first time taking the Amp Cell Driver outside and i couldn't have been happier. Hit it 5 times, all dead straight at least 240 in the air.

All in all - a good first outdoor range session of the year.

agy3yrab.jpg

Forgot what it felt like but first range session outside and first since the back injury. Absolutely no problems with the back so I was really pleased.

As for my ball striking, it was rusty for the first 10-15 balls as I was quick and out of synch. I started to relax and I really started to hit the ball well.

This was the first time taking the Amp Cell Driver outside and i couldn't have been happier. Hit it 5 times, all dead straight at least 240 in the air.

All in all - a good first outdoor range session of the year.

agy3yrab.jpg

They let you hit off of the grass already huh? I'm kinda surprised about that! How was the ground?

Had a great time hitting a bucket today with the new sticks. Hit some solid, solid, shots today right down the pipe. The only bad ones I hit were a couple smother hooks, caused by getting too greedy and scuffing the mat before impact.
I went back to my old swing last year out of frustration, and had good results. This year it seems to be coming together nicely as well, and the new clubs are just fantastic. Didn't even mind hitting off the mats today, which is a first for me. Hoping to get back some of the consistency I used to have. Not the bipolar golf I played last year.

They let you hit off of the grass already huh? I'm kinda surprised about that! How was the ground?

Oh no, that picture was from the edge if the mat. Based on the number if balls I saw disappear into the ground, it is going to be awhile.

Oh no, that picture was from the edge if the mat. Based on the number if balls I saw disappear into the ground, it is going to be awhile.

I hope that ball right in front of the mat was already there and not yours :alien:

First time in months I got my work done early evening. Get to put my feet up after the kiddos go to bed woot.

First time in months I got my work done early evening. Get to put my feet up after the kiddos go to bed woot.

Good for you man, enjoy the time.

Just got home from my fourth lesson. Really starting to understand what it is I am trying to accomplish with a full swing finally. Total 180 in attitude from the start of the lesson to the finish as I was pretty down about things after my last round and practice session.

Just got home from my fourth lesson. Really starting to understand what it is I am trying to accomplish with a full swing finally. Total 180 in attitude from the start of the lesson to the finish as I was pretty down about things after my last round and practice session.

That's awesome Donne, just a matter of working on it and executing going forward. How many lessons do you have lined up total?

Hit the range briefly tonight. After thinking all day about what I worked on I had to get back out there and verify it wasn't a fluke. Smooth and keep a good knee bend and spine angle all the way through the impac zone. Tonight I saw some distances I hadn't seen in a long time. It felt awesome. I'm very happy with where my swing is right now, but I will not rest on it. I've got to make this stick. Finished up with some 50 yard shots at the net. I was all around the net, I only landed 2 of 20 balls in the net. Granted its about a 3' circle net, but I have to work on that and get a few more in it. I was hitting my 54 and 58 with short swings. More work on that is coming for sure.

That's awesome Donne, just a matter of working on it and executing going forward. How many lessons do you have lined up total?

I have already paid for two more. My plan is to take those before the month is over, and see how the practice towards engraining those thoughts goes between now and the end of May. I may add one or two for a refreshing or if I'm not progressing as June gets here.

I have already paid for two more. My plan is to take those before the month is over, and see how the practice towards engraining those thoughts goes between now and the end of May. I may add one or two for a refreshing or if I'm not progressing as June gets here.

A man with a plan...well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back