1. Tpluff
2. Michigan Slice
3. Music Master
4. Jspangs
5. ??
6. ??
7. ??
8. ??

So far that's all I heard from sure hope more Michigan people are interested.

I'm interested, and enjoy beating up on Ohio.

1. What is your current index? 11.8

2. What is your goal index wise by the time of the event? get it down to 8.5

3. What do you consider are your strengths of your golf game? I find fairways and make a ton of putts

4. What are your weaknesses that you need to improve? bunker play

5. What kind of player are you teammate wise when playing alongside a fellow teammate? depends on the format. if it's alternate shot for example I play the shot in front of me and not worry about putting my partner in a good spot. I know that sounds funny but when I go for my shot and not worry about the next one, I usually have a better outcome. As for my partner I want them doing the same thing. I found out a long time ago that works best in alternate shot. format aside I like to encourage and compliment my partner.

6. What is your plan to help assure your team is victorious in June? work my butt of to get to my handicap to my goal and have a couple practice rounds to get some course knowledge before hand.

7. Why do you want to be apart of this team? Cuz I'm a Buckeye through and through... enough said!

8. Why should I pick you? Because every team needs to have a retard on their team... :bulgy-eyes: And I thrive in competition...

I'm not handicapped, I'm handicap-able!

1. What is your current index? 12?

2. What is your goal index wise by the time of the event?
Establish an official handicap, playing to a 10 by the event.

3. What do you consider are your strengths of your golf game?
Distance, which is a premium at this course. I also have a cornucopia of recovery shots from off the fairway, cuts, slices, hooks, draws, low, high, you name it. I am more accurate than I have ever been, but getting out of trouble with creative shots is one of my favorite things to do. (Ask Pinslayer216 about my 2nd shot at Pine Hills #9 that beat him and his partner in match play a few weeks ago). Perhaps my biggest strength is my ability to throttle back and just take what the course gives me. I score my best when I take all the trouble out of play which is easy to do when you can hit say, a 7 iron 200yds.

4. What are your weaknesses that you need to improve?
Dialing in yardages better on approach shots, chip shots, etc... This is so much feel it will take dedicated practice sessions to work on. Putting has improved greatly, but needs to get even better. I want to make sure I am not leaving any birdie/eagle putts short anymore, and give myself a chance to make them. Accuracy off the tee is better than it has ever been, but will get even better if I can continue to eliminate one side of the course with a one way miss. In it's current state my miss is left and if I can keep it that way I'll be happy.

5. What kind of player are you teammate wise when playing alongside a fellow teammate?
I am the calming force. I don't get rattled or let things get to me. I am all about high fives and encouragement even when things aren't going well. When they need me to pick up the slack, I have the steely eyed focus to drain a putt or hit a clutch shot when they need it the most. I perform best when I know that I need to.

6. What is your plan to help assure your team is victorious in June? I am going to be working on my game from now until then as much as anyone possibly could. I am going to challenge myself to find my true index and challenge myself to play each course to better that number. I am swinging clubs in my family room and watching my swing on video almost every day. Same goes with my putting stroke, and with a heated and covered driving range only a mile away from me you can get that i'll be over there whenever I have enough daylight to see my ball in the air.

7. Why do you want to be apart of this team? Any true Ohioan doesn't need an excuse to get up and get pumped for a chance to beat up on anyone from the State of Michigan, and I certainly don't either. I want to be a part of this team because I love competition! I don't get a chance to compete like I used to when I was younger. Sure I play darts, and billiards, and maybe some bowling with friends, but that's not enough to get my competitive fire burning hot enough. I blew out my ACL three years ago when I tried getting back into playing football, so I need a new outlet for my energy. THP and these events is perfect for that! The passion that everyone here has for this game will make the experience even more fulfilling.

8. Why should I pick you? I want the ball with the game on the line. I am not joking, give me the damn ball! I hate losing even more than I enjoy winning because to be honest I expect to win. I know when I focus on something and get myself in the zone I can and will execute exactly what I have planned. I will do everything in my power to win this competition. I have always been a leader on every team I have been on so I have that to bring to the table as well. If you want someone with the killer instinct to get the job done at crunch time then I'm your man.

some good stuff so far fellas, keep em coming

ATTENTION OHIO HOPEFULS

Since we wont have time for a "draft combine" I would like anyone interested in making the team to answer these questions via PM (you can post them here too, but I want a PM so I can keep tabs easier).

