THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Ok so now that I'm at a place that has Internet, I'll answer the question asked earlier.

I am 100% in this thing and I have full confidence that my captain knows that. I would have been just as supportive had I not gotten picked. I know that I am very fortunate to represent my state and know that there are dozens that want my spot. It is not taken lightly.

And I know that this event is about half full of THP event rookies and I know some may not have been the most active. But I notice you all trying to be more active and venture out to other threads. It may be uncomfortable at first but it gets easier with time. Keep at it. Trust me, the rest of the community wants to be just as involved as we are. If you are practicing, post it in the practice thread. Wanna ponder some new True Temper or Project X stuff? Post it in the equipment pondering thread. The one thing that shuts everyone off is turning this into a local area banter thread. So keep at it fellas this event will be here before you know it. And one lucky thper will be given the red carpet treatment some could only dream of

Ok. I have a new question.
Time to brag on yourself!

What specifically do you bring to your team that you feel will help your team win?

Myself, I feel that once off the tee I play slightly better than my handicap. I also feel that my game travels well, and I will shoot my handicap.
I will make my share of mistakes (high handicap) but my share of nice shots as well.

Team Michigan win!

I bring to my team a lot of power and confidence. Now it may not be Gunner or Jspangs long, but I can put my team in a spot to win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have question, why are you guys so focused on who is not present instead of who is? It happens in every event yet it's been a topic since the pics were made. There are non members watching and joining on he strength of these newly added events. Celebrate that and one another. Focus on what can be controlled, your games. The rest is history and its up to you guys to bring it for the next year.

Not saying you can't talk or have an opinion. Just saying there is so much more to focus on other than the ones that didn't make it.

Question to the participants and the non participants....The unforeseen just happened in another RR matchup. Someone unfortunately had to withdraw for personal reasons. This was always a possibility as life happens sometimes. Some guys have disappeared after teams were final and some have stayed.

My questions to you... are you 100% dedicated to this rivalry?

Current participants: If you couldn't give the event and sponsor everything it deserves...Could you? would you? make the tough call if you had to for the team?

Supporters: You didn't make it in but are still here having fun and supporting the event. If this scenario comes in our RR, will you be ready if called upon?

Would if I could, but I can't so I won't...

Honestly I think both of you will have plenty of alternates at the ready if needed.

I bring to my team a lot of power and confidence. Now it may not be Gunner or Jspangs long, but I can put my team in a spot to win!

Lol, Jspangslong today was about 190 yards

I have question, why are you guys so focused on who is not present instead of who is? It happens in every event yet it's been a topic since the pics were made. There are non members watching and joining on he strength of these newly added events. Celebrate that and one another. Focus on what can be controlled, your games. The rest is history and its up to you guys to bring it for the next year.

Not saying you can't talk or have an opinion. Just saying there is so much more to focus on other than the ones that didn't make it.

Maybe because so many posted in this very thread that they wouldn't vanish. I'm not that surprised. This isnt my first rodeo. Hell I've seen some vanish from event threads that I never thought would. Some are seeing it for the first time. This is more than us 8 vs the other 8. It's Ohio vs Michigan

Lol, Jspangslong today was about 190 yards

Massive distance from your 7i dude dang I'm jealous

Freddie, I think it's because there are some who really wanted in the event. I for one loved the participation before the picks, and hate to see anyone drop off. These guys can still be involved and welcomed through prep.
Ohio, they can have 6 guys drop off the face of the planet and one would hardly notice. Michigan not so much. I want an involved Michigan on THP, and am encouraged more are posting.

I also think there is sufficient focus on the teams themselves such as asking could you give up your spot if not committed? And What do you bring to your team, favorite and least favorite part of the process so far... Among other topics

I for one want everyone's participation here and want everyone to feel welcome.

Massive distance from your 7i dude dang I'm jealous

Haha, we would hit a ball and watch the wind just hold it there.

I absolutely flushed a 6 today (just a touch under over pured) and it went out about 115 rose into the air like a balloon and fell softly to Mother Earth.

The wind was so strong it was bending in our windshield.

Maybe because so many posted in this very thread that they wouldn't vanish. I'm not that surprised. This isnt my first rodeo. Hell I've seen some vanish from event threads that I never thought would. Some are seeing it for the first time. This is more than us 8 vs the other 8. It's Ohio vs Michigan

Freddie, I think it's because there are some who really wanted in the event. I for one loved the participation before the picks, and hate to see anyone drop off. These guys can still be involved and welcomed through prep.
Ohio, they can have 6 guys drop off the face of the planet and one would hardly notice. Michigan not so much. I want an involved Michigan on THP, and am encouraged more are posting.

I also think there is sufficient focus on the teams themselves such as asking could you give up your spot if not committed? And What do you bring to your team, favorite and least favorite part of the process so far... Among other topics

Ill add that this is also the first series of events, where Albatross Club Members that did not get in, can still participate both in the build up as well as the actual event through the meet and greet and dinner.

If I can sneak away from the wife and baby, I'll try to slide down for the weekend

Ill add that this is also the first series of events, where Albatross Club Members that did not get in, can still participate both in the build up as well as the actual event through the meet and greet and dinner.

Ya that is an awesome added bonus. I hope it's taken advantage of

Question to the participants and the non participants....The unforeseen just happened in another RR matchup. Someone unfortunately had to withdraw for personal reasons. This was always a possibility as life happens sometimes. Some guys have disappeared after teams were final and some have stayed.

My questions to you... are you 100% dedicated to this rivalry?

Current participants: If you couldn't give the event and sponsor everything it deserves...Could you? would you? make the tough call if you had to for the team?

Supporters: You didn't make it in but are still here having fun and supporting the event. If this scenario comes in our RR, will you be ready if called upon?

I made this team and I am 100% in to preparing for this event and helping my team prepare for their best.

What pairings and match ups is everyone wanting to see?

I for one would like to see a 441/Certifi_able vs JDtox/MichiganSlice. That would be a good match.

Do you have any you are looking/hoping for?

Is this a hint to where the victory breaking of bread will occur? Or possibly a mid round delivery to the course?
Lord I hope not, I know this may get me kicked out of Ohio, but that stuff is Terrible.

I'm not sure those two tend to argue on the course.

I'd like to see a Milkman/441 vs Tpluff/Wzyguy match.

Or Canadan/Robman7 vs Jdtox/MS

There could and will be some interesting matchups and this event will be one to follow. If by chance Mike and I get paired up, so be it and Michigan will feel the wraith

I'm still working hard at improving my game, working with my instructor, hitting balls outside/inside, dry swings. If in the unfortunate event I'm called on to step on the course my game will be at its best.

I know I feel welcomed!!

Agreed on all points CJ. I think the banter has been great in here. Unfortunate that people fall off the planet but it is what it is. Shouldn't happen though if your being honest with your answers etc.

Back