The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked on wedges today and putted for about 30 mins after work.

I had one of the worse range sessions yesterday with my irons... I'm talking 6 all the way down to my PW. Everything was going right & I couldn't figure it out for the life of me do I stopped. I'll call my instructor I've worked with from time to time & get squared away ASAP.

On the bright side I was hitting my woods very well and the GBB is legit. I forgot to set up my SC-100 so I didn't get data, but what I aw has me excited.

Short game and putting was good, but I still have work to do.

I have been struggling lately with most of my clubs. Went to see my instructor, it was just an alignment issue. It is amazing to me how posture, grip and alignment have such an impact on the swing. I enjoy talking to my instructor about the golf for the reason is believes in fundamentals like that. He never tries to compare my swing to others... so have a few range sessions I am hitting the ball better then ever.

Spent about an hour putting last night before hitting the range. Using the Scottsdale TR and remembering how much I really liked it (other than the size). And I especially like it after regripping it. Was rolling the ball well, but still need to get the feel for distance better. Just need to keep at it.

Spent about an hour putting last night before hitting the range. Using the Scottsdale TR and remembering how much I really liked it (other than the size). And I especially like it after regripping it. Was rolling the ball well, but still need to get the feel for distance better. Just need to keep at it.

That new grip on there is sweet!

I played 12 holes today at a horrible course. Horrific 'spongy' greens where the ball can't check down, unless you're super far out, in which case if you land the green the ball impales itself half way deep.

Its a short but really narrow track which is good practice for the long game...but for putting and pitching it is horrible.
I ended up putting one handed because I was afraid it was going to mess with my putting when I got on a real green.

I used to love playing this course. My first year, 80-90% of my golf was played here...but I didn't know any better. I never understood why my game didn't travel well.

Now it's become that gal I used to see at the club at 2am, that I know I should stay well away from, but somehow I can't help myself to try one last time; I'm soon filled with regret.

I thought for $16 and a last minute tee time it was worth it. It wasn't.

No practice for me this week due to life. I was hoping to build on some amazing results last weekend.

Booooooo.

Found out today that the range close to my office is now closed already for the season, so I hiked it down a few more exits to another range on my lunch break. I got a large bucket, half of it was irons (decent) and half of it was getting adjusted to my new (to me) 3 Deep & working on driver some more.

I'm playing in a scramble this Sunday, two of the guys are bombers (one won last year's long drive at this particular event) but not always straight so I worked on just figuring out the 3 Deep tee height & ball position. Once I got that dialed in I was hitting nice little fades, which I'll take any day because they're predictable & will be helpful to have a decent tee shot in the fairway if needed.

Driver was actually pretty on today. I didn't hit a single snap hook, which I think is due a lot to working on the correct setup from my lesson a few weeks ago. It drives me nuts that one club will hook, and then the next one down the bag will gently fade. I'll only be able to hit into a net before the scramble so fingers crossed I can just get loosened up & do OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worked on my putting today and switched some things up that I think will help. First, I got a little more upright in my stance, admittedly after seeing Jman putt on Panda's periscope, and it seemed to help with consistency and control. Also, due to the more upright stance, I'm gripping at the end of the putter instead of choking down like I have been doing. Finally, I switched back to my TC #1W from my #7CH; the weight of the TC just feels so much better and smooths out my stroke, the 7CH just doesn't let me feel the head as much as I want. Hopefully these changes will help my putting come back around.

Went to the range for the first time since my lesson a few weeks. It was nice to be out there again. Worked on my takeaway and finishing my swing and rotating my shoulders through the swing.

Time and discussion with Panda in person always does me wonders.

Confirmed what I thought I was doing (hanging back, little slide, open face) and helped me fix it with my grip and mindset. Moreover though confirmed to me I have made some pretty solid headway with my swing, made me so happy.

You rock Panda.

I had a very nice range session tonight, which is crazy considering how poorly I played yesterday. Every club in the bag was cooperating. It was fun. I really hope I can bring this swing to the course for my match Friday.

I had a pretty solid range session yesterday working on extension (as usual) and driving the back of the left hand into the turf, per Freddie's suggestion. Driver was a little squirrelly at first, but got it squared away. Found out it is really difficult for me to hit my stock fade off the tee with the Fly-Z, no matter what I do it draws slightly haha. Working on it.

Sand play time as well, and that was not successful. Got pretty frustrated. Need to make it a point to hit at least 15-20 sand shots every range session, and if that doesn't work I need a lesson on it. I still feel like this is the one part of my game where I'm just not in control.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

So I thought I'd be slick and go to a local executive course on my lunch break to work on my irons & short game. The joke was on me when the sky opened up unexpectedly, so now I'm back at the office drenched :)

I had some more slices, which led to 2 lost balls. When I made a conscious effort to keep my spine angle, I hit solid shots that had a nice draw on them. If I didn't think about maintaining my angle, it was slice city.

I spent some time in a bunker just working on getting the ball out to different distances. My sand play leaves a LOT to be desired, and I know I need a lot more work on that.

Time and discussion with Panda in person always does me wonders.

Confirmed what I thought I was doing (hanging back, little slide, open face) and helped me fix it with my grip and mindset. Moreover though confirmed to me I have made some pretty solid headway with my swing, made me so happy.

You rock Panda.
Quoting this because after some swings this evening, that grip.... Yes. Panda, thank you buddy.

Went to the range again today. Focused the majority on my driver and mixed in some long irons and wedges. Saw some good some bad. Got 36 booked for this weekend

Went to the range again today. Focused the majority on my driver and mixed in some long irons and wedges. Saw some good some bad. Got 36 booked for this weekend

Good for you man, go get some work done.

I've got 18 planned on Sunday with some old friends from college, I'm hoping the good play from the Gauntlet sticks around a little longer. Hell, I really just hope the putting does.

The putter is in a really good place right now. Even on bad first putts, I'm usually knocking in the second even from 6-7 ft. Thank you putting stroke change.

Aim small, miss small. Own it dude. OWN IT!

Finley is waiting.

Hit the range 1 hr after landing in denver. Had some things on my mind from what Charlotta told me during my fitting at Annika Academy. Rotation to load the right side, no need to manually transfer weight. Proper rotation puts weight where it needs to be. Incredible how much easier to release the club when I'm not sliding into impact!

Hit the range 1 hr after landing in denver. Had some things on my mind from what Charlotta told me during my fitting at Annika Academy. Rotation to load the right side, no need to manually transfer weight. Proper rotation puts weight where it needs to be. Incredible how much easier to release the club when I'm not sliding into impact!

SO pumped that so much good came from that fitting for you my friend.

Funny how that works..glad you had an aha moment

SO pumped that so much good came from that fitting for you my friend.
It was so worth it! I wish I would have done it last year
Funny how that works..glad you had an aha moment
So simple concept yet hard to execute when you have years of bad habits lol

Worked on wedges for a good amount of time tonight. Nothing else but wedges. Showing up at the range with 4 clubs helps me (forces) to stay focused.

I need to work on my. AOA with driver. During my fitting I was at +6 to +7. I'd like to get it down to about +3 to +4 to see if that can help with accuracy

Went to the range to hit a bucket and after 10 balls I gave the rest to the guy next to me. Who knew separated ribs could hurt so bad. No more swings for a while for me. Funny...was fine until I went for xrays...stupid awareness. Trying to make the mind listen to the body is hard for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back