#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Prep work was good today. Ready to get this party started

I've got high expectations for my teammates and my replacement. Counting on you guys to get it done!

We are going to really miss you being there partner! With that said we are going to play hard to rep you and little Kaylee well .:thumb:

Danny I hate to hear this, but I understand you absolutely have to do what's best for your little girl. Hate that I won't get to meet you in a few weeks though. Best of luck bud, you will forever be Team Chad in my mind!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

A few days closer...

After todays round, I am itching for some competitive golf.

International #7. Par 4. I bet this is a pretty hole when laid out in front of you. One with bite though. Will take 2 good shots to hit green!

CGInternational7_zps2e1d0a40.jpg

The tee shot there seems pretty straight forward to me, but I'll be clenching the cheeks on the approach with anything more than a 8i.
Looks like a great hole!

The approach shot is going to be an interesting one there depending on how your drive ends up. Rigth side of the fairway and mental toughness is going to be key in keeping your second shot from trailing off to the left.

Ok. Time to step up the course posts. Going to try to do two a day now to get in all before the event.

Here is International #8 a par 5. Water all along the right side. Fairway looks generous off tee but then seems to gradually become more narrow as you get closer to the green.

CGInternational8_zpsaa1c2d1e.jpg

Played a scramble on Saturday with some buddies and walked away from the round with mixed feelings.. Hit decent shots but was still letting too many get away from me... anyway..

Was able to get out yesterday with Puttin4Bird and his dad. Me and Jake decided we would go match play. I figure I am a 14-16 hdcp and he is a 6, but he would only give me 4 strokes. Fair enough, its time to put the big boy pants on. Had a horrible start and was down 2 after three and 6 over already. He went three up after 4 and I was really getting nervous and frustrated with my play. Luckily I got a stroke on 5 and won with a par net to get 2 down. Won the next par 3 with a nice tee shot and easy 2 putt par. I believe at the turn he was still 1 or 2 up and I finished with a 45 (par 35 front). Was in a pretty good groove on the back and went into 18 down 1 hole after a horrible 3 putt to lose on 17. Ended up birdy-ing 18 to end the match AS. Shot a 42 (par 36) on the back and hit some solid shots to save and win a few holes. For this early in the season it felt great to put up an 87 and get some pressure golf in.

With the weather finally warming up I should be able to get 1-2 range sessions a week and at least 2 rounds of golf every weekend. This should put my game in better shape then its ever been.

Solid play Jesse! You shot a similar score to me on Saturday (I shot 88) and we have similar caps, so looks we're both trending in the right direction!

Regarding Int'l #8 - at 500 or more yards with that kind of trouble, I'm playing that one as a three shotter all the way. Probably take less than driver off the tee, and try and hit a precise layup to give me somewhere between 100 and 120 yards on the approach to have the best chance of sticking it close. Not a lot of room for grip and rip on that hole.

Played a scramble on Saturday with some buddies and walked away from the round with mixed feelings.. Hit decent shots but was still letting too many get away from me... anyway..

Was able to get out yesterday with Puttin4Bird and his dad. Me and Jake decided we would go match play. I figure I am a 14-16 hdcp and he is a 6, but he would only give me 4 strokes. Fair enough, its time to put the big boy pants on. Had a horrible start and was down 2 after three and 6 over already. He went three up after 4 and I was really getting nervous and frustrated with my play. Luckily I got a stroke on 5 and won with a par net to get 2 down. Won the next par 3 with a nice tee shot and easy 2 putt par. I believe at the turn he was still 1 or 2 up and I finished with a 45 (par 35 front). Was in a pretty good groove on the back and went into 18 down 1 hole after a horrible 3 putt to lose on 17. Ended up birdy-ing 18 to end the match AS. Shot a 42 (par 36) on the back and hit some solid shots to save and win a few holes. For this early in the season it felt great to put up an 87 and get some pressure golf in.

With the weather finally warming up I should be able to get 1-2 range sessions a week and at least 2 rounds of golf every weekend. This should put my game in better shape then its ever been.

That's the way to hang tough partner and come back strong. :thumb:

What's up fellas? So pumped for this!

What's up fellas? So pumped for this!

Get ready to gird up ya loins and hunker down like the Dawgs did during the Erk Russell days ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to step up with that 18th hike Jesse!
Josh, though circumstances weren't ideal, we are glad to have you on the team! Let's make Danny proud!

I've been up in hey-there (Minnesota) for the weekend, so no golf for me, but I did get a chance to hit the BB at Golf Galaxy. Simply and awesome club. Weather looks good back home so Ill get some solid time practicing, with a round scheduled for Ohio this weekend. I'm so pumped for this.

Way to fight back Jessie and tie the match. I think we'll see a lot of matches like that at #theking.

Miller Time! Welcome to #theking my friend.

I've got high expectations for my teammates and my replacement. Counting on you guys to get it done!

Sorry you can't make it bud, but I will do my best to make sure you're well represented!

Just skimmed through a little to try and catch up. This will be my first team format event. Heart is still pounding from getting the news that I'm in this awesome event! I can already feel those first tee butterflies popping up.. My schedule is cleared for that week now and I'm in full prep mode right now to get everything right. Had a solid lesson yesterday and I shot a new PB on Saturday. The game is there, I just need to keep doing what I'm doing to bring my A game.

I don't think Team Harry knows what they're getting themselves into....

#TeamChad

Just skimmed through a little to try and catch up. This will be my first team format event. Heart is still pounding from getting the news that I'm in this awesome event! I can already feel those first tee butterflies popping up.. My schedule is cleared for that week now and I'm in full prep mode right now to get everything right. Had a solid lesson yesterday and I shot a new PB on Saturday. The game is there, I just need to keep doing what I'm doing to bring my A game.

I don't think Team Harry knows what they're getting themselves into....

#TeamChad

That's cute....

My round on Saturday at Chambers Bay was probably the best practice I could have got prior to #TheKing. I was feeling a bit nervy early on and once I put in some positive effort to get over it I played quite well (not including 17 and 18).
I received some solid advice from some guys who have played at THP events already, including the Grandaddy.

Can't wait for April 24 to get here!

Well done Curtis! Playing through a bit of nerves is solid prep for what we'll face down in Orlando. Nice that you got some free advice on team competition as well!

Ok. Time to step up the course posts. Going to try to do two a day now to get in all before the event.

Here is International #8 a par 5. Water all along the right side. Fairway looks generous off tee but then seems to gradually become more narrow as you get closer to the green.

CGInternational8_zpsaa1c2d1e.jpg

Well done Curtis! Playing through a bit of nerves is solid prep for what we'll face down in Orlando. Nice that you got some free advice on team competition as well!

This seems like a relatively short par 5 from either of the middle tees. With a good drive and a good lie I would probably attempt this one in 2, with the water being on the right it sets up well for me.

There is something about that nervous feeling of REALLY wanting to play well that can cause your tempo to just go to crap if you aren't aware of it. I wish I had more opportunities to simulate that feeling prior to #TheKing but that one will have to do!

International #9, Par 4. Depending on tee this could be a Par 4 to score on.

CGInternational9_zps80896c9c.jpg

A hole I can actually have a short iron in on, nice! Need an accurate drive, but with that, definitely a solid chance at hitting it close.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Back