Tiger Woods ON Presidents Cup Team

The fact that Tiger made this squad is depressing. Freddy and the powers that be just told me that this is far more about $$$ than it is about the competition.

And the players championship didnt already tell you that?

So from what I gather other than Bradley who obviously deserves a spot who else is he competing against? Fowler and Furyk? Furyk has made like 4 cuts this year and Fowler is getting more and more famous for fading on Sundays on the rare occasion he's even close to contention.

I can't stand Tiger Woods but with all things considered he is by far the lesser of the three evils.

What about Dufner? The U.S. squad could use a little waggle. I also like Gary Woodland. He reminds me of The Belbs.

Kevin

Poor Freddy was in a tough spot. Don't pick tiger and he'll look like an idiot for not picking the "greatest player ever" and look like a bigger idiot if they lose. Pick tiger and take the chance that he can play well enough to at least split points, counting on the rest of the team to win it for the USA, and make the people who profit off this event happy (along with brownie points for Freddy, which could lead to $$$).

If that was the case, the PGA Tour would have changed the minimums (and/or one ever 4) a decade ago.
And if you believe any of that influences a guy like Couples that is completely carefree in everything he does, I got news for you.

So what's your theory on 1) why he has insisted he's on the team all along 2) why he made it official so early?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

So what's your theory on 1) why he has insisted he's on the team all along 2) why he made out official so early?

Because there was never a plan B. Its unfortunate, but true.
I dont think Fred Couples got or would care one bit if there was pressure from an outside source.
In our time with him, he is just not that kind of guy.
Nor do I think the PGA Tour would do that. If that was their goal, there would be other rules in place.

I'm disappointed. I don't doubt Couples integrity, but I'm disappointed. I hope he knows something I don't know. I'm not a tiger fan, but I do want him to come back and be good again. It's just good for the game. And I'm pretty sure it's good for Phil Mickelson, he just hasn't been the same without Tiger around (or maybe it's all the family and health issues). Still, I do hope that Tiger plays good again, and the President's Cup would be a nice place to start.

I agree. There was never a plan b. I don't think anyone forced Couples to make the pick, but I think he considered more than golf in making his decision. And I believe he would have handled the whole process far differently if it were Ryder Cup.

Worse Captain's pick ever IMO. Know we get to listen to the Golf Channel go on about this until the Pres Cup is over.
Man you're not kidding on this one, they are painful to watch anytime TW is in an event or in the picture at all. We better enjoy the FedEx Cup playoffs in the mean time!

Man you're not kidding on this one, they are painful to watch anytime TW is in an event or in the picture at all. We better enjoy the FedEx Cup playoffs in the mean time!

Can't argue that. This may be just be more annoying than the LeBron "Announcement".

Well at least the ratings will be up.

Thank goodness, I get worried about the big networks sometimes. I mean if it weren't for tiger, TGC would never have made it, ABC, CBS, NBC, TNT, TBS, and E Channel would be bankrupt. And not's let even talk about the 5-digit purses players would be playing for. :banghead:

I hope Tiger lays a turd in Australia and gets hammered. I also hope that Phil doesn't go. This blows.

If Freddie's doing it just for the draw then he made the perfect choice. But if he did it because he thought it would help the team then it was a big mistake. Tiger hardly played this year and most of the time he sucked. Yes Tiger has done a lot for the game of golf in the past but I don't see him helping the US win this year. If anything, he'd probably help the Internationals wiin. While I've been a fan of his game in the past, I've never been a fan of him personality-wise. He could change that a little bit if he were to do what's right for the team and decline the offer to join this year.

I hope Tiger lays a turd in Australia and gets hammered. I also hope that Phil doesn't go. This blows.

There is nothing to suggest otherwise. Tiger lays the same turd he's been squeezing out for the last two years now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

If he does, when they flush it, it will go the other way.

There is nothing to suggest otherwise. Tiger lays the same turd he's been squeezing out for the last two years now.

ROFL!! You make a good point though. Do his teammates spend more time trying to pick him up and not focusing? I think he's bad for morale.

Hahaha that was funny.

hahaha, no it doesn't. Trust me. Tiger turds have been everywhere over the past couple of years.

I'm a TW fan and i hope he gets back to where he was. I think Tiger has been humbled by his recent play and think that being on this TEAM is what he needs now more than ever. I think he will be a much better team player than he has in the past because of his current situation. Everyone knows he has the ability, he just needs the right environment to harness it.

Good for Freddy for getting this out early and not letting it grow to something that overshadows the event. A true leader.

ROFL!! You make a good point though. Do his teammates spend more time trying to pick him up and not focusing? I think he's bad for morale.

Thats what absolutely gets me everytime someone says, he has been playing better. NO HE HASNT. I want to see him play well but he is done. He needs to play more and he wont. He just flat out sucks bad. His TMex index dropped to 7.3 last night. Thats unheard of.

Just read this on espn, some guy left a comment to an article. All I could do was laugh.

Tiger has plenty of time to get his game back up to his standards. There are over 2 months until the Presidents Cup and anyone who has played the game of golf knows how fast the game can come and go for a player. Sure Bradley is hot coming off a win, but I'll bet he's not so hot in November.

Tiger has rarely had bad spells in his career, but just went through one in his last two tournaments. How many people actually believe he is going to keep playing bad like that? I would guess only those that don't like Tiger Woods or those that want to write a story and create controversy.

The article also fails to take into account how much Tiger can help the other guys on the team since he's been in plenty of Ryder and Presidents Cups. Experience in these things is huge.

Pretty funny the things you read on there.

He followed it up with this comment...
Tiger just got healthy and can finally put in the work to finalize the swing changes. During those months when we wasn't playing tournaments, he couldn't make full swings. Give him these couple of months to get used to that new swing and he'll be ready.

if he misses the cut, he misses the cut. Playing bad in on tournament doesn't mean playing bad in the next tournament. Every golfer knows this.

Another guy also wrote this..

To say Tiger is not still today the best in golf is just straight out ignorant.

Tiger just needs more time guys, that's all.

Tiger just needs more time guys, that's all.

Like two years? I think he needs new wedges.

I think he needs a Razr Hawk driver

Back