Titleist CB Forged 716 Irons Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
20150472.jpg

I would like to try these, I had an old set of 695cb back in the day and loved them. These look good!

These look good, but I still think the J15s look better.

Lookin good, 716CB! Appears that tungsten is the big development they are pushing for this cycle.

I really like the looks of these, and I really like the extra toe weighting on these (finally!).

Interesting. Would love to give them some swings, but the look is...different. Almost like they are trying too hard to make a CB look different.

I like these as well. I could see a combo set in my future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really similar lines to the 990's I used to game. I like it a lot.

Agreed. Which to me is a good thing

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far in these. The CB line generally hasnt been a distance club. Maybe with adding the tungsten help with off-center hits as well as a few extra yards

Typical Titleist. Adams XTD forged have Tungsten in the toe as well.
QUOTE=JB;
post-1-0-70363000-1378588387_thumb.jpg
3902022]
20150472.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Titleist CB Forged 716 Irons Preview

So does Ping?

I'm sure the list is even longer.

Those look pretty darn nice to me!

So does Ping?

I'm sure the list is even longer.

So does TM. Pretty much so does everyone now.

Great looking irons! I'm curious to find out if the new AMTs will be a stock shaft offering.

I'd hit them.

Hard.

Call me crazy but I prefer the looks of the CB 712 and 714 a lot more. These look too busy for me.

Call me crazy but I prefer the looks of the CB 712 and 714 a lot more. These look too busy for me.

I agree. I don't think they are too busy, but I prefer the 712 and 714 versions off initial pictures.

Looks can change a lot though when actually having the clubs in hand, so I'll save full judgement until then.

I like it. Titleist gets some flak for not changing things up, and while they aren't a completely different look they are a fresh looking. Like that they moved proven technology from the AP series to this one.

now these I like...

After Titleist released all of the new lines today and seeing all the pictures, they look a lot better than my initial reaction. Still want to get them in hand before making any final judgments (or see full pics from THP), but they aren't bad at all like I initially thought.

Back