Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

48F, 54D, 62M.

All Raw.

I’ve already got the stamps ready for them when they arrive!
Did budget hook you up? I'm trying to tell myself I don't need the SM8 but if it's a deal...

Slowly starting to check out some 2020 options for wedges and these are right up there. The amount of options available is staggering. I've had used Vokey's previously that I really enjoyed, but have never had a brand new set but this might be the year that changes.

Did budget hook you up? I'm trying to tell myself I don't need the SM8 but if it's a deal...
Yup. It’s the only reason I jumped.

Last edited:
What is the discount again?

Go to our home page. Thehackersparadise.com and on the right hand side of the page is a banner ad with a coupon code written on it. You don’t have to click it, we don’t get paid if you purchase, it’s not an affiliate program.

If people find the discount useful, we hope they consider the Albatross Club as you did. If they don’t, that’s okay too, they get a great discount from the best online store out there.

If for some reason the discount doesn’t work, contact @Ryan_BudgetGolf via PM and he can assist.

I tried the new SM8 wedges and I am a little disappointed. There appears to be more offset to these when set side by side with the SM7s. The offset would not be too big of a deal. Buy stronger lofts and bend them weak. offset gone. But, they also launched higher and spun less for me than the SM7s. That's a do not pass go for me.

I guess disappointed my not be the correct word. Just underwhelmed. These are good, and will of course sell well. Vokeys always do. I was all set to order some, then I tried them. I gues I was just expecting something different. I think they have a little better feeling than the 7s but I think I am going to wait a bit and see what else comes out this year.

Pumped to get my set in hand and into play. Pummmmmmmmped.

Pumped to get my set in hand and into play. Pummmmmmmmped.

i traded in my current set. 52F, 56D, 60M now in the bag

i traded in my current set. 52F, 56D, 60M now in the bag
Waiting for my box from Wedge Works is killllllllllllling me.

Again, HUGE shout out to Budget Golf though!

Waiting for my box from Wedge Works is killllllllllllling me.

Again, HUGE shout out to Budget Golf though!

I couldnt wait. I just got the chromes from my local golfmart the minute it was available. They did me awesome as they took my previous wedges as a return and not a trade in!

I couldnt wait. I just got the chromes from my local golfmart the minute it was available. They did me awesome as they took my previous wedges as a return and not a trade in!
That is pretty killer!

I'm a ho for Raw wedges, so the Budget Golf hookup was way way way way way way WAY too good to pass up!

That is pretty killer!

I'm a ho for Raw wedges, so the Budget Golf hookup was way way way way way way WAY too good to pass up!

Oh dear. Took about an hour break from work to practice. On hop stops with the 60. So much fun! I honestly think they feel better than the SM7 (but thats just me....)

Brought back the Scotty and picked up a 52 /08 and 58/08 to experiment with, maybe they can get my wedge game back in line.

Oh dear. Took about an hour break from work to practice. On hop stops with the 60. So much fun! I honestly think they feel better than the SM7 (but thats just me....)

Same steel - same feel. Maybe the grind and shaft fit you better if different.

absolutely agree. not black and white difference. but the D grind works well for me

absolutely agree. not black and white difference. but the D grind works well for me
Yes, I like the D Grind - but I also take a little more off the trailing edge

Weight shift and movement matters as it pertains to sound and feel feedback.

I'll take your word for it but these changes are usually evolutionary. I have SM7's and would not go SM8, especially raw and handground. I wait two generations.

At the same time, they get a tiny bit better each year. Drip, drip, drip with improvement.

I'll take your word for it but these changes are usually evolutionary. I have SM7's and would not go SM8, especially raw and handground. I wait two generations.

At the same time, they get a tiny bit better each year. Drip, drip, drip with improvement.
Sure it’s evolutionary, but there are shifts in weight, and as such it can’t just be written off that it’s the same thing.

Probably the biggest difference to feel in a golf club will be where the weight is placed. A good example of this is using putters. You can have largely the same shape, absolutely the same metal and alter the milling and the sound will be way different. Another area to show this for people that want to test is to grab an iron line from the same company. Make sure metal used is the same but choose two irons that are styled differently. The sound will almost always be a stark difference.

I agree with the poster on Vokeys not changing much in terms of performance every iteration. I don’t really agree that same metal equals same feel though.

Probably the biggest difference to feel in a golf club will be where the weight is placed. A good example of this is using putters. You can have largely the same shape, absolutely the same metal and alter the milling and the sound will be way different. Another area to show this for people that want to test is to grab an iron line from the same company. Make sure metal used is the same but choose two irons that are styled differently. The sound will almost always be a stark difference.

I agree with the poster on Vokeys not changing much in terms of performance every iteration. I don’t really agree that same metal equals same feel though.

Sure club design will make a difference as will a different grind that fits the golfer, thank you, but We are discussing SM7 v. SM8 ... unless we are talking major changes, my thought is any difference will be subtle ... guess I'll have to hit them. I thought the difference in design from SM5 to SM6 was major. Okay, i'm beaten down enough at work. lol. Y'all have made your point but we are not talking Hot Metal Pro versus Hot Metal. Now that's same metal but a somewhat different design - I think.

Last edited:

Bingo, and that’s my point.

Let’s be real, Vokeys are never going to truly dramatically change, It’ll be a set evolution over time because with who and what they are they’d be taking a massive gamble to make drastic changes. But, as you and I mentioned, even in an evolutionary change you can’t write off potential feel changes.

just finished getting fit for a set of these. Anyone want to guess what the setup is?

Back