Titleist Tour Speed Golf Ball Review

Got a PM request to bump the video from the article (y)

Let’s give them a whirl:
60ED4BC1-B275-4AAF-89F1-4990363EA597.jpeg

Their not here yet

When I see them in the pro shop, I will purchase a sleeve and see how they do. Why not.

Looking forward to what you all think.

So put this ball it to play today and I was quite pleased with the performance. Seemed to be rather straight off the driver and had some nice drives with my Mavrik SZ. I thought the hybrids and irons is where this ball shined. I seemed to hit my clubs a least a 1/2 a club longer when I hit it solid. Overshot some greens.

Also it has fantastic short game spin, I mean, really good. It kinda shocked me. I think It has better wedge spin than AVX. With my Full Face 60° wedge, I got a couple of shots to just stop when they hit the green. Be interested in seeing this ball go through the @Jman wedge test. Felt just fine off my Atlanta Putter.

Saw the Titleist commercial on TV claiming the this ball is faster then CC, RX & Tour Response, I think this ball will give CC and RX a run for their money based on price, performance and name recognition.
When I have to change the color of my golf balls in a couple of weeks because of the falling leaves, I’ll buy them instead of AVX.

Here is a tee shot on a par 3 170yds with a Mizuno CLK Hybrid.
101F445C-50A8-48A4-AB98-396AD5C5B0D7.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone put the Tour Speed through it's paces to see how it performed? They have some very positive comments on the Titleist website from golfers that they sent a free sleeve to; however, you would probably expect that.

Played a full 18 this past week with these. Overall, not a bad ball. Surprised by just how good the greenside spin actually was. Feel was okay. Not terrific but not terrible. I prefer a touch softer, but I’m just being nit picky. Good distance - pretty comparable to others in its category. Overall, I’d play this ball again. I still prefer the TaylorMade Tour Response over the Titleist Tour Speed, but I liked the Tour Speed much better than the Q-Star Tour. I’ll probably play them again next round to get some more experience and observations with them. In all fairness, I didn’t drive the ball well at all that round. So excited to play another round with it and drive it better (hopefully).

Last edited:
I've been playing the ERC for a few months now moving away from the Q-Star Tour and have been enjoying it, but decided to give the Tour Speed a chance out of simple curiosity and I'm glad I did. I would say for me it's all around a more "spinny ball" vs the ERC. ERC is much straighter off the tee, but not near as good around the greens vs the Tour Speed. I know this comes down to my game and horrible skill, but I'll take all the help I can get. Putting, the ERC gets the slight nod due to the lines, but the feel on both are great for me and a sharpie can make up that difference. The durability is one question mark that I need to take a longer look at. Side by side, after two rounds each, the ERC visually looks to be holding up much better. The Tour Speed appears to be much more susceptible to grass stains and general wear, almost like it had been through a rough life. Performance didn't appear to be impacted though and thankfully I'm not one of those guys who has to be looking down at a "new ball" to enjoy the game. I've been critical about Titelist for years, specifically the pricing and almost elitist attitude of the ProV line, but I have to say... I think they won me over with this ball. I'm curious to see how the second gen performs as the product line evolves.

I’m differently trying a box but I’m going Srixon BOGO all day long when those come up. I’m probably, Check That , I’m not good enough to tell the difference and Srixon must be making acceptable margin with the BOGO.

I just tried these new Tour Speed Balls today. They were horrible and nowhere near worth the price. I bought them because I thought they were the replacement for the Titleist experimental ball (EXP-01) which I loved, but these were not even close. These were much shorter off the tee and hard to hold the green with. These felt more like the Titleist DT SoLo that my company gave away and cost about $15/dozen. The final straw was when I got to the green after hitting a sand wedge approach and noticed a cut in the ball. I still have 10 left from the dozen that I will be giving to my kids to play with and going back to ProV1 or AVX both are a much better ball.

Played 18 with the tour speed today.

Headline: Jack of all, master of none.

This ball is a 7 out of 10 in every category: spin, distance, feel, etc.

Durability is a 3. The cover gets beat up quick from simple sand shots. I did not hit cart paths nor trees, and the cover was shot by hole 3.

Wedge through 3 iron was drop and stop. My wedge would sit in its own ball mark, and the 3 iron jumped forward 8 inches.

Higher ball flight then AVX, lower than ProV1.

I can see why this ball would fit the majority of golfers.

Track man numbers next week.

Reactions: JB
I played this ball yesterday. It's a good ball but, if I hadn't already read that it was a "urethane" ball, I wouldn't have thought it. It's firm feeling off the irons and clicky off the putter. Not horribly so but enough to notice. It reminded me of the NXT Tour. It has good distance off the tee and good spin on full shots into the green.

Last edited:
I think we should see what THPers think about these.

Played this ball over the weekend and I was pleased it’s it, especially compared to the TM Tour Response. It launched a bit higher and certainly carried a few more yards. I got good check on the greens with it and no issues with how it felt off the putter face. No reason I wouldn’t play it again, still have 2 left from the sleeve so I’ll give it another try this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we should see what THPers think about these.
Thanks for reminding me, I still need to post an update on the CS thread. But I'd love to put them head to head against the 2020 CS (even though all the THP review ones have ben sacrificed to the golfing Gods).

Quiiiiiite different than AVX as I’ve been hitting them against each other a bit. The AVX is kind of a freak with its spin and launch window haha

Can you expand on this a bit...this is exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for about this ball. My observation (based on the EXP-01...haven't hit Tour Speed yet) is the EXP-01 was basically ProV1 lite in terms of spin profile (with only slightly less spin around the green, slightly more off a driver, and lower spin/more distance off irons...but close enough overall) with a higher ProV1 type ball flight and AVX was generally lower spinning, lower launching, a bit longer, and cut through the wind nicely. That said, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the comparison between the two balls realizing they are quite different.

Last edited:
Got two sleeves for trial! Interested to see based on internet's mixed reaction. The ball is unlike other boring Titleist. Has some "fun" alignment, but could be seen as less than helpful.

Does anyone know if these will be offered in yellow?

Back