1. What is your current index?
2. What is your goal index wise by the time of the event?
5. What kind of player are you teammate wise when playing alongside a fellow teammate?
6. What is your plan to help assure your team is victorious in June?
7. Why do you want to be apart of this team?
8. Why should I pick you?

Will get this take care of tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I hear Michigan is going down this year?

So I hear Michigan is going down this year?

welcome back, get that AC membership renewed (or check with Pinslayer cause he was looking to pay it forward) and get in on this one!

Yusss!

Updated rankings

1. Tpluff
2. Michigan Slice
3. Music Master
4. Jspangs
5. ??
6. ??
7. ??
8. ??

So far that's all I heard from sure hope more Michigan people are interested.

I am 100% in! Can't wait. Can't wait for our first team practice!

i have a few cool ideas I'll pm you about.

Posting this picture to change the Tapatalk image.

1cf006bba30a353688d885fb4247a8ab.jpg

looks like the MI team is coming together nicely

Posting this picture to change the Tapatalk image.

1cf006bba30a353688d885fb4247a8ab.jpg
#productplacement

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#productplacement

Well it beats a sign from a company not sponsoring this event and I had already used the THP Tour Van last time. :D

1. What is your current index? 21.8

2. What is your goal index wise by the time of the event? 15.0

Putting and finesse shots around the green (40 yards and in) & putting tee shots in the fairway

Consistency: I need to keep my misses small & not turn 2 shots into 3 or more. Longer irons/hybrid shots (150-220 range)

I’m even-keeled. I don’t show a lot of emotions. I try to stay in the moment & I don’t get rattled by bad shots by our team or good shots by the other team. I try to keep my teammates focused on the process & help them stay positive & visualizing the great shot they are about to hit. I try to keep things light by joking around a bit & just enjoy how great it is to be outside playing with THPers.

6. What is your plan to help assure your team is victorious in June?
Continue to work on all aspects of my game.
a) play as much as possible with fellow OH THPers in match situations (whether I make the team or not); Compete as hard as I can each time to help everyone else up their games
b) Daily golf exercises & drills.
c) Daily putting practice.
d) Increase my strength & flexibility (including losing weight & eating better)
e) get custom fit for my entire bag so I know that I’m using the optimal equipment for me

7. Why do you want to be a part of this team?
First & foremost: playing in THP events is the highlight of my golf season & always a great time. But to be part of the first-ever winning Regional Rivalry team? Man, no one can ever take that away. It’s like being part of history. Plus, I've got a lot of Ohio pride too (this has always been my family's home, for many generations). It's always good to beat Michigan

8. Why should I pick you?
My game has seen a big improvement over the past year, and I expect it to continue to get a lot better. I think I’ll be playing much better than my handicap by June. And I can give it everything I’ve got without getting so hyped up emotionally that it affects my score.

You've got a point there. 

All 5 of us!

Going back through the thread, I know there were a few more.
I think Stribs posted in the latest contest thread.
I want to say based on count there were a few others too.
Here is to hoping they show up.

This will be played either way, but would hate for it to be a forfeit scenario.

Lions81 and bft is 6 plus i know stribs and music master

Well by my count so far we have a whopping 6 Michigan members I have heard from. Just one more to go! ?

Being that we have about 1 month before sign-ups i really hope Michigan members take notice of how awesome this event is going to be. If it isn't enough we get to battle against our rival there is an amazing MVP trip at stake!!

It's going to be difficult to play here in the months upcoming so we will be looking to get a sim round in soon. Stay tuned.

Oh man that MVP trip.

Perhaps a mercenary or two could be found *cough*

I am 100% in! Can't wait. Can't wait for our first team practice!

i have a few cool ideas I'll pm you about.

Bumping my post... Fingers are crossed. I am really excited about this opportunity!

There's quite a few more in the Michigan thread (which I've posted links to this thread in twice yesterday). We don't have the every day posters or anything like that. I know we have a solid dozen at least, just hope they make their way to this thread.

I know Gregg (wzyzguy) is highly interested.

Back