THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Sorry, the Florida inclusion will back out. Just having some fun with the Michigan folk who I thought could handle some smack banter.

Thought it was fun, apparently it wasn't.

I'll be gentle next time.
You haven't seen the first 3 times this has happened. This is nothing!

No one dares talk smack to Ohioans because 1) We feel bad that their state is right next to Jersey as the worst. 2) They outnumber us. 3) Butthurt cannon resides in the hills of suburban Cleveland. They fire it at will.

No one dares talk smack to Ohioans because 1) We feel bad that their state is right next to Jersey as the worst. 2) They outnumber us. 3) Butthurt cannon resides in the hills of suburban Cleveland. They fire it at will.

I try to ignore most things involving Michigan and Ohio.

But, apparently I can not anymore, as there is a regional rivalry going on.

Maybe I can get a gig as an commentator for this one a la Jim Ross in the WWF.

Hey I live in the hills of suburban Cleveland....

This is fun as long as people don't take crap seriously which people like to once their comments get called into question. I too will sign off for tonight and look forward to a nice sim round of golf on Tuesday with a couple buddies.

G'night Bro ( in the way only CJ and Nick Swisher can say it)

It's so bad that even Ohioans are attacking residents now for not being obsessed with a State School. Awwwwwwwwkwardddddd.

It's ugly. Clearly I am not Ohio material.

Here is a preview.
David Winchell is 1st...As long as its about viewing minor league hockey and playing quidditch.
You are near the bottom, because of a butt cannon picture.

I'll take being number 1. Even if it's about hockey and quidditch

Still super super bummed I won't be in this. But I'm here for my captain and any local knowledge about the course that my fellow Ohioans want to know!

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Well alright then.

Moving along. I'm excited for a chance to represent my state no matter how much tpluff is disgusted by it. I couldn't care less how bad either states pro sports are. We have an opportunity for an amazing trip that can be won by the MVP of the event through the sponsor True Temper. And whoever gets selected gets to be part of the first 16 to ever compete in a Regional rivalry event. I know I certainly want in.

Not sure what happened tonight, but the sponsor of this is an active one and probably reads the thread every now and then. Just something to consider.

And Dan, you're plenty welcome in Ohio by 99% of the residents it seems. Just get that keyboard looked at because it seems to be sticking with some of the keys. :alien:

Last edited:
There's a lot of truth in that, and we're incredibly lucky to have True Temper as a sponsor.

And to your response to me. ooooooookaaaaaaaayyyyy.

I'll take being number 1. Even if it's about hockey and quidditch

Still super super bummed I won't be in this. But I'm here for my captain and any local knowledge about the course that my fellow Ohioans want to know!

I have a few quick pick your brain questions.

How fast/hard do the greens normally play in summer?
Are the bunkers punitive or just pretty aka can I aim for them as a bail out shooting at par 5's in two?
Are their any forced carries to fairways that are over 200 yards from the whites (assuming we play those based on typical thp event distances) ?
How hard and tight lies are the areas on the green and can I land short and get them to bounce up and on holes like 2 and 4 where I want long out of play?
Will a drive on 13 bounce of hill to the right and into the fairway.?
Is 6 as gimmicky as it looks?
What do you think is the most difficult shot on the course?

Just a few basic questions after going over the flyovers, will have plenty more after I play a practice round there.

Wow got caught back up in the thread. Let me just say, I'm glad our real jobs aren't trash talking others or we would all be jobless. One thing for sure I know is I'm bringing my game, getting active in the thread is that I'm home, being a great teammate and will be visiting True Tempers headquarters in future when I'm MVP. Thanks

Sincerely
Rob

There are bunkers worth hitting into, and bunkers worth avoiding.
I believe a draw will help avoid any greenside par 5 bunker, although I seem to remember the bunkers that were long of the green being more taxing than anything short.

Hole 6 is pretty fun. Aim left and you've got a small landing zone with a relatively easy look at the green. Aim right and you're in a waste area that's easy to hit out of unless your ball is up against a tuft of grass.

There are no carries to worry about, minus maybe the two par 3s and the approach on 11 (and i suppose your shot into 9).

I assure you, hitting onto the hill on 13 is bad news.

What Dan said. It's a fairly straight forward course with a couple holes that you may want to consider different club choices off the tee. I'll go back over it again for you tomorrow and see what I come up with

There are bunkers worth hitting into, and bunkers worth avoiding.
I believe a draw will help avoid any greenside par 5 bunker, although I seem to remember the bunkers that were long of the green being more

But I don't hit a draw...
Oh boy.

I mean I have hit a draw before, but I chalk it up as a mistake or rare occurrence....

But I don't hit a draw...
Oh boy.

I mean I have hit a draw before, but I chalk it up as a mistake or rare occurrence....

Then middle of the fairway will work just fine for most holes. Those two par 3's that you have to carry the water though.

updated list of those that have replied to my questions:

PhillyV
Cbaker2882
Bullfrog
Mmaynard11
Gunner
Grins
Ntanygd760
Pinslayer216
The Milk Man
Misike
Certifiable
Robozeo
Canadan

And in case you missed it, below are the questions again:

1. What is your current index?
2. What is your goal index wise by the time of the event?
3. What do you consider are your strengths of your golf game?
4. What are your weaknesses that you need to improve?
5. What kind of player are you teammate wise when playing alongside a fellow teammate?
6. What is your plan to help assure your team is victorious in June?
7. Why do you want to be apart of this team?
8. Why should I pick you?

Last edited:
man all that smoke being blown about Ohio numbers and we have 13? Well, 14 if you count Grins. His brother Brins has been pretty active

Announcement

The 2016 THP Program of #ChangeTheGame encompasses a lot of variables, but one of the items that we are enjoying most is inclusive vs exclusive and what it can mean to newcomers. With that said, there is something unique coming to these events that could make it a lot of fun as well.

While only 16 participants will be playing in the event, THP knows that the day of reckoning has a lot of supports from each region, so we are going to open this up for support, not just online but in person. The meet and greet the night before, will be open to any Albatross Club Members from each region to come on out, enjoy the company of other THPers and watch the matches get setup. The range before the round will be open to supporters of each region to come out, offer some words of encouragement and watch the guys prepare for battle.

The dinner post event is also a possibility, however that will be completely dependent on space availability, and each region will have that announced at least a month in advance so plans can be arranged.

There is a lot at stake here, and we hope THPers enjoy the inclusion and are able to cheer their team on to victory.

Announcement

The 2016 THP Program of #ChangeTheGame encompasses a lot of variables, but one of the items that we are enjoying most is inclusive vs exclusive and what it can mean to newcomers. With that said, there is something unique coming to these events that could make it a lot of fun as well.

While only 16 participants will be playing in the event, THP knows that the day of reckoning has a lot of supports from each region, so we are going to open this up for support, not just online but in person. The meet and greet the night before, will be open to any Albatross Club Members from each region to come on out, enjoy the company of other THPers and watch the matches get setup. The range before the round will be open to supporters of each region to come out, offer some words of encouragement and watch the guys prepare for battle.

The dinner post event is also a possibility, however that will be completely dependent on space availability, and each region will have that announced at least a month in advance so plans can be arranged.

There is a lot at stake here, and we hope THPers enjoy the inclusion and are able to cheer their team on to victory.
This is great news. What a awesome idea and I know we will have a lot of supporters out for both states

This is pretty awesome! I will be there at the meet and greet and on the range saturday morning no matter what!

I'm going to bow out for the evening.

I'll be back when hopefully we can talk about the event itself, or maybe golf.

The wrestling talk, the spelling lessons, and Florida inclusion has been great...

Have a seriously good night all.

Ironically....you are the one pushing everyone off topic...yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, the Florida inclusion will back out. Just having some fun with the Michigan folk who I thought could handle some smack banter.

Thought it was fun, apparently it wasn't.

I'll be gentle next time.

They certainly can't handle it. Welcome back man....

Announcement

That's great! Another way you guys bring THPers together to make this site so great.

1. What is your current index?
2. What is your goal index wise by the time of the event?
-love to be around a 10 than single digits
3. What do you consider are your strengths of your golf game?
-short game would be my biggest strength. Lately driving the ball as I get average distance but usually straigjt
4. What are your weaknesses that you need to improve?
-yardages between 155 to 170,have a hard time hitting the green from those distances, gotta work on n long irons
5. What kind of player are you teammate wise when playing alongside a fellow teammate?
-I'm the best teammate you can have. I know what it takes to go out and win but still know how to laugh and have a great time
6. What is your plan to help assure your team is victorious in June?
-would live to get some lessons but if not I would play more early in the year and work on all aspects of my game. Would also get to the range more often as I have failed to do so lately
7. Why do you want to be apart of this team?
- it's all about the Ohio THPers. Theirs none like us. We have played together a lot and we know what each other do well. Love being able to help Ohio beat the state up north and collect that HoF tag with my teammates
8. Why should I pick you?
- Cause I won't let the team down and will go out and have fun and give the best I have to take down the opponents. Plus if you don't, I'll tell mom on you! J/K

Love the Announcement!
I have a bunch of friends on Both sides of the state line, and I love that they will be welcome to support the event!

Yes.
I have friends on BOTH sides...:act-up:

I do have a couple questions about the course...

What would you say makes the average round last over 5 hours?
Does elevation play a major role in play?
What is the best/ worst feature of the course?

Announcement

I will be at the meet and greet whether I make the team or not. Just another way to support the team and meet other members.

Love the Announcement!
I have a bunch of friends on Both sides of the state line, and I love that they will be welcome to support the event!

Yes.
I have friends on BOTH sides...:act-up:

I do have a couple questions about the course...

What would you say makes the average round last over 5 hours?
Does elevation play a major role in play?
What is the best/ worst feature of the course?

Better watch it CJ, that first part could drive it off topic, since you get the blame for doing so

Back